The online racing simulator
Quote from Victor :
Chrome is quite bad in doing the url forwarding. It seems to not even attempt to run some hosts with certain characters and it doesn't matter if I urlencode these characters.
IE also has some problems with certain characters, like the bullet character and again it doesn't matter if i urlencode these characters.
We consider these bugs in the browsers.
FF and Opera work 100% as expected though.

Yes I try FF and work 100% with these URL also with our server with the TM symbol
#52 - Byku
Quote from Victor :You should always keep a backup folder with (just) the files you manually replaced. You must never rely on us being so kind as to not overwrite any files

Rgr ... i had a backup of them , but some other people might not be so lucky .
... and that would teach them a lesson to backup their files .
Quote from Dmt :Still

I got the same error when I click on server where is the people in this forum (link below avatar) in chrome and FireFox
Quote from Victor :Additional portuguese lines are yet to be translated. Could I send them to you again perhaps? 9 lines.

Bring it on
Everything is just fine in here (Win XP SP2). What's more I didn't notice any Polish translation issues. Thanks for the patch, devs
OK, thanks for the new patch.
Quote from Bean0 :There seems to be a problem with passworded servers. Join2LFS would give you a box to enter the pass before connecting, the new way does not give you the opportunity and you just get the 'Host requires password' message when LFS tries to connect.

That function that Join2LFS provides is not yet provided within LFS.

I understand the need for that, and not just for join links. I'm thinking we need a simple automatic password filling system that depends on whatever host name is selected (it's an old request).
Wouldn't a text file with host name and password, that would be read into LFS suffice?
when i try to install z25 to z26 i locate my lfs folder and it says no lfs install was found lol
OMG We love you for this incredible improvement.. ;P
No problems for me. Nice
Quote from BreadC :when i try to install z25 to z26 i locate my lfs folder and it says no lfs install was found lol

The game is named LFS not LFS_1?
Quote from Scawen :That function that Join2LFS provides is not yet provided within LFS.

I understand the need for that, and not just for join links. I'm thinking we need a simple automatic password filling system that depends on whatever host name is selected (it's an old request).

Yes please.
Join2LFS is very useful when you have to configure several servers (don't have to remember each admin pasword hehe)
Quote from Dmt :

Have same prob, but thats not Z26 or 25 related it havent worked with Z too, hope to be fixed some someday
Z25-Z26 report
Hi, Win XP:
installer (the Z25-Z26) works flawlessly, aswell as file associations, but connecting via URL link in Opera doesn't (check after quote). One thing I noticed is that README_Z26.txt wasn't created.
I plan to keep my last LFS version of current physics and install new full patch in different folder, so one quick question about how file associations will be handled with multiple LFS installations:
- after new patch(s) installation, will the associations (should I chose to install them) then be tied to that new LFS.exe location?

Quote from SiL-X :Opera didn´t work here!
If i install Z26 it works just ONE TIME!
There is a entry in Opera (Watch attachment) with a %1 behind?

Confirmed, I'm also using Opera (10). When Opera asks you 'Do you want to proceed?' and you tick on 'Do not show this dialog again' before clicking Yes - Opera automatically adds protocol but with the '%1' at the end. After trying to connect second time you get 'No registered application for this extension' error message. If you leave 'Do not show this dialog again' unticked before clicking Yes - then it will always work.
But if I add 'lfs' protocol in Opera manually, or edit the existing one (with the '%1') by tieing it to LFS.exe myself - then it works fine. Only then the grayed out location with '%1' remains visible and can't be deleted - an eyesore (attachment, don't mind folder name saying it's Z25 - it's patched to Z26). Would be cool if possible to fix.
Attached images
lfs protocol.jpg
Quote from manneF1 :The game is named LFS not LFS_1?

LFS_S2_ALPHA_Z

is folder name which was given when i installed Z
#67 - VoiD
Plz, lets make it possible to unpack the content of this installer.
#68 - Dmt
Quote from Dmt :South City TBO is not working.

You should include more info in such posts. For me the link works fine in Firefox...
Installer worked great here.
-
(adamshl) DELETED by adamshl
Quote from oldnavy :Have same prob, but thats not Z26 or 25 related it havent worked with Z too, hope to be fixed some someday

I don't see the problem there. It looks like you should click "launch application".

Quote from VoiD :Plz, lets make it possible to unpack the content of this installer.

It is possible if you install 7zip.
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen
#72 - VoiD
Quote from VoiD :Plz, lets make it possible to unpack the content of this installer.

Quote from Scawen :...It is possible if you install 7zip.

Ah, thx for the hint!
i decided to download installer as z25 to z26 patch wouldnt work it jus says no lfs is found. so..

looks like i gotta fresh install lfs
I appologise in advance for not reading the whole thread, but I have seen Victor and other guys having some issues with certain characters in lfs:// urls. Victor, wouldn't it be possible (and perhaps easier) if you wouldn't put the server's name in the url, but rather its IP address?
Quote from breadfan :I appologise in advance for not reading the whole thread, but I have seen Victor and other guys having some issues with certain characters in lfs:// urls. Victor, wouldn't it be possible (and perhaps easier) if you wouldn't put the server's name in the url, but rather its IP address?

Paired with the port that would actually work

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG