The online racing simulator
Formula 1 to be shocked?
Apparently there's something big going on backstage in F1...
There are rumors of an investigation about last years Singapore Grand Prix...

there is a suspicion that Flavio Briatore ordered Nelsinho Piquet to crash so that Alonso could benefit from the subsequent safety car...

I heard that today during the Brazilian F1 official broadcast, and they have been know for saying a fair amount of bs, but there is some other evidence:

- Antonio Pizzonia (Brazilian, former f1 pilot and a friend of Nelsinho's) said on twitter that Piquet Jr. told him that "a bomb was about to explode in F1 this sunday or monday" and after they said something about it on tv, he twitted again saying: "stand by, this is only the beginning"...

- It is also being said that Piquet Sr. was going to every race this year "not because he wanted to be there every race, but because he had to because of some weird things going on..." (not his words and probably not exactly what they said on tv this morning... but it's pretty close)

We'll see what happens, I guess...

ps: apparently FIA confirmed there's an investigation about last year...
Oh lolz.
#3 - amp88
Hehe. It was definitely speculated about last year but I reckon it was more jokey and not a serious thing. Still, I wouldn't put it past either Briatore or Alonso given their past. This could be interesting.
wat? i lol'd
wat's wat, wat?

Ontopic: guess we'll know for sure tomorrow
This should be interesting, I wouldn't put it past Flavio to do something that stupid, and it goes to show that you shouldn't piss off people that know your secrets.
#7 - amp88
im sure if there was any hard evidence in the radio logs this would have come up much much earlier
#9 - wild
It's not really surprising that they're investigating it, the fact they've taken so long to get around to doing it is. Although I suppose with this 'Fresh evidence' they'll have a stronger case.

:shrug Anyone got any idea if this sort of thing has happened before?
LOLWUT

¯\(°_o)/¯
Breaking news: Details of the new evidence have been revealed. It was actually a phone call to the FIA from what sounded like a crying young boy calling himself "Nelsinho". He said Flavio gave all his toys to Fernando then sacked him from the team so he wanted to get back at him. Bridges were heard burning in the background.
I don't blame Piquet for telling the FIA about the foul play Flavio did in that race cause if other teams get fined for this kind of thing like Mclaren got from what happened in Australia so why does Renault have to get away with it.
#14 - 5haz
F1 is becoming like something you would expect to see on the front cover of OK magazine.
Quote from rc10racer :I don't blame Piquet for telling the FIA about the foul play Flavio did in that race cause if other teams get fined for this kind of thing like Mclaren got from what happened in Australia so why does Renault have to get away with it.

+1, I couldn't agree more. Flavio has always been a slimy character and we saw what Alonso was like during the Spygate affair. What I'm interested in is what will happen if they did actually conspire to cheat like this. Will they get retrospectively excluded from Singapore (or from more races last year) or points penalty for this year's championship or fine or what?
#16 - 5haz
The size of the penalty given will depend on how much coverage the media decide to give the story, as with the governments of our nations, the FIA is the media's bitch. It only acts when it gets pressured into doing some do gooding (or when it has been bribed with large sums of money), hence why the FIA is ridiculously inconsistent.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Oh for heavens sake.... What the hell...? A bomb?

And also, the FIA should rather concentrate on this season than keep going back to the previous ones...
Ferrari earned a lot of money for FIA. Remember? Imagine how much more tickets had been sold when this 'Schumi returns' news was in the air. It was a massive marketing boost for F1. FIA made a LOT of money from it. Why would they penaltise those who held them a bit? Sounds kinda weird, yeah, but there's nothing we can do.

And that's not my fanboyism towards Ferrari, rather true facts.
I dunno, I don't think Piquet was the one to tell. Or if he did, it was incredibly stupid. Not just because of the risk of becoming a cry baby, but HE was the one who caused the accident (if it's true). HE did the deed. He may have been instructed, but he executed the order. He would have caused an avoidable accident and that imo is the only thing in play here. The team could be punished as well of course, but in the end he would have been the one who did it.
So it would be pretty stupid of him to speak about it. Maybe he'll hurt Renault, but he'll also throw away his own racing career.
Quote from Victor :I dunno, I don't think Piquet was the one to tell. Or if he did, it was incredibly stupid. Not just because of the risk of becoming a cry baby, but HE was the one who caused the accident (if it's true). HE did the deed. He may have been instructed, but he executed the order. He would have caused an avoidable accident and that imo is the only thing in play here. The team could be punished as well of course, but in the end he would have been the one who did it.
So it would be pretty stupid of him to speak about it. Maybe he'll hurt Renault, but he'll also throw away his own racing career.

Thats very, very true. No team will want a "cry" baby or a "snitch"
#21 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :Oh for heavens sake.... What the hell...? A bomb?

Figuratively speaking, although we've had enough 'bombs' in F1 the past few years, I'd love to see some on track action.
Quote from 5haz :Figuratively speaking, although we've had enough 'bombs' in F1 the past few years, I'd love to see some on track action.

Obviously you didn't watch the GP today then :P
I went on the internet today and i found THIS...

Lost control? Doesn't seem so. Crash practice? Most likely. Flavio, you could be very, very deep in the sh*t now.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
i'd rather end my racing career then and there than obey a "crash pl0x k thnx!" order.

but that's just me

what goes on in the mind of someone who does that... i don't know and i'd rather not know.

Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG