The online racing simulator
Borderlands - xbox 360, PS3, PC
(138 posts, started )
Quote from squidhead :I think it's utter cr*p if im honest

Has to do with expectations a bit since he first screens I've seen of it looked like this (about a year ago)
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xb ... nds-20070822054714189.jpg

and the first trailer looked like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iEuTuKvdU

it all summed up to a Fallout 3 clone with mad max style racing, and death race violence. BUT, what we have is a boring, and trying to be funny cartoonish shooter with a primitive leveling system (YAY RPG), and mediocre at best gameplay... I've played for about 2 hours and that's all Im going to give it. Even the guns look pathetic, sound pathetic, and there is absolutely no atmosphere to it (if im in the post nuclear future (which is neat clean, colourfull and tidy here) shooting a rifle, i'd like it to at least sound like it's dealing damage). Seriously, i'd rather play Fallout 3 with a motorcycle mod... and I will

They're both good games.

Turns out Borderlands wasn't in stock for me. went and got Killzone2 :P
looks pure shite.... all the videos prove it.
Except it's not. Videos can't show how it is to actually play as most people that have played it (except for morons) have enjoyed it.
i bought it today and i personally feel its one of the best games of the year, very good gameplay, runs really smooth on pc with max settings and it works fine with both 360 controller and mouse and keyboard, very addictive game aswell ive found.
#31 - VoiD
For me it´s time to get addicted again...
Last time I felt this when I was playing FarCry.. 20 years ago ?!

Played 10 hours today without a single break or glitch... (missed F1 today)

Gfx/sounds/music are awesome, and those oppenents/characters/weapons/gorelevel are realy sick... I don´t need more, thx alot Gearbox
i think the cartoon like graphics are awesome and i was a bit sceptical over them to start with but they just make the game even better
Quote from VoiD :For me it´s time to get addicted again...
Last time I felt this when I was playing FarCry.. 20 years ago ?!

Played 10 hours today without a single break or glitch... (missed F1 today)

Gfx/sounds/music are awesome, and those oppenents/characters/weapons/gorelevel are realy sick... I don´t need more, thx alot Gearbox

What?! Farcry... 20 years ago? 1989?

I thought FarCry was released in 2004....
#34 - VoiD
It was a very personal feeling...!
Ahhhhhh...
Quote from VoiD :For me it´s time to get addicted again...

Jep dito, Hunter at Level 28 right now. It plays like a FPS mutation of Privateer 2 - The Darkening which is/was my personal holy grail of gaming. Big thumbs up Gearbox
I've been interested in this one for a little while, but I'm still not sure I'm interested enough to add it to the list along with things like Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake. I hated Oblivion and didn't really enjoy Fallout 3 much more so I'm a bit sceptical about whether this game is for me or not.

That said, maybe hooking up with some friends to play co-op might make it feel a little less directionless.
Quote from Dajmin :i'm still not sure I'm interested enough.

In Borderlands, Roman Bellic from GTA 4 narrates over the opening topic, works as a bus driver, sells ammo and takes you on a tour to see big American titties.... (well all true apart from the titties and tour)
That fact alone made one of my friend chose not to play
Yes, I saw the latest Unskippable episode too
I am actually quite interested in this, although it does look a bit of a grind-fest.

Trouble is, I can't see anything getting a look in for a while, considering FM3 has been in the xbox tray for the last 2 weeks solid......
So it's scratched beyond all hell by now, right?

Quote from dawesdust_12 :So it's scratched beyond all hell by now, right?

Sorry, can't hear you from the sound of my race-tuned M3.

Herd u liek vaporware?
I'm quite content with my sounds of guns. keeps me sane.
Does this game have a single player mode? or only co-op?
I'm looking for a Modern Warfare 2 alternative, but i prefer single player/offline shooters
You can play it perfectly fine in single player... the story is kinda weak and most of the true fun is found playing it with either friends or random people online. Your mileage with it may vary.
ok cool, thanks
Best game I've played in a long time imo

It's great fun. I love the randomness of it

I looted a lvl 22 static smg, sold it, then bought it back after seeing no good weapons, only to find a great gun five minutes later

I'm a level 18 hunter currently, waiting for a Hyperion flame sniper....I'm making do with Bone Head's SMG and the sniper from the quest, plus a rare fire revolver.

Random items ftw!

I hate the Alpha Skags, I've been killed more by them than by anything else. Bruisers rank next (Thanks Bone Head) then the worm things...

It's like FF with guns and Badass
#48 - senn
took me about 37 hours but my soldier is up to lvl50. About 2/3 the way thru my second playthru but i had to go back to work. Also have an alternate siren at lvl 14. Good times
I'm level 20

Hm, if I take my char online It'd affect SP too ya?
#50 - senn
Changes in SP effect MP, and vice versa. Sometimes when u just want to chase XP it's easier to grab a couple mates at about the same level and charge thru it :P

Also playing with other people online yields better weapons/cash rewards etc.

Borderlands - xbox 360, PS3, PC
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG