The online racing simulator
Passo. That movie didnt prove anything. For the first, as Phil says, most of them wasnt caused by bumpdraft. You drive as fast as you can into the corner, and you KNOW you are going faster, you BRAKE earlier. That collision was NOT caused by bumpdrafting.

So because I'm out in the lead, all by myself, being the best driver in the race, it's my fault that the guys behind are bump drafting right into my ass and straight past

Then, you're not the best driver, because you do not use your advantage to bumpdraft. You should then do your best to get behind them as fast as possible and start your way up. this is not hotlapping, this is racing. Where the speed isnt everything. Use your mind to how to get back up to that place. Have a tactic. THEN, you're the best driver. If you win, you're the best. Easy as it can be. Its the same as saying as drafting is not allowed. Drafting makes you move faster, THE END: ANd then, you're coming too fast into the corner, and you will spin off. Thats at least what Passo says. So I hope I wont get a better out-corner than usual, since I brake at the same point every lap. You also included 4 cases in the movie. Include the ones that was NOT "caused" by bumpdrafting, and you will have as many as you wont be able to upload the movie to youtube, because its too big. Crashes happends in turns (mostly), not because of bumpdrafting. Of course, some crashes is caused by bumpdrafting, but very few of them is. Its the same as saying as passing should be dissallowed, since THATS dangerous.

This is silly
This entire bumpdrafting arguing is getting completely silly. Seriously, going to the level of trolling/personal attacks ? This is absolutley stupid. Anyone doing any attacks or anything of that nature is by default, excluded from the dsicussion. Make your points without cheap shots or calling people names, that's just completely childish. This behavior is NOT what you want in public for a series that has a rather high public profile. This is NOT good for the reputation.

So, calm down, get over it, it happened. Discuss why or why it shouldn't be allowed for next season to your minds, but remember, it's the admins final call, and deal with that comes from them.

To be perfectly honest, some of the discussions seen here make me want to never take part in this series again if some people act like this. This does NOT reflect well.

dekojester
I think we can all agree, at least, that the LFS aero and damage modelling need to be fixed sooner rather than later. The bumpdrafting we have in LFS with these cars at the moment is directly traceable to the indestructible front bumpers and the massive air wedges the cars cut.
is it me , or do people take this a tiny bit too serious
It's not you!
It wasn't meant as an insult, just a demonstration as to what happens when it goes wrong. Anyway, you were calling me retarded before I even had the idea for a video in my little brain.

Quote from PMD9409 :

Passo, you ever heard of "strategy". That word does exist you know, in most series you just see it used in the pits, but in others you will see racing strategy, consisting of all different things. This series seemed to show bumpdrafting as strategy, and tbh half the time that was the safest way around people.

You're right, this series did show bump drafting as a viable strategy; but that still doesn't make it right or realistic, in my opinion. It's not a safe way around anyone: it's a farce because it takes next to no skill. I'd much rather see someone draft and then pull out of the draft and attempt to pass as opposed to following a train of cars past an driver who is all alone.

And now 4 posts have been made since I started writing this one. Let me make this clear: my video was really just a satircal look at bump drafting and wasn't intended to offend. I'm passionate (and have been for many years) about touring car racing so I'm going to fight its corner whenever something comes along to bring it into disrepute.
IMO until LFS has the damage model and the lack of a git big tow behind the car ahead, we might as well use what we have

(Let the flaming commence)
I'm with you guys! (Bit Too Serious&Co.)
@Deko, I feel this discussion is important for the future rules of the series. I'm just making my point and arguing the case against bump drafting.
And everyone will argue to the drop. iTCC forum moderators should lock this thread.
Quote from TexasLTU :And everyone will argue to the drop. iTCC forum moderatotd should lock this thread.

We're having an interesting discussion. What are you contributing?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :We're having an interesting discussion. What are you contributing?

It will never end! CoRe is saying its OK, and you saying its not. And its all over the thread for christ sake!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :@Deko, I feel this discussion is important for the future rules of the series. I'm just making my point and arguing the case against bump drafting.

Did you read my post? :P

This is too silly :P But I really do care about it, and Im giving my opinion. And I do counter-attack when I feel its needed :P But I dont feel I insulted anyone though.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It wasn't meant as an insult, just a demonstration as to what happens when it goes wrong. Anyway, you were calling me retarded before I even had the idea for a video in my little brain.

You're right, this series did show bump drafting as a viable strategy; but that still doesn't make it right or realistic, in my opinion. It's not a safe way around anyone: it's a farce because it takes next to no skill. I'd much rather see someone draft and then pull out of the draft and attempt to pass as opposed to following a train of cars past an driver who is all alone.

And now 4 posts have been made since I started writing this one. Let me make this clear: my video was really just a satircal look at bump drafting and wasn't intended to offend. I'm passionate (and have been for many years) about touring car racing so I'm going to fight its corner whenever something comes along to bring it into disrepute.

I never originally called anyone retarded, I was referring to the retarded comments of "Bumping is a part of touring cars, but not on the straights".

Ok, so it shows no skill to hold the throttle down and bump someone, but it does take brains.

BTW, lets make this series more realistic. Lets have mandatory downforce, only one tire compound, and all cars FWD!
and race at real tracks. Oh wait, LFS doesnt have that. Real cars then, oh no, we dont have that neither :P
Quote from PMD9409 :BTW, lets make this series more realistic. Lets have mandatory downforce, only one tire compound, and all cars FWD!

Finally, someone talking sense FWD would be great (ie at least 75% FTS) - would make slides easier to control as well, a fixed rear wing and specified setup ranges, and would all be making the series more like the recently announced NGTC spec cars the BTCC announced (FWD, 2 litre, 300bhp turbo). Tyres - what compound were you thinking of?
Well, it certainly was an interesting debate. I'm glad lots of opinions were expressed so the iCON guys can see what the drivers think about the issue. Same time tomorrow? Tomorrow's subject: the PIT maneuvre.
sure
Sure. Why not.
Quote from boothy :Finally, someone talking sense FWD would be great (ie at least 75% FTS) - would make slides easier to control as well, a fixed rear wing and specified setup ranges, and would all be making the series more like the recently announced NGTC spec cars the BTCC announced (FWD, 2 litre, 300bhp turbo). Tyres - what compound were you thinking of?

You do realise I was being 100% sarcastic right?

What BTCC is doing with the FWD thing IMO is terrible. And the last thing I want to see is easier saves, LFS is too forgivable as it is. Fixed wings won't change much, because after races when some drivers talk about their setup, 80% of the time the downforce settings are already the same.

Maybe the tire compound idea wasn't full sarcasm. Of course I would look at making it more difficult for drivers, so I would say R2s only.

EDIT: I call for a iTCC Season 2 Discussion lol. By the time we agree it will be 2010 .
I'm obviously for the pit maneuvre, so it'll make an interesting discussion.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG