Quote from Mikjen :Ok updated to 9.23 now

and still access denied lol

ok fixed it try now
Cool, that works,

But... the insim window only shows pit status
Quote from Mikjen :Cool, that works,

But... the insim window only shows pit status

still? i will check
Spotted a bug in Force Save and also added support for 5.9.2.4 and chande setting in bank intrest
Hey all i'm finalizing 1.3 Beta it !REQUIRES! 5.925!
I will release this update ASAP as i forgot to add something
LFSLapper Cruise Addon (BETA Release 1.3)
Ok so i finally finished 1.3 i had to change a few things causing errors i hope to have 1.4 right around the corner...

Ver 1.3 Change date 23-1-2010
  • Rebuild from v5.924 to v5.925
  • Added Cop System (single Cop)
  • Remade The Following
    1. Made a better and Cleaner looking Hud
    2. Changed up !menu a small bit to shorten script
  • Organized script a little better
  • THINGS TO COME IN 1.4
    1. !chelp
    2. (hopefully) A lottery and ability to rob The bank
    3. Cop Sys (up to 4 Cops)
Found a Bug in OnDistDone download 1.3B
Non Cruise person beta tester comments
Hi

Tried your Cruise add-on, and have few comments to make.

First off, you should make certain assumptions.

People looking for your cruise addon may not know how to use lapper, or even if they have used it, maybe they don't know how or want to know how to change the standard configuration files.

Therefore, maybe you should think about modifying and supplying new addonsused.lpr file, and advising that the original file (where to find it) should be overwritten with your file.

And you need a help/instruction file.

Not long after I started my offline local LFS server and LFS itself, I got few errors regarding the Cruise_Police.txt and Cruise_Tow.txt files not existing. Are new users meant to make their own blank txt files along with Police and Tow folders? If so, where? Should your cruise addon do it for them?

How do you become Police? What about Tow?

Your addon could use some sort of help function specific to the addon. Maybe !cruisehelp or !cruise command that gives some details?

For instance, are users meant to assume because they have the cruise.lpr file in right place and part of the addons, that cruise is now working?

Took me a little while to realise that I needed to type !mode cruise (never mind the other choices available).

Once I did that, I got a short welcome message. This was on for too short a time - either it needs more time, or a close button? Also, it refers to typing !rules. My server doesn't have a !rules page, and !rules isn't part of your addon. Maybe refer this to your !cruisehelp (if you make such a thing), or just refer to the standard !help function.

Once this message disappeared, then got lines telling me what cars, money, health, etc, that I had. This appeared at top of screen, was there for few seconds, then went (same as would happen with any /msg type message. At same time as this text appeared, small dark button appeared on bottom left of my screen. This stayed. I assume that both text and button should have been my HUD?

I note that your cruise.lpr refers to certain sections of some tracks, where I assume certain activities or commands can be carried out. It's not obvious where these locations are. Have you got some track layouts that your server uses for these activities/commands to work? If so, should these be bundled up with your addon? If you did include them, you'd need to give instructions on where to put layouts and how to load them. Lots of people don't know these details.

I drove few laps of Blackwood with cruise addon enabled, but nothing happened anywhere. Having never used the cruise function of LFS, or having been done any LFS cruise, I don't know what I'm supposed to do/not do. An addon or help or instructions should tell me. Don't tell me on the forum! Make it obvious to us cruise noobies with some sort of help.

Looking thru some of your code (majority of which is way above my level!), I see that some CASE commands start with ! (e.g. !Bank) but some don't (e.g. deposit). You should think about not only standardizing this, but think about if someone asks another user a question and likely answers that might involve these words
e.g.

Quote :Q] banks - how do I put money in?

A] deposit some

Will this free text messaging (in this case "deposit") fire off lapper to do something?

Drift Mode - changed from cruise to drift mode, and drift score buttons appeared at bottom left of screen. All scores blank. No matter how much I drifted these didn't change. Worse, I had my own driftmeter.lpr function enabled, so this overlaid your buttons. Was I doing something wrong, or did I have wrong thing/addon enabled?

If you could address these various issues, I'd like to have another look at your cruise addon.

Don't take above as negative criticism!

I'd like to see you get this working - it's the sort of things my sons might be interested in trying.
Attached images
Cruise HUD.PNG
Quote from sinanju :Hi

Tried your Cruise add-on, and have few comments to make.

First off, you should make certain assumptions.

People looking for your cruise addon may not know how to use lapper, or even if they have used it, maybe they don't know how or want to know how to change the standard configuration files.

Therefore, maybe you should think about modifying and supplying new addonsused.lpr file, and advising that the original file (where to find it) should be overwritten with your file.

And you need a help/instruction file.

Not long after I started my offline local LFS server and LFS itself, I got few errors regarding the Cruise_Police.txt and Cruise_Tow.txt files not existing. Are new users meant to make their own blank txt files along with Police and Tow folders? If so, where? Should your cruise addon do it for them?

How do you become Police? What about Tow?

Your addon could use some sort of help function specific to the addon. Maybe !cruisehelp or !cruise command that gives some details?

For instance, are users meant to assume because they have the cruise.lpr file in right place and part of the addons, that cruise is now working?

Took me a little while to realise that I needed to type !mode cruise (never mind the other choices available).

Once I did that, I got a short welcome message. This was on for too short a time - either it needs more time, or a close button? Also, it refers to typing !rules. My server doesn't have a !rules page, and !rules isn't part of your addon. Maybe refer this to your !cruisehelp (if you make such a thing), or just refer to the standard !help function.

Once this message disappeared, then got lines telling me what cars, money, health, etc, that I had. This appeared at top of screen, was there for few seconds, then went (same as would happen with any /msg type message. At same time as this text appeared, small dark button appeared on bottom left of my screen. This stayed. I assume that both text and button should have been my HUD?

I note that your cruise.lpr refers to certain sections of some tracks, where I assume certain activities or commands can be carried out. It's not obvious where these locations are. Have you got some track layouts that your server uses for these activities/commands to work? If so, should these be bundled up with your addon? If you did include them, you'd need to give instructions on where to put layouts and how to load them. Lots of people don't know these details.

I drove few laps of Blackwood with cruise addon enabled, but nothing happened anywhere. Having never used the cruise function of LFS, or having been done any LFS cruise, I don't know what I'm supposed to do/not do. An addon or help or instructions should tell me. Don't tell me on the forum! Make it obvious to us cruise noobies with some sort of help.

Looking thru some of your code (majority of which is way above my level!), I see that some CASE commands start with ! (e.g. !Bank) but some don't (e.g. deposit). You should think about not only standardizing this, but think about if someone asks another user a question and likely answers that might involve these words
e.g.

Will this free text messaging (in this case "deposit") fire off lapper to do something?

Drift Mode - changed from cruise to drift mode, and drift score buttons appeared at bottom left of screen. All scores blank. No matter how much I drifted these didn't change. Worse, I had my own driftmeter.lpr function enabled, so this overlaid your buttons. Was I doing something wrong, or did I have wrong thing/addon enabled?

If you could address these various issues, I'd like to have another look at your cruise addon.

Don't take above as negative criticism!

I'd like to see you get this working - it's the sort of things my sons might be interested in trying.

well as for help if u read my post...

Quote :
THINGS TO COME IN 1.4
  1. !chelp
  2. (hopefully) A lottery and ability to rob The bank
  3. Cop Sys (up to 4 Cops)

i am already working on all of the stuff u said... as for the hud idk why it works on my pc but not others...

as for the Cases with out ! those are a part of another command like the deposit u said... it would be !bank Deposit not Deposit...
I did say not to take as negative criticism! It's meant to be constructive; to move things on. I'm an idiot, so I'm the one you need to make it proof against!

I'm seriously impressed with what you've done, and I'd like to see it work.

Help - problem I have is same as everyone else - we're lazy and don't always read as much as we should.

HUD - Is this meant to be on all time?

I changed part of your code to get information to appear in the HUD, but nothing would update, so (obviously) I did something wrong.

Changed from

Quote :Sub Cruise_HUD ( $userName )
IF( $Mode == "Cruise" )
THEN
IF( $Cruise_HH == "Yes" )
THEN
C_Car( "HH" );
ELSE
C_Car( "Norm" );
ENDIF

openPrivButton( "Cruise_HUD",2,136,20,4,4,-1,32, "^7Cash: " . FormatCash( GetCurrentPlayerVar( "Cash" ) )
. "%nl%^7Cars: " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_UF1" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XFG" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XRG" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_LX4" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_LX6" ) .

" " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_RB4" )
. "%nl%^7Cars: " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FXO" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XRT" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_RAC") . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FZ5" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_VWS" ) .

" " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_UFR" )
. "%nl%^7Cars: " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XFR" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FXR") . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XRR" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FZR" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_MRT" ) .

" " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FBM" )
. "%nl%" . strFormat( "^7Health: {0:0.00%}",GetCurrentPlayerVar( "Health" ) )
. "%nl%^7Session KM: " . round( ToNum( GetCurrentPlayerVar("TotDistMeter") / 1000 ),1 )
. "%nl%" . strFormat( "^7Bonus: {0:0.00%}",ToNum( GetCurrentPlayerVar("BonusMeter") / $Refund ) )
. "%nl%^7Total KM: " . round( ToNum( ToNum( GetCurrentPlayerVar( "KM" ) + GetCurrentPlayerVar("TotDistMeter") ) / 1000 ),1 )
. "%nl%^7PitSafe: " . FormatPitSafe( ) );
ENDIF
EndSub

to

Quote :Sub Cruise_HUD ( $userName )
openPrivButton( "Cruise_HUD",2,136,20,4,4,-1,32, "^7Cash: " . FormatCash( GetCurrentPlayerVar( "Cash" ) )
. "%nl%^7Cars: " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_UF1" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XFG" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XRG" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_LX4" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_LX6" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_RB4" )
. "%nl%^7Cars: " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FXO" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XRT" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_RAC") . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FZ5" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_VWS" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_UFR" )
. "%nl%^7Cars: " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XFR" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FXR") . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_XRR" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FZR" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_MRT" ) . " " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "C_FBM" )
. "%nl%" . strFormat( "^7Health: {0:0.00%}",GetCurrentPlayerVar( "Health" ) )
. "%nl%^7Session KM: " . round( ToNum( GetCurrentPlayerVar("TotDistMeter") / 1000 ),1 )
. "%nl%" . strFormat( "^7Bonus: {0:0.00%}",ToNum( GetCurrentPlayerVar("BonusMeter") / $Refund ) )
. "%nl%^7Total KM: " . round( ToNum( ToNum( GetCurrentPlayerVar( "KM" ) + GetCurrentPlayerVar("TotDistMeter") ) / 1000 ),1 )
. "%nl%^7PitSafe: " . FormatPitSafe( ) );
IF( $Mode == "Cruise" )
THEN
IF( $Cruise_HH == "Yes" )
THEN
C_Car( "HH" );
ELSE
C_Car( "Norm" );
ENDIF

Should it matter if there's a happy hour for info to appear?

Also, under Sub Cruise_Wel_Close, you have Cruise_HUD( $userName ); twice. Don't know if that makes any difference to anything.

And under GlobalVar $Food; you have most of your food as $Food["Price","..... except Hamburger, which you have as $Food_Price["Hamburger.... is that right? Does it matter?

As an aside, when I was reading the menu part of your script, especially the health, I thought some of these items should have a negative worth! Maybe you should add something like $Food["Health","All day breakfast"] = "-1.00";!!

Do you have a copy of the BL1 layout you use and could share? Maybe things will make more sense to me if I have that loaded.
Quote from sinanju :I did say not to take as negative criticism! It's meant to be constructive; to move things on. I'm an idiot, so I'm the one you need to make it proof against!

I'm seriously impressed with what you've done, and I'd like to see it work.

Help - problem I have is same as everyone else - we're lazy and don't always read as much as we should.

HUD - Is this meant to be on all time?

I changed part of your code to get information to appear in the HUD, but nothing would update, so (obviously) I did something wrong.

Changed from

to

Should it matter if there's a happy hour for info to appear?

Also, under Sub Cruise_Wel_Close, you have Cruise_HUD( $userName ); twice. Don't know if that makes any difference to anything.

And under GlobalVar $Food; you have most of your food as $Food["Price","..... except Hamburger, which you have as $Food_Price["Hamburger.... is that right? Does it matter?

As an aside, when I was reading the menu part of your script, especially the health, I thought some of these items should have a negative worth! Maybe you should add something like $Food["Health","All day breakfast"] = "-1.00";!!

Do you have a copy of the BL1 layout you use and could share? Maybe things will make more sense to me if I have that loaded.

i fix these bugs go get 1.3C
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i fix these bugs go get 1.3C

My version is 1.3C.

Downloaded again, and Hamburger fixed, but you still have

Sub Cruise_Wel_Close ( $KeyFlags,$id )
SetCurrentPlayerVar( "PitSafe", "1" );
privmsg( "^7PitSafe: ^2Yes" );
[COLOR=blue]Cruise_HUD( $userName );[/COLOR]

closePrivButton("Cruise_Wel_1&Cruise_Wel_2&Cruise_Wel_3&Cruise_Wel_4");
EndSub

Any chance of loading your BL1 layout beside the code on your first post, so I can try it?

Just out of curiosity, but is there a reason for showing the data that would appear in your HUD as a privmsg when the Global Welcome message closes?
Quote from sinanju :My version is 1.3C.

Downloaded again, and Hamburger fixed, but you still have

Sub Cruise_Wel_Close ( $KeyFlags,$id )
SetCurrentPlayerVar( "PitSafe", "1" );
privmsg( "^7PitSafe: ^2Yes" );

closePrivButton("Cruise_Wel_1&Cruise_Wel_2&Cruise_Wel_3&Cruise_Wel_4");
EndSub

Any chance of loading your BL1 layout beside the code on your first post, so I can try it?

Just out of curiosity, but is there a reason for showing the data that would appear in your HUD as a privmsg when the Global Welcome message closes?

eh i hope to get 1.4 out soon so il just put it in that release
OK, was trying to think of some ideas for you - came up with a few.

Not sure how original they are (they're original for me though), or if they'd even be wanted, but with lapper they should all be achievable.

Delivery Drop against the Clock
Go to track point A, pick up an item, and drop off item at track point B.

Make it so that you have to go faster than speed limit to get from A to B, with risk of being fined for breaking speed limit. Maybe faster you do it, more money you can make, with risk of larger fines if caught speeding way above limit.

Criminal Contraband
Bit like Delivery Drop, except you have to pick up contraband goods, do a minimum number of laps then drop them off. Different goods worth different amounts.

If you're caught breaking law (speeding, etc), then you're busted for carrying contraband. Maybe more than contraband worth.

More the goods are worth, more laps you have to do. More chance of being caught.

You can add extra in that if an other driver fingers you when you're carrying, you get busted and they get reward. However, if they finger someone that's not carrying, they have to transfer part of their cash to the person they falsely accused, and maybe they have to go to jail (pits).

Secret Stash
The Admin(s) "stash" money/goods at various parts (in a zone) of the track.

If driver stops in right place, and correctly identifies what is stashed (maybe various choices given in your help file - make people have to read it!) then they get the stash. But wrong goods, right place, gets them nothing. Right goods, right place gets you the goods, but empties the stash (maybe till all stash's are gone).

However, to make a 'guess' on goods and location, it costs them - bit like buying a lottery ticket. Maybe only small number of guesses per lap.

Of course, Admin(s) would have to add locations and stash in their own Cruise.lpr file - otherwise, these people who could read your script would win big! And you'd have to change goods/location every so often (once a week?).

That's all I could think of!
Quote from sinanju :OK, was trying to think of some ideas for you - came up with a few.

Not sure how original they are (they're original for me though), or if they'd even be wanted, but with lapper they should all be achievable.

Delivery Drop against the Clock
Go to track point A, pick up an item, and drop off item at track point B.

Make it so that you have to go faster than speed limit to get from A to B, with risk of being fined for breaking speed limit. Maybe faster you do it, more money you can make, with risk of larger fines if caught speeding way above limit.

Criminal Contraband
Bit like Delivery Drop, except you have to pick up contraband goods, do a minimum number of laps then drop them off. Different goods worth different amounts.

If you're caught breaking law (speeding, etc), then you're busted for carrying contraband. Maybe more than contraband worth.

More the goods are worth, more laps you have to do. More chance of being caught.

You can add extra in that if an other driver fingers you when you're carrying, you get busted and they get reward. However, if they finger someone that's not carrying, they have to transfer part of their cash to the person they falsely accused, and maybe they have to go to jail (pits).

Secret Stash
The Admin(s) "stash" money/goods at various parts (in a zone) of the track.

If driver stops in right place, and correctly identifies what is stashed (maybe various choices given in your help file - make people have to read it!) then they get the stash. But wrong goods, right place, gets them nothing. Right goods, right place gets you the goods, but empties the stash (maybe till all stash's are gone).

However, to make a 'guess' on goods and location, it costs them - bit like buying a lottery ticket. Maybe only small number of guesses per lap.

Of course, Admin(s) would have to add locations and stash in their own Cruise.lpr file - otherwise, these people who could read your script would win big! And you'd have to change goods/location every so often (once a week?).

That's all I could think of!

Delivery Drop against the Clock AKA Jobs im working on

Secret Stash Will add

Criminal Contraband i would add this but it deals with drugs (some people don't like servers that promote this) i was thinking of this except with alcohol
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :Criminal Contraband i would add this but it deals with drugs (some people don't like servers that promote this) i was thinking of this except with alcohol

I understand about the drugs, but I was thinking more like in America, where Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms considered contraband?
Actually not they arent. They are allowed under the Bill of Rights.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Actually not they arent. They are allowed under the Bill of Rights.

Only when the proper tax has been paid on them, maybe?

I looked up the ATF site, that probably should be called the ATFE now with the addition of explosives. Or FEAT? FATE? Not FETA, as people would think cheese was illegal.
Quote from sinanju :as people would think cheese was illegal.

lol at first i thought that said chinese
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :Criminal Contraband i would add this but it deals with drugs (some people don't like servers that promote this) i was thinking of this except with alcohol

Been reading up about Contraband.

Normally when we talk about things being contraband, we think about things that are illegal. However, any goods can be considered contraband.

In a war between 2 countries, almost anything being exported to one of these countries would be considered as contraband by the other.

In a prison, it would be anything that could help you escape, let you communicate at will to outside world or something that could harm you or others.

Lots of hospitals, etc., have contraband items including food, and over the counter medicines.

For all we know, the Vatican could consider contraceptives and Viagra as contraband if you have that type of stuff while trying to visit them!

How about;
contraband (unspecified)
contraband alcohol
contraband cigarettes
contraband fakes (watches, perfume, etc)
contraband fish (selling fish over and above the quota you were given)
contraband bootleg digital media (including region free DVD discs)
contraband bootleg electronics (including region free DVD players)
contraband foodstuff (including chinese feta cheese!)
contraband bootleg clothing (including fake LFS t-shirts!) - this could be a mandatory /ban offence if caught!

I'll stop here before I get too silly!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG