The online racing simulator
I just had a race last night, we were driving the GT class cars, FXR/FZR/XRR with intake restrictions to balance the cars. The car ahead and the car behind were never the proper cars. I have setup in my config file separate custom car types for these 3 so fuel and PB stuff wouldn't affect the unrestricted fuel and PB. I don't know if it would help any but my custom car types are set at CustomCars=FXC|FXR,23,0 XRC|XRR,24,0 FZC|FZR,20,0 and if a replay would help you it's available at: http://www.lfs-lota.net/race_f ... /WT10/GTCC-WT10R5S1-F.mpr

If it was the multiclass aspect of Aonio that was affecting this I'd like to request an option in the config file for us to disable it. With those 2 panels I'd rather have the option to have them show absolute over class since I mainly race in same class.
Quote from Cabby :CustomCars=FXC|FXR,23,0 XRC|XRR,24,0 FZC|FZR,20,0

By default these cars are already defined, they're just called FX2, XR2 and FZ2. All use restriction of 20, but it doesn't matter, since even e.g. FXR with 23 will be seen as FX2 (because it is 20 or more).

What you were missing in your config was the definition of the same class your custom cars belong to, specifically CarClasses=..., FXC+XRC+FZC. (Again, there's GT2 class defined already by default.) Then the car ahead and behind would be shown correctly.
Just did a little testing with the replay and what I was seeing was definitely from the car class stuff. I didn't know I had to set the 3 of them up together as a class. I'll have to remember this for future series but thanks for the heads up on how to resolve the small issue I had.

I had originally did new custom definitions as I know I often race in different series that use various intake restrictions so I wanted to be able to keep them separate from other possible intake restrictions I might be running in the future. Take the baby UF-R as an example, I've run in 2 different series, one running at 45% and one running at 30% so I have 2 different custom definitions.

Still think it would be nice to have an option to show either class or absolute for positioning, but now that I know better what the class stuff is for I can easily setup any number of cars as one class and get my absolute position.
Quote from morpha :I don't use AONIO myself but I wouldn't want it to do that. If you want it to start with LFS, just put
/exec <path to AONIO's executable>

in your data/script/autoexec.lfs

Just found a problem with this, using this it won't load the Aonio config file that's in the Aonio directory. Only work around I've found for this is to move the config.txt and the sta.txt files into the main LFS directory.
Aonio 1.3.5
Aonio 1.3.5 adds two of three recently requested features: 1) It optionally includes current gear in digital speed display, in configurable color. 2) Optionally it can display cars relatively in front and behind the viewed driver (usually you). That means panels of previous and following drivers show info about cars that are (visually) closest to you, not necessarily one place up and down in race positions. Red time difference display means the car relatively in front or behind is actually one or more laps ahead.
You are just great !!!

Can't wait for the next one. Good job.
Is it a typo, or do I read 1.3.4 in your post title and 1.3.5 in your sig ?
Oops, 1.3.5 is correct... Announcement post edited...

That was nice. "Update version" is ahead of you!!!!!!!!!
Yup, I was releasing new Airio and Aonio at the same time and got lost a bit in all the numbers...
May i ask something?Has anyone notice any problem with saving .mpr?I name the file but its not saved.Its still there with temp name.
I'm racing at the time in some Demo server's like "AA" and "FPRS" and there are a lot of new racers.Many times you need to watch a replay.A friend of me told to close Aonio and maybe its fixed.And actually it was so.After that i opened again Aonio and i tryied to safe mpr's for testing and everything was fine.
Does anybody know what's happend?
Quote from pliktro :May i ask something?Has anyone notice any problem with saving .mpr? ...

Hm, I'm really not sure. I use Aonio all the time and I'm checking replays very often too, and I never had any kind of troubles with this. When I need replay, I press 2 and save it named e.g. _. Then I run another LFS instance and open the replay there, so that I do not need to disconnect.
Thank you for the reply.
Some friends had the same problem with saving mpr's but not all the time.
I dont want to be missunderstood that Aonio is the problem but when i closed it then everything was fine.
I'll try it today and will post my feedback.
Ok i just tested and i found that: When i run Lfs then open Aonio and connect to a server i can't save the mpr.After closing Aonio and reopen it everything is fine.
@EQ Worry maybe i schould try first to connect to a server and then open the insim?But every time i change a server i have to do the same?
Hmmm, I'll test this when I can, which will be in a few more days. But I'm using Aonio all the time, switching between servers often, and I never experienced such kind of troubles - I do not see how replay saving and Aonio could be connected, except maybe UDP or TCP usage? Hmmm...
I'm really confused!I don't know what to say maybe the problem is not Aonio maybe something else?I gonna make more combinations of testing.But sure is if i let Aonio closed everything is fine
@EQ Worry Do you believe in the config file i have to change something?Let me know if you wanna send you my config file.
Just wanted to say that like EQ Worry I have never had any issues like this and I'm constantly saving replays with Aonio running. Maybe it's a difference in the operating system or language settings for the operating system?
Are you aware of the fact that if you place certain Ainio windows near the middle of your screen, that LFS doesn't draw new visible windows on that spot?

Shift-B to hide Ainio, I bet if you hit 2 that you will get the filename input window.

You probably put an Ainio window at that part of your screen.
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you aware of the fact that if you place certain Ainio windows near the middle of your screen, that LFS doesn't draw new visible windows on that spot?

Shift-B to hide Ainio, I bet if you hit 2 that you will get the filename input window.

You probably put an Ainio window at that part of your screen.

Hello!
When i'm hitting the 2 button i got the filename input window without to press shift+B but the temp file can not be renamed from temp to my choice of name.Every time when i connect to a server i have to close aonio and run again and then filesave works without a problem.I also tryied to connect first to a server and then open aonio but it didnt work as well.Again closing and running

Btw i'm running Win7 64x and LFS is in English language.
Do you guys think i have to install a fresh copy of LFS?Because my exe file is almost 3 years old.I've updated only all the time.What do you think?
I guess so.. I'm running W7 64 with LFS english also... But with Aonio 1.3.3

Lazy to update
Just updated

But ehr... You said that you cannot rename temp?

You won't have too, the filename input is empty when you press 2.

See screenshot... (Ainio seems to auto hide anyway)
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Yeah, don't try to rename the temp.mpr file, just type in a new name as soon as you press 2 and it should all work properly.
Maybe i was missunderstood.If you are online lfs creates a temp file by his own.When you press number 2 in lfs and put any name the only thing that lfs makes is to rename the temp file.Thats what a meant and by me its not working if i dont shut down and reopen aonio.Even we i tryied to reinit aonio (pressing "W" in aonio window)it dont works.

edit: I'll make a fresh copy of lfs and see how it works.Sorry for bother everyone here for MAYBE a simple bug in MY LFS.exe file.
configured aonio yesterday, radar map is of a big help because i use chase view. now i dont have to switch to heli cam every now and then to see where are other cars. so thanks for the tool.
I'm glad it works for you and that you like it.

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG