The online racing simulator
Yep, people who like it buy the iPad and the others a netbook.
Quote from Timo1992 :Yep, people who like it buy the iPad and the others a netbook.

Or....... if you are actually working instead of buying electronic stuff just for dicking around - buy a proper computer.
Quote from jj72 :or....... If you are actually working instead of buying electronic stuff just for dicking around - buy a proper computer.

+1

You have to follow touring cars to get it though
Quote from E.Reiljans :iPad can't do better looking graphics, and it's 10 fps in RAGE look more fluidly just because of overblurring.

Also, that's far from most powerful netbook - it has Atom, while some netbooks have Core2Duo's.

If a netbook has a Core2.. It's progressed from being a netbook (which means slow, shit, underpowered and is designed to kinda run an internet browser).. into being an UMPC.. Same premise as a netbook, but not as shitty hardware.

Regardless.. If that's 10FPS to you.. you're nuts. Mind, You'll just be eating your words when iD's inevitable RAGE demos come out for the iPhone.

Anyways, You've proven your stupidity.. lets move on, shall we?
Dustin, can you tell us, how much does Apple pays you?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If a netbook has a Core2.. It's progressed from being a netbook (which means slow, shit, underpowered and is designed to kinda run an internet browser).. into being an UMPC.. Same premise as a netbook, but not as shitty hardware.

Netbooks (sometimes also called mini notebooks or ultraportables) are a branch of subnotebooks, a rapidly evolving category of small and lightweight laptop computers suited for general computing and accessing Web-based applications; they are often marketed as "companion devices", i.e., to augment a user's other computer access

Alienware M11x is as small and lightweight as any 'shit underpowered laptop to run an internet-browser'.
Quote from E.Reiljans :
Alienware M11x is as small and lightweight as any 'shit underpowered laptop to run an internet-browser'.

It's also equally powered as the shit underpowered laptops.. 1,7Ghz Core2Duo... That's about as fast as a fat mexican in an olympic 100M sprint.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's also equally powered as the shit underpowered laptops.. 1,7Ghz Core2Duo... That's about as fast as a fat mexican in an olympic 100M sprint.

I am pretty sure a netbook with 1.7 GHz Core2Duo gets more fps in GTA IV than a MacBook Pro with a 2.66 GHz Core i7.

Will the pair of you just shut the hell up about this pathetic computer crap.

Get a life.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's also equally powered as the shit underpowered laptops.. 1,7Ghz Core2Duo... That's about as fast as a fat mexican in an olympic 100M sprint.

is that faster than the cpu in the ipad? if so, you're calling the cpu on the ipad worse than a fat mexican doing the 100m sprint. from what i've read (not sure if it's true) the cpu on the ipad is only 1Ghz. is this true?
Quote from E.Reiljans :I am pretty sure a netbook with 1.7 GHz Core2Duo gets more fps in GTA IV than a MacBook Pro with a 2.66 GHz Core i7.

Really now?

It just so happens I have a Macbook Pro.. with a 2.66 GHz i7 that I can test this on.

I'll level the playing field too.. it's a netbook thus has a 1024x600 resolution.. I'll custom resolution my MBP to be that as well.

Netbook as well.. so I can play it on low low low detail too.

Oh wow.. Core2Duo loses to i7!.. is anyone shocked?

*crickets*

Dadge: iPad isn't part of this. I'll explain it how i explained it to my friend.. iPad is more of a Console type device.. not diverse like a laptop, but has specific applications designed to make BEST use of the available hardware. Thus iPad games CAN look better (as evidenced by the RAGE demo from yesterday) than devices with much more power as shortcuts can be made specific to the hardware. Also, becuase they are different architectures and design.. you can't run a straight numbers comparison.. you need a benchmark that's been programmed and compiled on each platform.
That's a stupid comparision. Better take this one:

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Dadge: iPad isn't part of this. I'll explain it how i explained it to my friend.. iPad is more of a Console type device.. not diverse like a laptop, but has specific applications designed to make BEST use of the available hardware. Thus iPad games CAN look better (as evidenced by the RAGE demo from yesterday) than devices with much more power as shortcuts can be made specific to the hardware. Also, becuase they are different architectures and design.. you can't run a straight numbers comparison.. you need a benchmark that's been programmed and compiled on each platform.

no worries bud, i was just following the conversation and you were saying that the graphics on the ipad would be better than on a netbook. that's the reason i asked. but i get where you're coming from. so, it would be better to compare it to portable consoles like the psp?
i've always felt that if your job requires a clipboard, then the ipad is perfect for you. i can see how it would help streamline a business for instance. it works perfect for that tool on the bbc f1 team too.

Quote from GeForz :That's a stupid comparision. Better take this one:

a rock is not waterproof and doesn't have a matte screen. and also has no battery so it cannot instantly start. fail.
Quote from dadge :no worries bud, i was just following the conversation and you were saying that the graphics on the ipad would be better than on a netbook. that's the reason i asked. but i get where you're coming from. so, it would be better to compare it to portable consoles like the psp?
i've always felt that if your job requires a clipboard, then the ipad is perfect for you. i can see how it would help streamline a business for instance. it works perfect for that tool on the bbc f1 team too.

From a developer standpoint yes.. more like a PSP.

Developer.. you have 1 platform to optimize things towards.

User.. Not so much.. It's more easily explained as an appliance rather than a computer.. yes it has similar features to a computer.. but really is not one.
i hear ya. i think i'm gonna hold out for the tricorder
wtf..
I lol'd.
think mortal combat.
nnaah.. I think.
Umm, "Finish Him!", famous line from the famous game Mortal Kombat, and there you have the picture of kids singing the Finnish Hymn (Hymn = Anthem, from the country called Finland), and it sounds similiar to "Finish Him"... and it is written in Mortal Kombat letters.. jeeeez
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG