The online racing simulator
ye 944 have lot of problems,and dont even buy a n/a. still a cool car tho
Quote from e2mustang :ye 944 have lot of problems,and dont even buy a n/a. still a cool car tho

One thing on the RHD model the handbrake is between the driver and the door, which annoying as you pull it up to park and then you have to climb over it to get out :P
Quote from BlueFlame :Driven a 944 S2 have to say the driving position is strange yet somewhat still comfortable. Though automatics seems to have quite alot of trouble, as do the manuals and definately on Porsche standards, they are very low, performance is sluggy 944 definately NEEDS a turbo to be anything close to performable.

Basically i went off topic there, but since i'm a huge 944 fanboy, i gotta answer to this...

You're the first person i've met that has something to complain about the driving position in a 944. I personally had a 944 turbo (250hp version, chipped to roughly 300hp (and 400NM!!)), so i can only comment on that, however, i've driven an S2 aswell sometime any they are exactly the same (except for the engine, obviously (and some other small details like suspension bits, etc)).

Porsche designed the car to make it good for driving. In a way like... don't let things get in the way. There's nothing fancy or unneeded in a 944 cockpit... just the essential stuff in front of you... i really don't understand where you're coming from, until i've driven an S2000, i thought the 944 had the best driving oriented cockpit a car could possibly have.

As an example: You can't turn up the dash light very bright in a 944, since the engineers thought bright dashlight would distract the driver from the road at night. Or the power steering, which gradually reduces steering support as you go faster, and then at 80km/h shuts off completely, so you have the best feeling for the road/car. Etc.

It was very well on porsche standards. Compare it to a 911 of the same area, they are very much the same quality (talking about the turbo and S2). The same goes for reliability. Just because 944's got cheap to buy at some point, and young idiots who didn't maintain them properly ruined the cars, doesn't mean they wouldn't be reliable if maintained well (replace timing belts, regularly check oil and water, etc, etc.). There are people with S2's and Turbo's who never did anything else than normal servicing (and replace the occasional clutch after 200'000km) and have over 400'000km on their clock, still going strong. In other words, if maintained well, those cars are pretty much bullet proof.

The 944 turbo is still a fast car, even for todays standards... But even an S2 or a smaller 944, or even a 924 (with the audi engines) is by no means a slow car. Of course the only REALLY exciting one is the turbo, i give you that.

Another interesting fact or two for you:

The 968 turbo was one of the fastest porsches available when it came out. The only 911 that was faster was the 911 turbo, and only slightly faster. Maybe that's why they only built about 16 of those cars.

And last but not least... The transaxle models (928, 924, 944, 968) saved porsches life when the industry was in a crisis (mostly it was the 924 and 944).

To say they are brilliant cars would be an understatement. But of course you prefer VAG cars...
Porsche is VAG which I think you meant.

But nontheless I was not complaining about the 944 driving position, it's very comfortable it's just strange to what most is used to, and being an average sized guy, getting out of it involves using your hands more than other cars, and like I said the RHD version has the handbrake inbetween the door and the driver which can be very awkward.

I think the 944 is a beautiful car, maybe I am just quite prejudiced about it and all the other FR Porsches because they just don't see right, in my eyes, a Porsche has to have the engine in the rear. It just doesn't seem right otherwise :P.

PS. 400nm from a petrol engine is something impressive, even with a small turbo.
/win

pic taken from moving coach
Attached images
IMAG0158.JPG
That thing needs it's own thread... Wow.

nothing can beat the dacia sandero
Nice try lukelfs, but the Dacia stock looks better than that
Nah the Sandero is the best car in the world. It is the fastest. It is over 9000. It looks awsome and it's good news.
Quote from Luke.S :Nah the Sandero is the best car in the world. It is the fastest. It is over 9000. It looks awsome and it's good news.

heh... It does look abit like every KIA.
Awesome!
not at all.

and thats 1 big turbo..

help, i started to love old racecars
Quote from nikopdr :

You need help with those riced Supras, not old racecars..
Quote from BlueFlame :You need help with those riced Supras, not old racecars..

since when has a SuperGT spec Supra been a ricer? I understand the Abflug kit is rice, but I cannot stop loving it still.
Those 2 last cars are the most riced up and ugly cars...
Quote from nikopdr :

Those two are awesome cars, and come on, do we have to have this stupid shit, 'THATS RICE OMG' when its obviously not
Quote from lukelfs :Those two are awesome cars, and come on, do we have to have this stupid shit, 'THATS RICE OMG' when its obviously not

THREE SPOKE RIMS. ARE RICE. End of it.
ye but they look GREAT

The Sexy Car Pic Thread
(1266 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG