The online racing simulator
How 'active' is the LFS scene?
(31 posts, started )
Hi all.

First of, I'm a newb, so bare with me.

I only just downloaded the game today, and I must say, it looks great. So naturally I'm thinking, why not go all the way immediately and buy S2, after all, it's not a fortune, only 24€!

So here are my questions; The game has been out for a long time in various versions, so I guess a lot of people came and left. After all these years, is the game dying or is the scene still active? Is any future updates planned? and finally, playing online, how many servers are there, and are they full of people waiting to look at me in their rear view mirror, or do you have to be lucky to find 10 people to race against?

Oh and BTW, broken english is a language too.
Its under big construction now, and all community is waiting for new version. So spend those 24 munnys, its not so much
Hello and welcome!

Usually, there are about 1000 players online, especially in the evening GMT +1, there are quite many good servers to race on (GTI, Formula, Drift... etc.)

And I think that LFS is not dying at all. At LFSWorld history graph you can see that there's no huge activity drop in recent months.

Future updates? Scawen (LFS programmer) is planning to release a real Volkswagen Scirocco in near future. Also, the developers want to update one S2 track (Westhill) and update some cars' interiours. As Scawen said, we can look forward to some good improvements this year.

S2 is definitely worth buying!
Thanks for your quick replies.

I like what I hear, and I will be buying the game later tonight!

See ya in the mirror!
Quote from Lau_HC : After all these years, is the game dying or is the scene still active? Is any future updates planned? and finally, playing online, how many servers are there

As said, you can see all this at LFS World, in the "Racers & Hosts online" section of http://www.lfsworld.net/ . If you sort the servers by usage, you can see what is popular. A lot of the racing community has changed, but LFS is not dead by any means
It's not very active in Denmark But you can help make it
There's a danish league on today you can watch live, The Danish Racing League.. And you can come visit lfs-forum.dk too.
Welcome
Just to add, an LFS S2 licence costs £24 thats around €28 at current rates.

There are loads of servers (around 700 last time I checked) but many are empty or private, I usually filter empty hosts, and this leaves me around 60-100 occupied servers to join, (this is late evening after 2100hrs GMT)

I have been joining the LR race servers quite a bit latley and grid sizes are very good there, usually 20-30 drivers or more

Depending on your driving style preference (ie drift, cruise or race)and car preference, you should still find plenty of drivers to race against

If you come across me in the LR server, I look forward to looking at you, looking at me, looking at you in my rear view mirror

SD.
There's also many leagues, like Absolute Beginners. I bought my S2 License yesterday and im so glad i did
#9 - dadge
Quote from sparkydave :welcome
just to add, an lfs s2 licence costs £24 thats around €28 at current rates.

There are loads of servers (around 700 last time i checked) but many are empty or private, i usually filter empty hosts, and this leaves me around 60-100 occupied servers to join, (this is late evening after 2100hrs gmt)

i have been joining the lr race servers quite a bit latley and grid sizes are very good there, usually 20-30 drivers or more

depending on your driving style preference (ie drift, cruise or race)and car preference, you should still find plenty of drivers to race against

if you come across me in the lr server, i look forward to looking at you, looking at me, looking at you in my rear view mirror :d

sd.

qft!

EDIT: damn forum. the first time i decide to use uppercase and the forum stopped it. i'll take that as a sign then
Welcome to LFS mate. I'd say its pretty damn popular ive been playing around 3 weeks now and theres never been a time where i've come on and its not populated, always a number of people on thats just on the demo though S2 is ment to be like double that lol

KJD.
Quote from Lau_HC :See ya in the mirror!

Quote from Lau_HC's stats at LFSWorld :Total stats:
Travelled distance:0 Km

Whats your point Shadoww?

If you took the time to read the OP's post you would know he only downloaded today!

So fast to post, slow up a little, post something on topic or at least enter into the discussion with somthing valid, I know you can do it

I guess a new to LFS player would want to set up HW and play a little off-line maybe? nothing wrong with that.

Anyway nice of you to be so pleasent in welcoming a new forum member, Shadow!

SD.
"See you in a mirror" = "I am better racer than everybody here".
i think the joke went over your head a bit mate. i don't think he was being as serious as you took it.
Quote from Lau_HC :Hi all.

I only just downloaded the game today, and I must say, it looks great. So naturally I'm thinking, why not go all the way immediately and buy S2, after all, it's not a fortune, only 24€!

So here are my questions; The game has been out for a long time in various versions, so I guess a lot of people came and left. After all these years, is the game dying or is the scene still active? Is any future updates planned? and finally, playing online, how many servers are there, and are they full of people waiting to look at me in their rear view mirror, or do you have to be lucky to find 10 people to race against?

Oh and BTW, broken english is a language too.

Quote from Lau_HC :Thanks for your quick replies.

I like what I hear, and I will be buying the game later tonight!

See ya in the mirror!

Reads perfectly fine to me Shadow, at no point was any "I am better than you" written or inferred.

It just feels very negative when you start posting stuff like that Shadow
This person comes here asking about S2 and its userbase, another possible licence sale for Scavier, we are his first impression of this forum, all of us posting here in this thread.

@Lau, luckily there are less foolish drivers in S2 servers than in the demo, so if serious racing is what your after theres more of it

I think there are also alot of mature & responsible people here on the forum, however a minority are also spammers and are tolerated a little too much IMO, but youll get used to who to ignore

I wish I could

SD.
Rule number one: Respect teh forum p0l1c3. :nerd:

Oh and welcome to the world of LFS Lau_HC. You've made the right choice and most likely, depending on your preferences of course, you won't regret it.
Quote from 510N3D :Rule number one: Respect teh forum p0l1c3. :nerd:

Oh and welcome to the world of LFS Lau_HC. You've made the right choice and most likely, depending on your preferences of course, you won't regret it.

nice smile lol

and welcome Lau_HC, have fun, I'm sure you will
Quote from Shadowww :"See you in a mirror" = "I am better racer than everybody here".

Comming from a newb like me, I would have thought everyone knew I was talking about rear view mirrors... and not my own.

Anyway, glad to see the scene is alive and well.

@RasmusL I will be looking at the Danish league, as well as lfs-forum.dk.

And again, thanks for the friendly welcome.

Now it's time to put the pedal to the metal!!!
Quote from Lau_HC :Comming from a newb like me, I would have thought everyone knew I was talking about rear view mirrors... and not my own.

a
Quote from Lau_HC :Hi all.

If you're afraid of going into "hard racing" and want to try some racing in "lower level" league, follow my signature
So called "Absolute Beginners" can help you (few of them race in OneGP )
Quote from Lau_HC :

Now it's time to put the pedal to the metal!!!

Excellent comment! I would give a medal
Quote from Michalxo :If you're afraid of going into "hard racing" and want to try some racing in "lower level" league, follow my signature
So called "Absolute Beginners" can help you (few of them race in OneGP )

Signed up and ready to prove my worth in the open league.
Quote from SparkyDave :

I guess a new to LFS player would want to set up HW and play a little off-line maybe? nothing wrong with that.

Whats HW?

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG