The online racing simulator
Borderlands - xbox 360, PS3, PC
(138 posts, started )
I almost feel lucky to have nearly no income for that reason alone. I haffto pick my games wisely.
I give myself an allowance each month, seeing as I don't drink, don't smoke, don't take drugs etc etc.

Gaming is my only "vice", and the way stuff gets discounted these days, it makes it tough to say no, I rarely buy at release, I wait till they get reduced to around £20, which normally only takes a matter of weeks.
Quote from RocksGt :Yup, I know, But for me is boring to clear a room just by pressing a button

I prefer to enter with my elemental revolver and burn some heads

By the way... what do you think is better for a hunter? I really like revolvers over guns, but with these ones you can get several crits, and maybe more DPS than with the slow revolver

I don't like SMG's at all, but maybe I could give them a chance...

I go for revolvers and sniper rifles, Mordecai levels the quickest using them

EDIT: Repeaters are good too, SMGs not so much, if you can find a decent assault rifle go for it
All the comments make it really tempting... Must finish Dragon Age first!
Is that any good?
Very good!
If I could have found DA for £20, I'd have been all over it
I found two new launchers today, one fires a burst of 5 rockets one after the other and it's hard to hit a specific target with it, the other causes thermal damage and looks like someone dropped a small nuke onto the enemies face. They do less damage than my sniper rifles but they look really cool.
o_O

I want :P

I found a sniper rifle that fires 5 shots at once
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I go for revolvers and sniper rifles, Mordecai levels the quickest using them

EDIT: Repeaters are good too, SMGs not so much, if you can find a decent assault rifle go for it

I quite like a good SMG. I had an excellent one (for the level I was at the time) that had an extended clip (58 rounds IIRC), mid 90% accuracy, quick fire rate (8-9 something?) and a 3.9x zoom. Was fantastic for mid-range fun. Had to get rid of it once I got around level 16 or so as it was no longer powerful enough for the level I was at, but it was amazing when I got it. My favorite combo is a good sniper, a good precise scoped SMG and a good shotgun.

Right now I've got a great sniper (x3 explosive elemental) a great shotgun and an OK SMG (x3 explosive elemental as well).

I really like the explosive elemental weapons. Great fun.

I use my Bloodwing a lot for tougher enemies, too. With the shock artifact it took off Sledge's shield in one go, which was handy.
I love my Double SMG. Even at level 35~ it's still effective, and does 100 base damage, high accuracy and high fire rate with an awesome zoom (and practically instant reload). Haven't yet found a gun that I prefer more, even with higher stats. Actually helped me defeat the end boss as well (with a purple clip upgrade).
Bah

SMGs are for people who want moar dakka
#88 - VoiD
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Bah

SMGs (or shotguns) are for people who can´t aim correctly

I prefer a Dirty Harry-lookalike-(scoped) revolver, a good combat-rifle and a 4x shock-sniper!
+ some fooonky grenade-mods like contact or MIRV... :goodvibes ...there´s no need to waste ammo
revolver with ammo regen, longbow nades
Hmm, you guys sure make this seem interesting Does it have a decent single player, or is it mainly multiplayer based? And has anyone here bought it for the PC? I'm not even gonna try to play a shooter on a console
It is in fact mainly singleplayer. But playing it in LAN with my brother in sort of co-op, was brilliant!
I think I recently deleted my PC version, I have it on PS3. People think the Single Player is weak, but TBH, I find it to be very fun and the story does make sense. The Online Co-Op is where most of the game is at, but it's really just playing through the single player of the host's game, just with a fw other people (and the ability to complete unfinished quests of yours.)
I understand its a "drop in drop out" co-op? how does it work?, is it a seemless transition?, or do you have to end single player mode, and choose co-op from a menu?
You haffto end and save your single player, then go to Multiplayer, join someone elses hosted game, and then you join "their world" with your stats and weapons, and any quests you complete with the host that happens to be one you need to complete, it marks it as done, and once you disconnect by exiting, it saves your progress.

It's pretty awesome IMO.
With you, shame its not a totally seemless transition, but sounds good none the less.

My copy should turn up today.
Hmm, I think I'll add this one (PC version) to my wishlist then. Haven't bought a PC game in... can't even remember, it's been so long. Hopefully it will run okay on my rig.
Seamless would be difficult in this sort of game. Mostly because there is differences between a first playthrough and second playthrough... Especially as the MP list only displays games that are around the mission you're on in the story, to prevent you from getting put in a game that's too far ahead. Although there's always that option as a level 30 or 40 to join a level 1's game and give him a terribly awesome boost.
and Double Post...

Borderlands runs well on my Macbook Pro (2.4 GHz, 8600 GT 256 MB, 4 GB RAM). There's a varying detail, but on medium to high, it keeps 30 FPS typically at 1280x720.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Seamless would be difficult in this sort of game. Mostly because there is differences between a first playthrough and second playthrough... Especially as the MP list only displays games that are around the mission you're on in the story, to prevent you from getting put in a game that's too far ahead. Although there's always that option as a level 30 or 40 to join a level 1's game and give him a terribly awesome boost.

Fair point, does sound interesting.
It does a fairly good job of giving you a list of games that you'd want to join. I haven't played online very much (because I'm a loner and just try to grind for trophies!). I am missing about 10 of them (DLC included). 2 of them are just by playing (Lvl 40 and 50), 3 for killing some enemys with the special skill of every character, 1 for winning an arena match, 1 for finishing all quests in New Haven, and the 5 from the DLC (although they're un-needed for the lovely platinum trophy).

Borderlands - xbox 360, PS3, PC
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG