The online racing simulator
Is Caster Semenya man?
(106 posts, started )
Is Caster Semenya man?
Don't know if anyone has been following the World Athletic Championships in Berlin, but there has been a bit of controversy regarding the 18year old runner Caster Semenya in the 800m, who not only destroyed the rest of the field by 15 meters, she also ran it in the fastest time this season by over 1 second. Now with all the nasty rumours going around, she/he has to go for a gender test on request of the IAAF which could take 2/3 weeks to come back with conclusive evidence one way or the other

STORY LINK

id tap it.
"Now with all the nasty rumours going around, she/he has to go for a gender test on request of the IAAF which could take 2/3 weeks to come back with conclusive evidence one way or the other"

Step one: Find said athlete
Step two: Pull his pants down
Step three: See genitals
Step four: ???
Step five: Profit!

Athletes - They go so far for a medal

#5 - 5haz
If he/she is a women, she is one seriously butch women, I know women athletes are pretty butch, but thats ridiculous.
Well, she looks like a man, sounds like a man, moves like a man but may not necessarily, genetically, be a man. She just might be a genuine XX, which then will raise the question of when exactly did all that testosterone do its job?
Quote from hrtburnout :Step one: Find said athlete
Step two: Pull his pants down
Step three: See genitals

That's what I thought at first too, but then I realised they actually have to do a chromosome test, because (s)he could've had a gender reassignment surgery.
The fact she has facial hair isn't helping much either.
I see no boobs, so they all are guys, which makes it fair that semeaneya is a guy.
Either a post op She-male, or a pre-op [insert correct term here]..either way, I just cannot believe that he/she/it (delete as appropriate) is 100% female.

Easy detection..follow it into a loo, and see if it stands or squats to pee

On the other hand...If it DOES pass the gender test, they want to run a dope test on it as well...because there is NO WAY a relative newcomer could blitz such a strong field...sh!t...even Usain Bolt didnt win by THAT much!
It'd really hurt running with things 'tucked back'.
Quote from AndroidXP :(s)he could've had a gender reassignment surgery.

I'm not familiar with the regulations, but is that possibility even thought of in the rules? It might well be a loophole South Africa is using here...
Must have had a difficult time in school with those looks and the name..
Quote from bbman :I'm not familiar with the regulations, but is that possibility even thought of in the rules? It might well be a loophole South Africa is using here...

No, it's against the rules.

An East German....shot putter (i think she was) was banned from competition for this very reason.

The fact she was East German shows how long ago that was. Which inturn shows how long questions like this have been raised. I think (i stress the word "think") that as far back as the 70's they've had gender tests in the Olympics.

As far as this wo-man goes, i gotta say she/he certainly does look like a bloke in his mid 20's, and definitely not like a teenage girl... i mean, where's her mobile phone ?

Edit @ BBO, yeah, i saw that race last night and was thinking the exact same thing. Makes you think what would be more embarrassing, being revealed as a drugs cheat, or having a secret willy ?
Quote from bbman :I'm not familiar with the regulations, but is that possibility even thought of in the rules? It might well be a loophole South Africa is using here...

It is in the rules, she would have to run with the men if that was the case. Although if she is a dude posing as a chick then she'd just get a life time ban (like the German from the 1938 Berlin dodars).
What if they were a hermaphrodite? Could they run in either competition?
#20 - VoiD
Quote from Dajmin :What if they were a hermaphrodite? Could they run in either competition?

You'd probably have to ask the IAAF that, although I do recall something on the BBC about that a few weeks back.

Also, as I think about it, a big give away is the shorts. Women these days run in short shorts for "speed" or whatever, yet this chap has chosen full leg jobbies. Which is just so his giggle berries don't fall out by mistake.
he looks like a man to me
Irrespective of what the results of the test will be, the IAAF didn't exactly handle this situation well. For drugs issues they don't name someone until the B sample comes back positive.
I propose we get a new "Is xxx a man/woman? (delete as appropriate)" subforum
#25 - 5haz
Its probrably a androgenous robot, a terminator perhaps? I wonder who its been sent to terminate?

Is Caster Semenya man?
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG