The online racing simulator
Quote from Bft-Master :The problem of bumpdraft is just if the driver you bump wouldn't be bumpdrafted, and a lag cause an incident....

The driver in front can post a protest?

I certainly would. If you bump with someone who you haven't cleared it with previously, you do it at considerable risk. That said, sometimes the risk is worth the reward.
Quote from Bft-Master :The problem of bumpdraft is just if the driver you bump wouldn't be bumpdrafted, and a lag cause an incident....

Lag can happen at anytime even when your side by side banging door handles TOURING CAR STYLE and cause an accident. I see no difference.
Quote from scotty2888 :Lag can happen at anytime even when your side by side banging door handles TOURING CAR STYLE and cause an accident. I see no difference.

Because crashing into the back of someone to get a speed boost is a deliberate action. Banging doorhandles is a side-effect of some overtaking maneuveres. Moreover, bump drafting is not a touring car-style action.
I wasnt talking about deliberate crashing. I was looking at it from the lag point of view.

Plus bump drafting done properly is just a gentle bump on the rear as the cars make contact then should stay touching surley?
I've seen car pushes in WTCC? We have a norwegian series here in Norway where they do push each other. Similar in Sweden etc. Its not FORBIDDEN. They are allowed! Not everyone DOES, but some do. The guys that dont do it, doesnt because they wont get any marks on their car :P The CoRe mechanics is so good that I dont need to be afraid of that :P
They have done it in the past in the BTCC but rarely. Again I dont think it is forbidden but they just rarely do it.
Only series in the UK I've seen it done with is the Legends at Knockhill, which has ended in tears before...

In the BTCC its not done - in LFS the draft is too big and the damage is too little.
Quote from boothy :Only series in the UK I've seen it done with is the Legends at Knockhill, which has ended in tears before...

In the BTCC its not done - in LFS the draft is too big and the damage is too little.

And thats why its perfect. :P But the draft is NOT too big in LFS. We get much more draft in the formula series Im driving in, than on LFS. The slipstream is just huge in those cars. Its more than in LFS :P The LFS drafting isnt too big. Its big, but not too much :P At least, not much. The damage is little, yes, thats why it is perfect, and less dangerous than IRL.
:rolleyes:
With great respect to all the racers who have provided thrilling races for the last few months, here's a video showing my feelings for bump drafting [in circuit racing].

I nicknamed it 'Touring Car Techniques'
:sadbanana
Point very well made.
I was wondering if you have to apply to this bump drafting - when someone came from behind he always chose the other car to bump leaving me in the dust, making me think that I forgot to pay my dues?
Quote from Hypothraxer :I was wondering if you have to apply to this bump drafting - when someone came from behind he always chose the other car to bump leaving me in the dust, making me think that I forgot to pay my dues?

It's an exclusive club. You have to prove your worth!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's an exclusive club. You have to prove your worth!

He has to get into the Communist Order of Racing Enthusiasts first :hide:
I think if I was a driver and was left out the C would be replaced by a different word...
Passo, I love you
How is my post nonsense? You guys said yourself that this is touring car racing, where bumping happens. So if in real touring cars they don't bump down the straights (because they don't get as big of a draft as in LFS), they can only bump in the turns. I don't know about you guys, but bumping the turns sound mighty dangerous.

You want to know the ignorant part about that video Passo? All the "accidents" happened in the turns, so that must be touring car racing!
I didn't like your post because you refused to understand the point, and also decided that we're all retarded.

Quote from PMD9409 :... but this is just over the line retardation!

Quote from PMD9409 :How is my post nonsense? You guys said yourself that this is touring car racing, where bumping happens. So if in real touring cars they don't bump down the straights (because they don't get as big of a draft as in LFS), they can only bump in the turns. I don't know about you guys, but bumping the turns sound mighty dangerous.

But it seems you still do not understand. Bump drafting is deliberate contact. Contact in touring cars is inevitable but is mostly (and should be) accidental.

Quote from PMD9409 :
You want to know the ignorant part about that video Passo? All the "accidents" happened in the turns, so that must be touring car racing!

As for the video, well, I'm sorry you found it ignorant but the cause of all the crashes was bump drafting. If you're going 10+ mph quicker into a corner because of that technique, you're always going to have a greater likelihood of problems/contact: Which is precisely the point I am making.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I didn't like your post because you refused to understand the point, and also decided that we're all retarded.

But it seems you still do not understand. Bump drafting is deliberate contact. Contact in touring cars is inevitable but is mostly (and should be) accidental.

As for the video, well, I'm sorry you found it ignorant but the cause of all the crashes was bump drafting. If you're going 10+ mph quicker into a corner because of that technique, you're always going to have a greater likelihood of problems/contact: Which is precisely the point I am making.

You are retarded for saying we are allowed to get away with bumping in turns, but not on straights.

Deliberate contact, yes, but what's your point? The person you are either pushing is either your team mate or someone you are benefiting. At no point is it unfair because anyone can do it, choosing not to is your own fault.

None of those accidents were caused by bumpdrafting, except the one between me and Nolan, and that was a minor off course where no one was harmed. The first incident you have me making a 3 wide pass on the inside, and last time I checked you have to have more speed in order to pass someone, in which I did (not from bumpdrafting). And yet I was bumped at the apex of the corner, after completing the pass, and almost spun. Next you have the 4 car bump train, which had no danger in it unless lag tookover, in which it didn't. The cars go 3 wide into T1, an early apex into the turn, and the car on the outside cuts down on the car in the middle. So, if he is going too fast into the turn Passo, how can he cut someone off at the apex of the turn?
Quote from PMD9409 :You are retarded for saying we are allowed to get away with bumping in turns, but not on straights.

First, stop insulting me.

Quote from PMD9409 :
Deliberate contact, yes, but what's your point? The person you are either pushing is either your team mate or someone you are benefiting. At no point is it unfair because anyone can do it, choosing not to is your own fault.

So because I'm out in the lead, all by myself, being the best driver in the race, it's my fault that the guys behind are bump drafting right into my ass and straight past. Of course. How could I be so retarded?!?! If you need to bump draft another car to make yourself 3 positions (and lose them again), then you're not in touring cars. Head back to the oval (no insult, it's a fact. BD belongs on the oval).

You are driving into the back of another car, hoping to God they know exactly what is about to happen, and that lag won't screw you over.

Quote from PMD9409 :
None of those accidents were caused by bumpdrafting, except the one between me and Nolan, and that was a minor off course where no one was harmed. The first incident you have me making a 3 wide pass on the inside, and last time I checked you have to have more speed in order to pass someone, in which I did (not from bumpdrafting). And yet I was bumped at the apex of the corner, after completing the pass, and almost spun.

It was from BD; you took Texas with you and he did not react in time and nearly ended up piling into the back of everyone. He had to take to the grass because of his extra speed. Not really good racing there. As for your move, you nearly didn't get round the corner, the guys you passed were quite shocked you appeared in front of them from such a long way back, because of the bump drafting.

Quote from PMD9409 :
Next you have the 4 car bump train, which had no danger in it unless lag tookover, in which it didn't. The cars go 3 wide into T1, an early apex into the turn, and the car on the outside cuts down on the car in the middle. So, if he is going too fast into the turn Passo, how can he cut someone off at the apex of the turn?

There shouldn't be that many cars, so close together, going at such high speed. That can be attributed to bump drafting, as well as poor race-craft.

In conclusion, Bump Drafting still has no place in touring cars.
Are you being deliberately obtuse, PMD?
Wow.
Quote from Gil07 :Are you being deliberately obtuse, PMD?

Pretty much. You have Passo saying not to insult him, after dedicating a video to me (I was the main person in it).

Nothing about it was mentioned in the rules, and we had no warnings. If something happens, you protest, the same as if you are bumped in a turn.

Passo, you ever heard of "strategy". That word does exist you know, in most series you just see it used in the pits, but in others you will see racing strategy, consisting of all different things. This series seemed to show bumpdrafting as strategy, and tbh half the time that was the safest way around people.

What do I know, I am just a stupid Yank that does circle racing.
Bumpdrafting made several of the races quite a lot more fun for me (namely, the ones where the track included a straight so stupidly long for such slow cars that I'd otherwise be asleep). It adds an element of strategy and risk to the races, and I really enjoy it, personally. I don't really care if it's done in real touring car racing or not--it's done in iTCC and that's great, IMO.

If they change the rules to outlaw it, we'll still pwn y'all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG