The online racing simulator
#26 - Dmt

Well, I wont use FF or Opera just cause of LFS.
include the url you tried to use, otherwise we've no clue what happened.
The join function always reset the password in the join window...
Won´t it be better, if the pw is already in, like always with the normal way?

If you have a favorite private server you cant join directly, because your password is cleared...
#29 - Dmt
Quote from Victor :IE and Chrome seem to have a mind of their own regarding launching applications from an url. FF and Opera leave the string to pass untouched while IE and Chrome do some sort of processing on them. During this process they think the 'url' is still an internet url so they apply some internet-url logic to it, like that it must end with a slash. But there cannot be a hash character before the first slash in a normal url, so then they decide to just insert a slash before the first hash. Host not found.
Also when IE encounters ' #' (space hash) it just strips the space. Again, host not found.
Chrome bogs down on certain characters in general and doesn't even run the url-associated program.
I can go on like this for a while.

sounds really odd... According to the msdn eben Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer handle such url's different. And thats why they also state "To avoid this issue, application protocol handlers and their associated URL scheme must not rely on encoding. If encoding is necessary, protocol handlers should use another type of encoding that is compatible with URL syntax, such as Base64 encoding" ^^
€: Scratch that, Base64 will be shorter for most servernames.
In the portuguese language, installer from Z25 to Z26, the bit between parenthesis appears in english.

It should read:

"(Comandos do LFS pelo navegador de internet)"

Rest is good.
Attached images
Sem título.JPG
#34 - Dmt
Still
Nice just tried it.

the join works fine, but when a server has a pass we must type it in lfs.

Using join2lfs you can store some hosts with their passwords or type the pass before lfs start.

Is there any possibility to have something similar?

Well done again
Quote from LiveForBoobs :In the portuguese language, installer from Z25 to Z26, the bit between parenthesis appears in english.

It should read:

"(Comandos do LFS pelo navegador de internet)"

Rest is good.

Additional portuguese lines are yet to be translated. Could I send them to you again perhaps? 9 lines.
Opera didn´t work here!
If i install Z26 it works just ONE TIME!
There is a entry in Opera (Watch attachment) with a %1 behind?
Attached images
opera.JPG
Installed without uninstalling Join2LFS.

lfs:// links in Firefox were still opened with Join2LFS, so I had to manually change the application to LFS.exe.

There seems to be a problem with passworded servers. Join2LFS would give you a box to enter the pass before connecting, the new way does not give you the opportunity and you just get the 'Host requires password' message when LFS tries to connect.
i get as far as accepting what files to relate to lfs, click nexxt and this error comes up.

Running vista32 and allowed the installer admin permissions, no luck though.

Try any other location and it says it cannot fine lfs.exe
Attached images
lfs error.jpg
Quote from NjHarwood :i get as far as accepting what files to relate to lfs, click nexxt and this error comes up.

Running vista32 and allowed the installer admin permissions, no luck though.

Try any other location and it says it cannot fine lfs.exe

You'll probably have LFS open still. The file LFS.exe is then locked and cannot be overwritten.
Or you've got a file ownership permission problem (hence we advice against installing LFS in Program Files).
nope, only things open is this browser (explorer8) and paint for the screenshot. Nothing else open :S

Edit, scrap that, admin permissions playing up and for some reason werent working. Nothing a good restart couldnt sort.

No problems here now
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Victor : not a constructive comment
#42 - Dmt
Anyway, not its doing nothing.
I had some latin.txt errors, but atleast it works fine.
Quote from Whiskey :This text in english is a bug?

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4015/sinttulock.png (this is wrong in several languages, don't know about the second picture)
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4437/sinttulox.png

I updated my Z25 folder, and uncheked all the checkboxes. But it removed my old desktop icon.
If I have an icon, and I don't want to overwrite it, it's pretty probably that it is modified to open an insim port or something, isn't it?

a number of translations must still be updated.
I will have a look at improving the smartness of the shortcuts removal tomorrow.
#47 - Byku
Umm, just curious question. Some people have updated dds files(high res etc), the installer probably overwrites them? Is there any possibility to have an option to not overwrite high res textures? ^^ Or simple 7zip file would be nice .
Quote from Byku :Umm, just curious question. Some people have updated dds files(high res etc), the installer probably overwrites them? Is there any possibility to have an option to not overwrite high res textures? ^^ Or simple 7zip file would be nice .

Since the updater file is less than 2 megas, don't expect it has any dds file inside
Quote from Byku :Umm, just curious question. Some people have updated dds files(high res etc), the installer probably overwrites them? Is there any possibility to have an option to not overwrite high res textures? ^^ Or simple 7zip file would be nice .

You should always keep a backup folder with (just) the files you manually replaced. You must never rely on us being so kind as to not overwrite any files
It's working fine here with XP 32 bit with FF.
This is very pratical to be able to join an LFS server with a link!
Thanks Victor, Thanks Scawen.
-
(Napalm Candy) DELETED by Napalm Candy

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG