The online racing simulator
Quote from morpha :Paired with the port that would actually work

Yes, forgot about the port number. In fact, there could be even more parameters in the url that LFS would parse and use. Or some info in the url itself like allowed cars so that you know what cars and options are used before you even attempt to connect.

Example: [url]lfs://192.168.10.1:12345-XRT-FZ5-LX6-F[/url] (for Forced cockpit view)
fresh install of z26 from installer i am also getting parameter 1 invalid for when clicking join link on lfs world

clicking the links above direct works but from join in lfs world no go

edit: links with the 20% work but old style links dont
Everything works great, as always. Now we can start testing tire physics if we don't want to have that "more bugs than we expected" christmas surprise again ;P
still problem.

if i translate.

File not found

File not found at .....
  • File can be deleted, moved, or renamed.
  • Does file name and location writed with no (ehh.. problems?) and right caps?
  • Does user have read-permission to file?
i think they are...
Quote from morpha :Paired with the port that would actually work

Or just base64'd hostname.
Everything works fine. Is it possible to make it pop a window if server has password? And can you add this auto-handbrake option?
I see there was installer update since this thread been made because now with the bulgarian version of the translation done when i redownload the updater and run it, it automaticly goes to english.

Its not problem for me but im wondering how to make it work with bulgarian.

PC is ran on up-to-date XP sp3 and Bulgarian is selected in every place possible in the "Regional and language options" at CP.
you may have already have a setup-installed LFS? If so your language choice from previous install would be rememebered. If there is no 'cookie', you will get the language selection diaglog.
Yea i have it already installed but then again it was installed with Bulgarian selected as an option.

Edit

It works ideally now. Used the uninstaller then the updater with selected language, when done and reran the updater its all fine.
Thanks.
Quote from Shadowww :Or just base64'd hostname.

As suggested by GeForz
But it should work with urlencode and hash escaped to ^h, the advantage being that it's still somewhat readable.
#87 - Etem
It shows that it can´t install these things.
I dont know why
The write-protection was shut off and LFS wasnt open.
It couldn´t install the language packes etc etc

greetz
Quote from Mikko1 :still problem.

if i translate.

File not found

File not found at .....

i think they are...

If you have Mozilla, go to Tools > Options > Applications, set "always ask" at "lfs" row, or perhaps go to "application properties" and if there's an application selected, Remove it. Then restart your browser and try again from the hostjointest.
Quote from Scawen :Added support for lfs:// start LFS with command line from web page

Thx.
I'm not sure if to report this here. I was playing in CAD DD server, we were going to change track, after changing track and starting the first race, everyone (32 people) was alone! Like everyone was in their own dimension, after 5 secs, this happened:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qiw66h.png

It was Z25 btw.
Quote from Flame CZE :If you have Mozilla, go to Tools > Options > Applications, set "always ask" at "lfs" row, or perhaps go to "application properties" and if there's an application selected, Remove it. Then restart your browser and try again from the hostjointest.

Thanks. now works
Thanks for the update.

However, I think that password support for [url]lfs://.[/url].. links is a must.
If it is not going to be present in next official path, than I hope it will still be possible to use Join2LFS-style links instead, yes?
Quote from Scawen :I don't see the problem there. It looks like you should click "launch application".

See what happens then
Attached images
chrome.jpg
Quote from BreadC :LFS_S2_ALPHA_Z

is folder name which was given when i installed Z

Yes, bit late, but you should name it LFS

That worked for me
Quote from oldnavy :See what happens then

You are trying to open the new link with Join2LFS, not with Z26. The weird thing would be if it worked fine.

Quote from Flame CZE :If you have Mozilla, go to Tools > Options > Applications, set "always ask" at "lfs" row, or perhaps go to "application properties" and if there's an application selected, Remove it. Then restart your browser and try again from the hostjointest.

Fine here with Vista Home Edition 32 bit. And since there is no estonian translation,I have to say one word - perfecto!
Stored host passwords
OK, this took most of the day, it's more complicated than you might think!

This attached exe stores the password of any host that you have entered a password for. It should work which ever way you enter the "Join specific host" screen :

- from the list of games
- by searching for a player online
- by using the /join command from a command line
- by clicking "Join specific host" (if you type the name of any other host it will retrieve that host's password)

It should work regardless of colours or of case (blackwood xfg xrg should retrieve the same password as Blackwood XFG XRG).

It removes the entry if you manually clear the password (you can check that in the debug messages).

Also if you use the /pass command on a command line (in conjunction with /join) that should overwrite any password that you have used before, and store the new one.

EDIT : Test LFS.exe removed - update available below :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1314949#post1314949
Works well, great idea too add it. And don't forget to make the new texts translatable, when the testing's done
#99 - Dmt
Quote from scawen :i don't see the problem there. It looks like you should click "launch application".

Not good thing to humiliate other people..

Look like LFS wants you to use only FF or Opera, why I have to use them, if they are using twice more memory and slower.
Stored host passwords work fine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG