The online racing simulator
That explains a lot ...

I actually had a few glitches while trying out this setup ... some buttons disapearing and whatnot. but in the end the one I had in the pic worked.
Aonio 0.9.3 adds car takeover support (needs serious testing yet) and corrects special strings handling, all names should display correctly now.
Aonio moved two sub-versions up to 1.1.0, because it adds two new panels. The first is only a helper panel, showing your current Location in LFS world as X, Y, and Z coordinates. What is more important though, it displays your current node (like a very small sector) on track, which is info necessary for the 2nd new and maybe very interesting panel.

Based on Scipy's ideas this Speed panel shows minimum and maximum speed, also with maximum engine rotations. You may on each track define (see CFG file) for yourself any number of areas where min/max speed is measured. If none are defined, the track is divided by standard sectors.

Maximum engine rotations are always sector-based and if car max engine rotations are defined (see CFG file), any over-revving will be shown in red, meaning you're damaging your engine. Speed and rotations data are accompanied by node number so that you know where the measuring took place.

Default CFG file now shows all 11 available panels, but of course you're free to disable and move any of those. Happy testing/using. Further ideas are always welcome, not guaranteed to be implemented though.
hu hu!! :>
That tool looks gr8
When there is a qualification, the first sector thinks is right and if there is a second and third, then TBs (theoretical bests) in these sectors is at 0 and the best time of the second and the third sector is also 0 (TB).
Sorry my English.
Yeah, I was just running in a race with 0.9.2 (didn't know you had updated) and the TB stuff was fine for the first split but any remaining splits it wasn't remembering what you ran before so was just entering in what you currently did for the split.

Also, for some reason the fuel wasn't being shown for anything I was doing, qual or race. Don't know if it makes a difference but I use a custom view to raise the driving view some to better see the front of the car.
I was testing the sector times and indeed if in qual and first time in some car, it was showing zeroes in the first lap. I corrected that display now (though not uploaded the updated version yet).

But this was only minor display glitch, corrected on the next lap. Currently I'm not able to reactate a situation when sector times are never remembered, as far as I'm able to check, it works OK.

If you do not see fuel for yourself (you never can see fuel of other people!) then you also do not see the adjacent two fields, speed and rotations. This means OutGauge is not properly initialized. Try restarting Aonio.

If it doesn't help, quit Aonio and LFS, open cfg.txt file in your LFS folder, set all five OutGauge items in the file to 0, save run LFS, run Aonio. OutGauge should then work...
Aonio 1.2.0 updates the speed panel display - colors now disappear after several seconds and also a smaller and less obtrusive version of the panel is available, without continuous updating and without node numbers. There is a new small fuel panel available, showing your remaining fuel in percents and laps. Note that fuel info is not available for other viewed cars, only for local player. All known bugs are (hopefully) corrected.
Quote from EQ Worry :
If it doesn't help, quit Aonio and LFS, open cfg.txt file in your LFS folder, set all five OutGauge items in the file to 0, save run LFS, run Aonio. OutGauge should then work...

I'm still not working.
Contents Aonio.sta.txt to qualifications:
WE1R UFR 3 450 1261495096 4594 8660 10863 0 1261495096 4594 [COLOR=Red]4066[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]2203[/COLOR] 0 1261495096

and after qualifications:
WE1R UFR 6 902 1261495561 4594 8660 10863 0 1261495096 4594 [COLOR=Red]0[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]0[/COLOR] 0 1261495329.

Contents file cfg.txt:
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 10 (changed from 0 to 10)
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1 (changed to 0)
OutGauge Port 59999 (changed to 0)
OutGauge ID 0

OS WinXP 32.
LFS S2 Z28
Test Aonio 0.9.2-1.2.0
Quote from EQ Worry :Aonio 1.2.0 updates the speed panel display - colors now disappear after several seconds and also a smaller and less obtrusive version of the panel is available, without continuous updating and without node numbers. There is a new small fuel panel available, showing your remaining fuel in percents and laps. Note that fuel info is not available for other viewed cars, only for local player. All known bugs are (hopefully) corrected.

Wow, this sounds like a chrismas gift for me !

We plan a 60 minutes special event with pits for our team during chrismas holliday... that could not be a better timing !

I was wandering when the new AIRIO was get to be released, but all that time spent on Aonio is such a good trade off for the wait. hehehe

Have a nice holliday EQ, you GIVE us all good gifts all year long, at least we can wish you hapinnes and health for 2010. (and more AIRIO licences sold ? :nod
Quote from Morpheuzis :It's still not working. Contents Aonio.sta.txt to qualifications: ... and after qualifications: ... Test Aonio 0.9.2-1.2.0

Good report, man! Indeed it was a nasty bug in TB validity check! Get Aonio 1.2.1, it is (I believe) corrected now. For damaged TB data it will show nothing from the start, but it will be using new sector values in the following laps, making stats soon complete and correct.
Quote from Zalex :Wow, this sounds like a chrismas gift for me !

It seems to me people love simple panels, like the digital speedo and exact fuel amount... One note concerning remaining laps: The value is calculated from consumption in all previous laps, so it is always an estimate, do not rely too heavily on the number.

Quote from Zalex :I was wandering when the new AIRIO was get to be released, but all that time spent on Aonio is such a good trade off for the wait. hehehe

I hope to have updated Airio ready in a few days, not tomorrow, probably, but very soon. It doesn't contain any ground-braking things, but you'll find some new options. I have about two small display bugs to correct...

Quote from Zalex :Have a nice holliday EQ, you GIVE us all good gifts all year long, at least we can wish you hapinnes and health for 2010. (and more AIRIO licences sold ? :nod

Thanks a lot, your nice words are much appreciated!

I was hoping we would see some major LFS update as a present too, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case...
Thank you for your work. Happy holidays!
Great Job
Hi EQ Worry

Nice job on the AONIO. Very good men. I have been looking for a program that provides this info in races but the rest i´ve tried never worked properly. This one works and information looks clear and easy to read. I will test AONIO deeply the next days and will come back with some feedback for you about accuracy and realiability.

Thanks for working on this

Cheers.
Do not want to spoil the festive mood.
But found one small bug . Do not change the size of the digital speedometer AONIO 1.2.1
thanks another great application, keep it up
Quote from Morpheuzis :Do not want to spoil the festive mood.
But found one small bug . Do not change the size of the digital speedometer AONIO 1.2.1

Yes it does. Properly. Check it out. Changes color also.
You already failed with the Tracker name...

Just kidding. But fix the spelling mistake on the title please!
Quote from Danny LFS :You already failed with the Tracker name...

Just kidding. But fix the spelling mistake on the title please!

It is supposed to be "tracer".
The digital speed button size item DigitalSpeedoSize accepts only values from 3 to 20, and I think those do work. And while Airio is a tracker, Aonio is really supposed to be a tracer. What is the difference? Uhm... I suppose Aonio is just a small brother of Airio.
Figured out what was causing the fuel stuff to not be working for me properly. I still use the LFSRelax for the pitspotter and I accidentally had that set to close outgauge. Once I told it to leave outguage open then all worked properly again.

Has anyone done a complete car and track setup for the bottom of the Aonio config file yet? The max rpm and track nodes section that is.
Quote from Cabby :... I still use the LFSRelax for the pitspotter and I accidentally had that set to close outgauge. ... Has anyone done a complete car and track setup for the bottom of the Aonio config file yet?

I'm afraid clashes with Relax, especially concerning buttons, ale almost inevitable, but of course it depends on what specific features of the aplications you're using.

The apex/top speed display setup is very much a personal preference matter. I've included BL1 and BL2 numbers rather as an example. I'm afraid for most of the other tracks you'll need to configure the nodes yourself, but I think it is a matter of 5 minutes or so...
I'm acutally only using Relax for the pitspotter, all buttons and on screen info I'm using Aonio. If you're ever able to incorporate a pitspotter like Relax uses then I'll no longer have a need for Relax.

I was actually wondering if any of the other Aonio users had set up the RPMs and nodes yet just to save myself the time of trying to figure out where the node points are for all the tracks.

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG