The online racing simulator
When I try to run the EXE, it shows up this errror. Insim port set, LFS running in an online server.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Quote from cargame.nl :Hhmmm I don't get it to work.

To be sure, please download and use the latest Aonio 1.4.3, I did recently some smaller changes without raising version number. Looking left and right should work, I have reports from wheel users that they created in the profiler binds to standard LFS look keys, 7 and 8. It also works for me, driving using mouse. Note that the looking will work only in your own car, not in other cars.

PS: Ouch, I forgot to mention one unpleasant thing: Generally, this patch to allow looking left and right while using smooth in-car camera, will work only for cars that have signal lights! That means it will not work for example in FBM...

Quote from Flame CZE :When I try to run the EXE, it shows up this errror. Insim port set, LFS running in an online server.

You do not have .NET Framework installed. Aonio, just like Airio, requires .NET Framework 2.0 or newer on Windows (Mono library on Linux).
Quote from cargame.nl :Hhmmm I don't get it to work.

SmoothInCarCamera=yes
LookUsingSignals=yes
LookAngle=60

7 and 8 are also 'normal'.

Binding the keys in profiler works well, but you need to unbind the button from the normal look function in LFS (set them to some buttons on the shifter or something), that said keep in mind that like EQ said it is more a patch or say an alternative, not an equal replacement...needs some getting used to due to the small delay, radar is also an alternatives, but it take lots of training to get the looking reflex right.
EQ, any chance you could get this to work with AU1/BL3? Tried this on other tracks and it's a great program, if you could create a positions list for layouts, that would be epic!

Also, if you could list the x/y sizes of each button in the config file so that people don't have to do trial and error, and also have an option to limit the size of the positions list that'd be great.
Quote from Framaris :radar is also an alternatives, but it take lots of training to get the looking reflex right.

Well.. I'm not used to in-car driving anyway so that doesn't matter. In-car driving doesn't make me feel well, the camera shakes too much. I was wondering what this smoothing thing exactly fixes.

The radar I use a few months now and that's really great.
Everything is great so far!!!

1 question + 1 request

Question: Does AONIO works with exe running in different PC on the same network? (I've tried already but only few items where updating in the screen)

Suggestion/Request: Since I use Matrox triplehead2go and there are a lot of users that have more than 1 monitors (softTH - Eyefinity etc), Is there a way to move panels to other monitors instead on the main (center) one???

Thanx again m8
Quote from boothy :EQ, any chance you could get this to work with AU1/BL3? Tried this on other tracks and it's a great program, if you could create a positions list for layouts, that would be epic!

The layout tracks have one major disadvantage, there are no nodes (very small sectors) and no positions reported. I see only one way the positions may be reported, and that is using custom splits. That would mean the positions will be updated only on split lines. I'll try to take a look and see if there's possibly an easy way to add this functionality, sort of supplementing custom positions instead of LFS race positions...

Quote from boothy :Also, if you could list the x/y sizes of each button in the config file so that people don't have to do trial and error, and also have an option to limit the size of the positions list that'd be great.

Yes, true, I know. The problem is I'd have to go through every panel and not only changing some of the parameters in code (because some are aligned by top left corner, some by center, some by bottom corner... eh), but also updating all three supplied default configs. Well...

Quote from cargame.nl :Well.. I'm not used to in-car driving anyway so that doesn't matter. In-car driving doesn't make me feel well, the camera shakes too much. I was wondering what this smoothing thing exactly fixes. The radar I use a few months now and that's really great.

I'm afraid this smooth camera will not affect the shaking. Am I correct? However, I think there are other LFS settings to fight the problem. Try View -> Custom -> Vertical Shift, I think it has some effect.

The radar is not much realistic feature, but it certainly makes me (and I guess anyone else using it) much safer driver to race with, because I always know where there are cars around me.

Quote from beastie74 :Question: Does AONIO works with exe running in different PC on the same network? (I've tried already but only few items where updating in the screen)

Well, as long as Aonio connects using both TCP and UDP, it doesn't matter where it runs, if locally or remotely. At least I think so. There was even a special Aonio version that allowed to connect (and then receive all data) remotely, from another PC, but display all info (buttons) locally. Sort of a remote data gathering, maybe by a team-mate who was then reporting back possible troubles and suggestions. Quite cool feature, I think, I'm not sure now what problem there was that I abandoned the idea...

Quote from beastie74 :Suggestion/Request: Since I use Matrox triplehead2go and there are a lot of users that have more than 1 monitors (softTH - Eyefinity etc), Is there a way to move panels to other monitors instead on the main (center) one???

Hmmmmmmm, that's an interesting question, but I'm really not sure if that's possible. As far as I'm aware, there is no possibility to send LFS buttons to the side monitors, though it could be cool. I'm also afraid asking developers for such a feature is, uhm, kind of, uhm... pointless.
-
(SJB) DELETED by SJB
Nice add-on. Thx.
#234 - Zay
Hmm, I have downloaded Aonio and I have no experience with insim or anything like that. I have some questions:
How do you move panels?
In cfg.txt.aonio or something like that it shows me a bunch of commands like displaymiles=yes(or no) I'm wondering, where do I type those things?
Thanks,
zay
Read the _Config.txt file
Quote from Zay :where do I type those things?

Nowhere.

Set what you like, start Ainio and check the result.

In the same file are coordinates specified. Those coordinates are screen coordinates. You need to mess around a bit with it. And be smart!
Quote from Zay :Hmm, I have downloaded Aonio and I have no experience with insim or anything like that. I have some questions: How do you move panels? In cfg.txt.aonio or something like that it shows me a bunch of commands like displaymiles=yes(or no) I'm wondering, where do I type those things?

The one CFG file contains all configurable options. The yes/no items usually specify whether a panel should be shown or not, the X and Y values then set its position on screen (in a 200 x 200 points grid).

Probably the best way would be to decide which of the 15 or so panels you want to use, set yes for them and no for the others. Then you can change their X and Y values so that they are positioned where you want them.

To change position update the CFG file, save it, and in the Aonio console press W which causes Aonio restart. Check panels and positions, adjust settings as necessary, save CFG, press W again...
Hello,

i i'm using aonio and it is great. I have some little problems.

When using scripts to show or hide a panel i have some problems. Scripts only allows one "say" command per button so, i can only show/hide one panel at a time.

i can't do a script like this:
/say !field off
/say !radar off

it only hiddes the field panel

so it would be great to allow commands like "!field+radar off" or something like this.

I don't know if you understand what I mean. Sorry, my english is not very good.
Quote from oscar_nicero :i can't do a script like this:
/say !field off
/say !radar off
it only hiddes the field panel

Sorry for my delayed response. I just tried this, adding even one more /say and two /echo commands to the script and it always worked correctly. So I'm really not sure where is the problem...
Aonio 1.4.4 adds the option to play a file on every race start. More interesting (for some) is the new possibility to execute LFS/Aonio commands (such as to call prepared LFS scripts) in specific track nodes while driving a certain type of car.
just wondering.. i want to keep my cfg just want to update to 1.4.4 because 0.9.2 looks old when sat on my toolbar (or whatever) if i just copy the aonio.pdb + LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.dll + LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.pdb will it update?
^^^^^
Edit: i figured out how to do it but it changes my view and i dont like it i think i'll stick with 0.9.2 until i like then next one

but if there is a way to do the below will i have to update?

Also i was wondering if it is possible to reinit aonio from within in game? if not would there be a way of doing so

many thanks

Tur8o
Concerning updating, all you basically need to do is overwrite some of your existing files with new files from the updated archive. These files are Aonio.exe, Aonio.pdb, and in case of your major update also LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.dll and LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.pdb.

Problem is the configuration file. You may use your old config file, but some new options will be sort of hidden to you, using Aonio defaults instead of what you'd like to use.

My suggestion: 1) Rename your old config file. 2) Copy new config file from updated archive. 3) Open both files, moving items one by one from your old config file to the new one. 4) At the same time configure all new options.

There's not so many lines to move (maybe 20 or 30), it will take just a few minutes. I would certainly suggest to update, because all new features in updates are optional.

I have just uploaded a slightly modified version 1.4.4 that would reinitialize when you type !aonio re or simply !are.

If you are on a server without Airio or Lapper, making your Aonio commands visible, you can always start the command by /o, for example /o !are. It will be hidden, but still executed.
Your Amazing... thanks so much.

Just i done the transfering last night and didnt like how the radar looked and how the panel showing the drivers on track.. but i'll update..

with the radar the yellow dash (my car) is to far foreward but maybe its just because im not used to it
I'm afraid your position on radar is fixed, cannot be moved to the center again. It was an earlier requirement, and a very sensible one, because you certainly see quite good what is in front of you, while being able to quickly check the situation further behind you is an advantage. I'm not sure what changed in the panel showing places of drivers in race from 0.9 to 1.4...
Aonio 1.5.0
This new Aonio version solves some discovered bugs, but most importantly it adds one new panel, 15th, according to the version number. It is a "live" time/speed comparison panel.

Ten times per second your local car data are checked, and when you make a personal best lap, they are saved into a file (track+car.pb.txt) in pbs folder under Aonio. On subsequent laps your current time on track and speed is compared to the stored values, with lower time or higher speed shown in green, while worse time or lower speed is shown in red. The timing is exact to 0.1 seconds, speed difference is rounded to 0.5 kmph.

Alternatively, you may compare your live lap time/speed to a world record. If the comparison file (track+car.wr.txt) does not exist, you need to create it. Download the WR replay, and run it in SPR mode in LFS with Aonio connected. The WR comparison file will be created and then you may compare your live timing with that (depressing, for some) base.

If you have any questions concerning Aonio in general or this new comparison panel specifically, do not hesitate to ask here. Enjoy
EQ Worry, it seems to me that the new 'live' panel is a little buggy. I often see spots when practicing where it will show me as being faster, in say the 1st sector, by 1 second but I'm actually slower by maybe .25. I think it might be writing values to the pb files when it shouldn't be. Haven't been able to pin down an exact way to make it replicate this bug, but I think it's happening if you go on an outlap and then warp to pits part way around the track before completing the outlap.
Hmmm, hard to comment on this. Just a reminder though, that the live comparison works only with best laps done with version 1.5.0, not some previous version. Only 1.5.0 is storing time/node/speed data into special files which are then used for live comparison. The personal comparison base is then updated only when you improve your lap time by about at least 0.1 seconds, because that is the sampling resolution. So it may be showing –1.0 seconds as live comparison, but +0.25 on splits using PB comparison. That's because the PB was done with earlier version, without sampling data. And you were not yet that fast with 1.5.0.
While a good theory, I hate to say it's not right. I had it happening less than 24hr ago on a track/car combo I had never driven so my pb and live timing were all done with 1.5.0 and I was still seeing spots where I'd be heading to the first split and live timing would be showing -1.0 but the split was actually +.24 (as an example). The only thing I could think of for a reason behind this was from it trying to time outlap stuff and me pitting before the oulap was completed. Either that or if I had started the first hotlap and then warped to the garage for a setting change. I wish I would have saved a replay of that session.
Hmm, I see. You can maybe check one thing: Every time (I believe) you enter track with car a number is shown under live PB time, in gray. That is the lap time the live timing is being compared to, so maybe you can check if it is about the same as the local PB?
Will watch for that but I don't remember ever seeing a time shown there when I join track with a car.

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG