The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Quote from deggis :But if you want to use default cars in the tournament you can at the same time I can use modded cars if I want. So where is the problem? Especially when the modded cars are not that much faster, only if you are a very fast driver then it matters few secs depeding on the stage.

Because I like to keep things simple and working out-of-the-box. I won't come DOS attacking your modded RBR tournament if you choose to organize one. At the moment it looks like there's interest for mod-free rallies.

Though once again... I only need one static driver view and 5 min editing of the .ini file is perfect for me. I don't like having anything else running in the background than absolutely necessary processes.

But thanks for the wheel-rotation info!
Lotsa snow!
Finland is up next! Starts tonight at 1800 CET - open for 7 days. Rules are the same.

LINKY
Password: makkara

Details found at my sig site naturally.
Quote from spankmeyer :Because I like to keep things simple and working out-of-the-box.

But because you can allow default cars and modded cars at the same time, it will work out of the box for those who don't want to install mods. Simple? It's not your problem if someone wants to be 0.0002 secs faster by installing addon car x and then screws up something on his RBR because he couldn't read readme.txt.

Quote :I won't come DOS attacking your modded RBR tournament if you choose to organize one.

That would be pointless...

Quote :Though once again... I only need one static driver view and 5 min editing of the .ini file is perfect for me. I don't like having anything else running in the background than absolutely necessary processes.

I said that for those who don't like the default cockpit view and possibly can't even use it. Camera Hack is easier if someone doesn't want to do "edit .ini file, start RBR and see how it looks in the game, quit it and edit some more" process for every car separately.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#479 - Don
please turn on the splits - by looking at them you know if your pace is good or not. IRL they also get split times in car. And people who get distracted by them can turn them off in their RBR options (iirc)
The plugin unfortunately overrides the RBR's split settings. But I'm turning them back on in the rally settings, sorry for the false alarm!
password for GB, please?
now that was fast, thanks
Argh! Japan went suprisingly good for ... until ~1.2km before the end in Tanner II: First I take the wrnog turn because all bad placed pacenote, after which I had to reverse quite a bit - and then going a bit sideways over a bump I rolled my car. Believing I didn't damage it too bad, I went on just a little bit slower ... the first two left turns, nothing bad happend, but then came the right turn, and the decided not to go away in the last moment
Yay, finland! I like those stages.
The finnish rally always reminds me of a pacenote Grönholm's copilot often says "Kira Kira" (spelling most propably very wrong!) - though I have no clue what it means, the sound always makes me grin.

Vain
Finland is definitely the most forgiving rally. The snow border is so soft it's ridiculous. Going off track has almost no bad effects at all, and there are only a few hidden stones in there. It gets very weird when it's snowing, though. The visibility really sucks then

So, lets see how many stages I can do on this one, before RBR crashes again.
If it is really that bad you can do a stage, quit RBR and then resume the tournament. That should work and reduce the propability of failure.

Vain
Vain!!!! I was typing the same bloody thing but hit F5 before submitting reply!

Oh and it's "Kirraa! Kirraa" (tightens!)
GB was a disaster, just as expected
#490 - Don
i should do something with myself..i ALWAYS crash in the 2nd stage of the rally. This time it was just roll over roof at minimum speed, but i must have hit a stone or something, because i lost brakes ...so driving without brakes didnt go too well and i ended in a tree.

im worse than solberg in his beginning
Hahahah. Now it immediately crashed after the first stage. Didn't even have the chance to exit gracefully. I think I've got the wrong setup anyway, that one was bottoming out all the time.
Admit it, RBR is to clever for you. It saw your plan and crashed right away.
You propably have to get involved with more cunning tactics. Create a second tournament-account and disguise yourself.

Vain
Just finished it. First out of... one. Wow, what an achievement!
The second stage had really few grip for some reason. Didn't believe it in the first turn and kept on, hit a tree sideways in the second turn, believed it from there on and drove the rally safely. The tree didn't do any damage to the wheels or something. It just opened the door for better cooling as I felt a bit hot at the time.
No especially good stages. On stage four the track surface was called "dry" but it was snowing due to random weather. That was very irritating.
For some reason the dampers were easily damaged this rally. Never had damper-damage in any rally before until this one. And now up to 25% on one single damper in one rally. I got damaged dampers on nearly every stage. Strange.

Vain
Iam having problems with the online tournament mod. Everything is fine, but I have to run the game in window mode. If i don't do so then for some reason i can't see the servers ( it writes that i've been timed out -.- ) .
Any advice on how to fix this problem is welcome!
Thx in advance !
Never been able to play RBR because of my graphics card but finally after reading all these posts I nicked my brothers one, or as he thinks I'm `fixing` his computer.

What an awesome game, can't keep it out of the trees through . Even running the same stage over and over again I constantly kept forgeting about the little dips in the road with lakes running through them.

This just requires so much concentration, it's not like normal circuit racing where you can sort of look away or think of other things because you know exactly whats coming up.

Keiran
I can't do a clean run to save my life.
same here, but thats part of the fun for me
I didn't know any of the stages, I completely sucked all the way to the end of the rally but it was still a fun run.
Well a clean run with max speed is very hard... When I'm alone at home I can do a pretty fast and clean stage. My back only slips out of the track once or twice.
In RBR, it's not about the speed. It's about staying on the ground. If you can do it while riding fast, then you're a really good rally driver.
i rolled the car on the second turn first stage in finland then i hit a rock which disabled the car so i hit alt+f4 and my finnish experience is over

Bring on the gravel

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG