The online racing simulator
Scirocco: Real life VS LFS
(145 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :Do you use a different meaning of the word irony to me?

You are aware that watching or owning a Star Trek film doesn't make you a Trekkie/Trekker, just like owning a Star Wars DVD does make me (or anyone) the equivalent. Owning a film doesn't mean I go to conventions, know the scripts off by heart or pretend to be one of the characters (e.g. A Jedi).

So no, I don't see any irony at all. If I'd posted it whilst I was at a Star Wars convention, or in the middle of a 12 hour double-trilogy session whilst dressed up as Darth Vadar, then it would have been ironic.

why don't you just admit that you don't know the difference between a cracker and a hacker instead of avoiding the point? (as usual)
Quote from dadge :why don't you just admit that you don't know the difference between a cracker and a hacker instead of avoiding the point? (as usual)

Because he has need to win every rant.

Quote from dadge :why don't you just admit that you don't know the difference between a cracker and a hacker instead of avoiding the point? (as usual)

Because I don't believe there to be a difference in the grand scheme of things. To normal people they are one and the same. Much like the Mac vs MS arguments - to most people the differences are so small as to not be differences, and it's only the nerds that think there really is (in this category I consider myself a nerd, along wih Dustin and anyone else who's ever participated in such a thread).

You might think there is a difference, but I do not. Hackers crack, and crackers hack, and they all all get tarnished, rightfully so, with the same brush.

Hardly the same

SCNR
omg this thread is just discusting.

@thread-opener
nice car, waitin for your opinion between real scirocco and lfs.
Tristan,looks like you're stating that a policeman and a murdered are the same thing just because they both use a gun.
Doesn't sound quite right,huh?
not that danb1986 isn't a dumbo admitting that he uses a cracked version... BUT...

@tristancliffe: you don't want to tell me that you don't use any cracked software, do you?

and oh... about the hackers and crackers: so drifters and racers are the same, right? I mean they both drive cars in a non-everyday way.
i never cracked lfs and only considered it for a second, but decided to not rip off a amazing game

i was planning on buying soon when, well, look at the sig
Quote from Shadowww :Did you even read the article? Hackers DO NOT "break into systems they shouldn't".

BS !! The distinction between Hacker and Cracker is a modern one created by "hackers" in order to attempt to give themselves legitimacy when in fact they know full well that what they do, (by breaking in to systems), is morally reprehensible. They claim that they do it purely as an "intellectual" exersize. Yeah sure which is why 99.99999% of hackers in the world are under 20 and fit the motivation and description Tris is giving perfectly. The other 0.00001% of hackers are actually on company payrolls, are called security professionals, and it is their job to attempt to circumnavigate system security systems in order to improve it.
-
(gezmoor) DELETED by gezmoor
Ever heard about white hat , grey hat , black hat ?

Look at this and see how small is the fine line from white to black.
Quote from gezmoor :bunch of bullshit

I think you don't know how to separate real hackers from guys who call themselves a hackers.

Quote from Shadowww :I think you don't know how to separate real hackers from guys who call themselves a hackers.

That's right, everybody seems to forget that every good and responsible sysadmin, or actually admin of any kind, is a hacker. Hacking means breaking into a system that's supposed to be secure, that might seem "morally reprehensible" at first, but is necessary to ensure nobody with real, uhm, "morally reprehensible" intentions can break in.

Good intentions (secure the system) = Hacker
Bad intentions (steal information, corrupt the system, ...) = Cracker
Here, i have done some crash tests with my one year old scirocco... maybe scawen can use this for a realistic damage model ;D

(damage was caused by a flying Golf 3, it was not my fault, i get a new scirocco in february)
Attached images
DSC00206.jpg
DSC00207.jpg
DSC00213.jpg
Quote from Mojo1987 :Here, i have done some crash tests with my one year old scirocco... maybe scawen can use this for a realistic damage model ;D

(damage was caused by a flying Golf 3, it was not my fault, i get a new scirocco in february)

What the hell has happened? (btw. to english speakers: it should be "what has happened" or "what have happened"?)
Well, 18 years old guy in the oncoming traffic drove to fast and lost with about 140 km/h the control over his Golf 3 and missed a turn. His Golf overturns 3 or 4 times and get pushed back to street. While he flipped back on street, me and my car came around and get hit by the flying car.

No chance to avoid anything. Damage on Scirocco about 16.000 Euro.
Really crazy moment, flying cars at 7 o'clock at morning...
I don't get it... these are the pics BEFORE the accident, right? Looks like a regular Sciro to me.

Quote from Mojo1987 :Here, i have done some crash tests with my one year old scirocco... maybe scawen can use this for a realistic damage model ;D

Haha,you took the damage quite happily
Quote from Bandit77 :I don't get it... these are the pics BEFORE the accident, right? Looks like a regular Sciro to me.

That hurts
Quote from Mojo1987 :Well, 18 years old guy in the oncoming traffic drove to fast and lost with about 140 km/h the control over his Golf 3 and missed a turn. His Golf overturns 3 or 4 times and get pushed back to street. While he flipped back on street, me and my car came around and get hit by the flying car.

No chance to avoid anything. Damage on Scirocco about 16.000 Euro.
Really crazy moment, flying cars at 7 o'clock at morning...

One week ban for the other guy for rejoining into traffic. Glad you're ok.

thats a VW for ya

VW's are attracted to eachother. Amazing discovery!
I almost got T-bone'd by another Volvo a while back. I would have cried and gone into depression over losing such a valuable car! (sentimental)

Scirocco: Real life VS LFS
(145 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG