The online racing simulator
I was thinking the same way after i did my laps. (i am the FXR guy) I think i can do 2:31,5 on quali set and i do believe, that some 4WD alien could do low 31/high 30's, but that's still more than 1 second behind top guys. We can do nothing about it by now and though it's fun event, it will not be so much fun for me, because i always want to be on the top.
But i am still looking forward to this, you aren't racing AS4 in this competition with GT2 every day.
I saw one of your fast laps and am trying to copy your approach, I know what to do but my setup is a bit lacking around the back of the circuit. I seem to lose 1-2 seconds through the climb from the far hairpin through the chicanes and back down to join the National circuit. I think it's just a case of fine tuning the gear ratios and having a bit more confidence that it will stick to the track. Anyway I'll be happy to be only one lap down at the finish. Assuming I qualify!
Quote from modelmotorracing :Anyway I'll be happy to be only one lap down at the finish.

That's adequate goal for FXR, i hope for this too. (not being lapped is my dream)
Yes , with FXR we are in the worst position ewer , I think that this is too much restrictions for that car , I m so strugling with time 2.34 , and I was watched the others on straight parts FZR are 3 - 6 km/h faster than FXR and this is too much.
I realy cannnot see how this car to driwe 2.32 , and do not mentions that "alien" times from Coreracing 2.29.xx
it says we need to put official Summer Event Numberboard, i searched for it everywhere but no luck? could anyone direct me to it
Real Name(s):Laimis Narsutis
LFS Username(s) LaimisD1
Team Name:SimRacing Lithuanian Team #2
Number: 36
Car (FXR-GT2, XRR-GT2 or FZR-GT2):FXR-GT2
Quote from LaimisD1 :Real Name(s):Laimis Narsutis
LFS Username(s) LaimisD1
Team Name:SimRacing Lithuania Team
Number: 10
Car (FXR-GT2, XRR-GT2 or FZR-GT2):FXR-GT2

1st off, you need to choose a new number, #10 is already taken.

2nd: You'll officially be SimRacing Lithuanian Team #2 since there's already a SimRacing Lithuania Team registered.

Finally, there is no numberboard requirement anymore, it didn't get done, as the guy we tasked for it didn't get it done in time.

d
I have also just (re)registered our IRC channel. It's #ndr and its at gamesurge.net. I'll be in it during the event, and it'd be quite nice if someone for each driver/team could be in it also, but we won't enforce it.

d
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
Quote from RiGun :I really didn't want to whine about the restrictions, but right now the FZR is more than a second faster than the best XRR time, as it is now it's just silly to try to drive competitively, maybe one of the best drivers could shorten the gap but I don't think that the XRR would ever hit a .28 as I see it the FZR should at least get +1% in intake restriction.

[NDR] J@tko votes to keep the old CTRA GT2 restrictions in future instead of playing around with them to try and make it fairer [1/8]

Quote from J@tko :[NDR] J@tko votes to keep the old CTRA GT2 restrictions in future instead of playing around with them to try and make it fairer [1/8]

well, none of the cars will match speeds, so gg to rulemakers of this event.
Quote from Dennis93 :well, none of the cars will match speeds, so gg to rulemakers of this event.

Just like every other series we run in... I understand it's tough, but there is enough data laying around out there that we have to be able to get it close. Only problem is, I think it's to late to make any changes. I mean we already have 30 people with times in the pre-qualification, and there is no telling how many others are practicing on different servers.

I really think the next time NDR or MoE run an event, that they make the XRR and FXR a tad quick than the FZR. We've seen the FZR dominance for years. Next time lets see what the XRR and FXR guys can do when their at the front.

At least it's teaching me to drive the FZR which is nice.
i edited my registration post:
fixed team name and new number 36
yeah i agree with what your saying, and i think when it comes to having a series which modifies the performance of all the cars then theres little arguement for not changing which car is the best overall. Not so its a whitewash, but just like in real life, one season 1 specific manufacturer will dominate, next season could be completely different.
Ignoring the current season of F1 thanks to the stupid rule changes, BMW have come to the front, Renault & Williams have dropped back a bit. Things change over time, so i dont see the harm in putting that into LFS ourselves. GT1 is a little harder, but at the same time there surely isnt a single team that spends hours tuning their teams setup before a race in MoE etc. If they had 1% restriction (as an example) the teams would figure it into the setup they created for the round anyway, just like everything else they'd tweak.

As for the current balance, i cant side with the people complaining about it. If you INSIST on driving a specific car, like 90% of this community seems to do, then its tough luck if the car you pick is slow, nobody forced that car on you, all 3 cars were offered to all of us and we picked the one we wanted. I dont particularly like RWD cars full-stop, hate them, but i'll be driving the XRR because i think its the car i can do best in, both in terms of being able to drive it comfortably and quickly. Everyone else has that option too, but as i mentioned before, too many people insist on driving the same car over and over, usually its a lazyness and unwillingness to adapt and learn something new. What winds me up is that the lazy FZR people are supported with LFS's pathetic balancing since xmas 07 which made the FZR untouchable in 99% of situations (the 1% being the tiny window where the FZR would have to pit while the others dont, which never actually happens).
You said it all Paul.
what are you all whining about, XRR won MoE 2007/2008 (when also everyone thought FZR is much faster, and in fact real stats showed that XRR even had better pace in like 24h race, not just westhill), and it's same situation here. It just takes awesome drivers to win with it
XRR will have much quicker pit stop here and has better pace at start too, and it's not even driven by uber drivers as far as i've seen, so qualy times aren't all
and i bet nolan did this time on end of a stint
I sow duck doing mid 29's with new tires in XRR!
when are we going to get our server password?
I presume (read: I'm not certain because Jack wrote the thing) they (pm's) should have been sent.

I'll dig the message up and forward it to you.
Sorry, but I have to withdraw from this, as I won't be at home tomorrow.
Quote from N I K I :what are you all whining about, XRR won MoE 2007/2008 (when also everyone thought FZR is much faster, and in fact real stats showed that XRR even had better pace in like 24h race, not just westhill), and it's same situation here. It just takes awesome drivers to win with it
XRR will have much quicker pit stop here and has better pace at start too, and it's not even driven by uber drivers as far as i've seen, so qualy times aren't all

FZR should definately have 27% restriction, and the XRR do have some quick drivers in them. Nolan and I were testing the XRR before and didn't get anywhere near a 29, then as soon as we try FZR, easy 29s...
Quote from racer hero :FZR should definately have 27% restriction

well there is 15kg, that affects tires much more then 1% extra restriction, so maybe in a long run it makes a difference, anyway I don't care
Quote from jwardy :Date: 12/7/09 (Sunday)

Oh... right... This doesn't change the things anyway, as I'll be away for the whole week-end.
Quote from N I K I :what are you all whining about, XRR won MoE 2007/2008 (when also everyone thought FZR is much faster, and in fact real stats showed that XRR even had better pace in like 24h race, not just westhill), and it's same situation here. It just takes awesome drivers to win with it

Yup, we (Mercury) were pretty confident the XRR was the better car that year and thought we'd see a decent mix of them in there, but it was only CoRe and spdo, and they werent as strong as they both are today (just above mid-pack, around 6th-8th area iirc) and all the top teams were running FZR (#low, Cyber, n!, F1rst, SK etc) and we were lucky in a couple of races, the biggest concern was that on tracks like WE1 it would be pretty easy, and assuming we won the best FZR team would be 1 place behind us (2nd). Compare to SO4 where the FZR would dominate, and you'd have 5 highly competitive FZRs ahead of you, so you'd have trouble breaking into the top 5. That could so easily have destroyed our chances, so it was very risky too, but the fact of the matter is that we took that risk, unlike all the other top teams, and it paid of for us in the end.
There isnt any of that in LFS these days, not in the GTR class, its a grid full of FZRs and far less interesting races unfolding as a result of it all.

We spent a lot of time figuring out which we felt would make us the most competitive, and i dunno whether everyone else just assumed the FZR was the fastest because they didnt put enough time into getting quick in the XRR, or if they just insisted on using the FZR because of familiarity and assumption it was the best car.
However, 1 example does not prove the matter nonsense, the FZR has been dominating LFS since S2 came along really. You imply that the XRR is somehow equal, it just needs decent drivers in it, so how about from September onwards my3id run the XRR in MoE?
I'll give each of your main drivers £10 to drive the XRR next season, provided no patch tweaks the perfectly balanced class we supposedly have today.

Or just perhaps you'll be in the FZR, because quite simply nothing else is even remotely competitive, and thats why 90% of the MoE GT1 grid, as well as many other stock GTR series, are filled with FZRs.

Anyway, saving 2-3sec on fuel refill is clutching at straws, likewise is using Duck as a yardstick for what the XRR can do, so unless your going to let me compare that to what Bawbag could do in the FZR, its all rather pointless and equally bias way of trying to deflect from the issue just like bringing up 1 rare example of how the XRR was competitive at a time when the balance was much closer than it is today.

Regardless, you'd be pretty pathetic to even attempt to say the FZR is balanced by LFS, and to a much lesser extent, in this series. Doesnt bother me that its slightly quicker in this series, i picked the XRR as the car i feel i'd do best in, but it is extremely boring seeing the FZR win 99% of the time, and it makes no attempt to favour people who step out of their comfort zone and try to adapt to a different car than they always drive in order to be truely competitive, and thats whats so boring. You kinda know you have to drive an FZR to be in with a chance, and while everyone has the option, the real option is competitive or uncompetitive, which do you prefer.
Hit the nail right on the head.
Quote from BigTime :You said it all Paul.

Quote from racer hero :Hit the nail right on the head.

:jawdrop:
Am i on the right forum?

Rarely are my opinions considered accurate, this is surely a ploy to stop me posting more long posts. Im onto you both!
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG