The online racing simulator
Quote from Victor : The team could be punished as well of course, but in the end he would have been the one who did it.
So it would be pretty stupid of him to speak about it. Maybe he'll hurt Renault, but he'll also throw away his own racing career.

That's why it was probably him who provided the FIA with new evidence, in exchange for escaping any punishment. If I were Nelson I wouldn't trust Flavio, what would stop him thinking the same thing you have and leaking the evidence to get back at Nelson for his comments in the media.
#27 - 5haz
Quote from JackDaMaster :Obviously you didn't watch the GP today then :P

I haven't yet.

Yeah the established order was rather shaken up, but was there any more overtaking than normal? (T1 dosen't count).
Quote from 5haz :I haven't yet.

Yeah the established order was rather shaken up, but was there any more overtaking than normal? (T1 dosen't count).

Lots more than normal =)

(or infinity times more than normal according to J@tko)
And I thought I was paranoid there was some funny business going on with tyres at the moment
#30 - 5haz
Tyres are funny business by their nature.
I think this is Nelson trying to start drama. It's strangely timed how he gives the info jUst after being fired. If there was proof, it'd have been dealt with at the time, but if Nelson was sitting on it and waiting for the right moment
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I think this is Nelson trying to start drama. It's strangely timed how he gives the info jUst after being fired. If there was proof, it'd have been dealt with at the time, but if Nelson was sitting on it and waiting for the right moment

No, he was still driving for the team, of course he wouldn't say it before.

I think its highly possible.

Yes he carried out the deed but its hes employers who are telling him to do so, If this is true Flavio should be in deep shit for this.
Political, money-fueled fight between Piquet Sr. and Flavio.
I really hope this wasn't Jr's idea.
Although his Twitter posts make it look like hes pretty excited about what's gonna happen.

If its true, I'm happy that we know the truth now. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more shit like this going on behind the scenes in F1.
This is gonna give Alonso a bad name too, while he probably had nothing to do with it (I hope).

I don't understand how they could have given him the orders to crash and cause a SC, in the middle of a race.
Isn't all communication between car and pitwall recorded?
Quote from Fastwalker :Political, money-fueled fight between Piquet Sr. and Flavio.
I really hope this wasn't Jr's idea.
Although his Twitter make it look like hes pretty excited about what's gonna happen.

I don't understand how they could have given him the orders to crash and cause a SC, in the middle of a race.
Isn't all communication between car and pitwall recorded?

easy, tell him before the race to crash when you hear a code word.
#35 - JCTK
Quote from Victor :I dunno, I don't think Piquet was the one to tell. Or if he did, it was incredibly stupid. Not just because of the risk of becoming a cry baby, but HE was the one who caused the accident (if it's true). HE did the deed. He may have been instructed, but he executed the order. He would have caused an avoidable accident and that imo is the only thing in play here. The team could be punished as well of course, but in the end he would have been the one who did it.
So it would be pretty stupid of him to speak about it. Maybe he'll hurt Renault, but he'll also throw away his own racing career.

Renault have kicked him out, but Flavio still has the contract of being his manager. So his racing career is pretty much over too anyway, so it wouldn't really matter...
Perhaps the reason they think this will be such a big story is because for Renault to have actually ordered him to crash over the radio, they would have needed code words and phrases already in place incase they wanted to cheat. That's assuming they bothered to hide it, and the FIA has already checked all radio communications.

If it is indeed Nelson that has leaked this evidence, then it would make sense that it happened now. His career is on the line, and he would want to back up his claims of being treated unfairly. It would certainly change peoples opinion of him if it turns out he was told to crash on purpose, and deliberately held back and prevented from challenging Alonso. It would explain why the team never seemed that happy when he actually did beat Alonso too. If he had evidence to even suggest anything remotely like that was going on then he would use it if he felt he needed to, after all has he been linked with many of the available seats in F1 next season?

Personally I hope something comes out of this that gets rid of Flavio, he has always been a slimey idiot, the stupid tosser bought QPR for crying out loud.
Apparently the FIA are looking at pit to driver communications during the race for any sign of coded exchanges, and are concentrating on this in particular:
Race Engineer: Nelson how are your tyres
Piquet: Slight graining on fronts, but ok. Car feels very good. I can push for position.
Briatore: The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain
Piquet: Oh shit I've lost it.
Briatore: Never mind is bad luck.
#39 - JJ72
Quote from 5haz :F1 is becoming like something you would expect to see on the front cover of OK magazine.

Spotting a Brazilian Male Stripper lookalike who wears his cap backwards.
Quote from dhinchin :Apparently the FIA are looking at pit to driver communications during the race for any sign of coded exchanges, and are concentrating on this in particular:
Piquet: Slight graining on fronts, but ok. Car feels very good. I can push for position.
Briatore: The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain
Briatore: Never mind is bad luck.

link?

if this is true, then busted.
Another source has quoted this as the true convo:

Briatore: She sells seashells
Piquet: By the seashore?
Briatore: The shells she sells are surely seashells.
Briatore: Never mind is bad luck

Cant see anything suspicious in that tbh.
ROFL, my stomach hurts
LMAO
I think its the secret code for Piquet.
Quote from Mustafur :No, he was still driving for the team, of course he wouldn't say it before.

I think its highly possible.

Yes he carried out the deed but its hes employers who are telling him to do so, If this is true Flavio should be in deep shit for this.

Alonso was driving for McLaren and still took part in Ferrarigate.

Agreed that Flavio should be punished, but it's as much the team's responsibility as his
Honestly, the whole story doesn't suprise me much as the incident looked very very weird...

1) This place was one of the best on the track to create a Seafty car situation : very narrow portion, not so much marshalls posts. Calling a Seafty Car was probably the only way to put a stopped car in the other side of the fence.

2) Piquet went off in a very strange fashion, spinning after having put too much throttle too soon, ending in the interior wall : the sort of incident we only see in the back of the field in feeder series. The fact is that simulating a crash going too wide and hitting the inside wall would have looked much more "realistic", but would have been too much dangerous, as this would have meant to take the risk to be collected by someone coming from behind.

3) Alonso was the shorter than everyone else on fuel at the start, on a 3 stops strategy. This sort of bet can work if you enter in Q3, but is very rare in the 2nd part of the grid, where almost everyone choose to have a long 1st stint with a 2 stop strategy, or to be on a 1 stop strategy.

Last thing, if the FIA succeed to proove that Renault really cheated, I would really be surprised if they give the victory to Rosberg : I can't really see someone deem as winner of an event only 1 year later it actually took place... This would be the best way to give more to say on the scandal to the medias, and even if Ecclestone likes when the medias talk about F1 whatever the reason, I would be surprised if his dear friend decide to put more oil on the fire, a few months before he leave the FIA...
This is just out! Newly discovered radio communication between Hamilton and Mclaren! Hard evidence supporting the claim that Lewis Hamilton was ordered by Mclaren, to take out Raikkonen during the 2008 canadian GP!

This could very well be the loaded gun!
:bounce8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 5FAq0&feature=related
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :
Ferrarig... well your proving yourself to be impartial.

I never said I was impartial. Or biased. I'm forming my own opinions thanks

Also, Flavio may still be his manager but I'm wagering there's bad blood between them.
Quote from carey :Don't forget that Fernando had that problem (with fuel pressure if I remember correctly) during qualifying.

What (I think) he meant was that when you don't reach Q3 taking a gamble on a 3 stopper seems like a bad gamble.

Alonso qualified in 15th due to his problem (I think it was fuel pressure but I can't quite remember) and they decided to go for a very short first stint and 3 stop strategy. Not the kind of strategy you expect from low down on the grid, it makes much more sense to go long and try to get extra laps in after others have pitted. As it happened it did work but only because Piquet put it into the wall and essentially made Alonso's early pitstop a 'free' pitstop.

I guess what I'm saying is that Alonso's qualifying problem is not relevant to the discussion, in my opinion, it is merely the reason he qualified badly.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey

Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG