The online racing simulator
Round 6 Post-Race Discussion
OK post your comments here....

I'd just like to say that due to me screwing things up, the replays won't be available until tomorrow, so protest deadline will be Tuesday midnight GMT.

Cheers

Joe

EDIT:

If anyone does have any of the replays from tonight's race, please can you send them to me Thanks
First to reply

Great broadcast and great racing tonight everyone!
#3 - J@tko
Probably the most exciting race I've ever seen in my life

Quali was amazing - Gratz to Timo for pole in the dying seconds.

Race 1 was the usual mega exciting stuff, the SC at the end of Race 2 was nearly unbearable, I dunno if deko was having an orgasm or a heart attack when Diaz rolled it.

Race 3 was another fantastic reverse grid race. Kudos to Jack for doing really well and nearly grabbing that maiden win, putting away memories of the last round :hide:

Overall, another NDR epic fail from Timo [you really do like those tyres don't you], another AMAZING broadcast [which meant I did no work - cheers guys ] and some more fantastic racing to round off the season.

Thanks to the iCON guys for putting this on - it has been by far and away the most exciting league I've raced in. Even from my POV at the back, there's been close racing all the way, and as several people have shown, there's always someone who tears up the form book and appears at the top from the middle of no-where.

Highlights of my season:
Test races were great. It's amazing to think that, 6 months ago, we had a little test race with about 20 of us around Aston GT. What amazing racing that produced, including my best ever race in LFS, catching Yann for 3rd place at the end of race 3.
Westhill was a bit of a failure, managed to wreck my team-mate, go backwards over the finish line and crash under SC :doh:
Fern Bay was just one of those races. Got my series best finish of 6th place in Race 2, just by staying on the road. I then led 95% of a lap in Race 3 before going off. Blackwood was just a fail for me. South Shitty I wasn't at. Kyoto started well with 10th in Qual, but it all went downhill after T2, and wrecking Jack W twice didn't help
Didn't turn up at Aston, but was treated to an amazing race.

Please put me down on the list for next season - I can't wait already. My only suggestion would be to give more people points. When there's only points for the top 10, and you have about 30 aliens in the race, it's kinda dishearteneing to us mere mortals who turn up and grind out to get a top-20 position. But ah well, I spose it does make those amazing top-10 finishes even more special

See you all on track

Jack "J@tko" Atkinson, Car #26
I want to thanks the organizers for iTCC (iCON ). It has been an awsome season, and you have done a great job. I cant wait for the next season! The broadcasts were amazing, and the driving were super-close. Its sad that its over already.

Thanks everyone!
Sad, sad evening. First race i DC-ed from 14th, second race i crashed in T1 and waited for Diaz and when i finally had chance for points in R3, i timed out again from P6. FFS...

Anyway, it was good racing whole season, either i was in or not.
Big thanks to orgnanisers, they put so much effort in this and it was really great, all those broadcasts and all stuff around, good job.
ROUND 6 ASTON NATIONAL (AS3)

RESERVE SHOOT OUT

Only the top 16 cars of the reserve shoot out would go through to the event. In practice the big guns were doing low 1.51’s to mid 52’s. I could hit mid 52’s.

However this was were things started looking dim for me. I managed to get into the 52’s however I would still only be the 12th fastest. But that’s enough to be in the event. But here’s the kicker. There was only 12 cars that showed up. So everyone got to enter the event.

QUALY

Qualy was once again close but I wouldn’t hook the car up like I had been. Nothing seemed to go right. I could only manage a low 53. This made me start 23rd and dead last for race one.

RACE 1

It was awesome. I couldn’t believe I was finally apart of a big league. I am more than happy to have been apart of it. I got a great start from last place and immediately went for slipstream of the nearest car. It worked for me. I kept up as cars fell off the track all over the place ahead of me. I battled hard with those around me. Up to 19th by the end of lap 2.

I would climb through the places as others lost there cool ahead of me and I would even rise to run at best 16th around lap 4. But then I started falling off the pace as I hadn’t managed my tyres too well. I went back wards. I eventually stabilised in 19th place of 21 runners left.

I was right on the tail of 18th. I got in his draft and then got along side him going down the flat out section on the back of the track. I fell behind him on the run to the hairpin before the final chicane. He braked a little early and caught me off guard. I hit the brakes and tried to pull to the right to avoid him but just clipped him as I tried to avoid him spinning him off. He would rejoin in last place.

The next lap I was Running comfortably in 18th place and looking set. But I judged the chicane wrong. I didn’t cut enough of the first part throwing me off for the rest. I went up on two wheels clipped the tyre wall on the right to throw the car back down but then it tried to roll the other way. The car was bouncing and dancing all over the place. How I stopped it from rolling was amazing. I eventually got going again but my front left suspension had collapsed and broken. I was forced to drive three laps with a broken suspension.

I finished 21st and last.

RACE 2

Race two and I was hoping for something a little better. I know I can fight with them I proved it in the first race. So I went for it. Again I got a great start. I stayed with them again picking up the slipstream. Into turn one and I’m on the left with two cars to my right. Dunno if the cars to my left made contact but the middle car slid into me nudging me off into the sand trap. I kept it going and dug y way out but then the other two did make contact sending a CORE car into the same gravel trap about 50 yards ahead of me and the car that remain on track came to a stop So I gained two places.

However the next lap and on the run to the first of two hairpins I clipped the grass under braking spinning my car and I had to wait for the two behind me to pass before rejoin putting me back to last and falling back. I would remain there in last place and 23rd for the rest of the race. Or so it would seem.

On lap 12 of 13 the safety car was deployed bunched everyone up and was my saviour. A one lap last lap mad dash to the finish. On the restart coming out the chicane I was a little slower than the cars in front which would mean I fell away by about 4-5 car lengths. This would play into my hands.

Turn one there is a big crash involving several cars and I manage to somehow pick my way through the wrecks and come out the other side in 15th place, FROM 22nd. I finished in 15th of 22 finishers I think it was.

RACE 3

Nolan Scott had already won the championship now so everyone went a little crazy. I started 15th didn’t get a great start and immediately dropped to 16th of the line. But I jumped straight into his slipstream and got round the outside of him before turn one and then ended up on the middle line for turn one giving me the inside line for turn one and the flick right after it.

At the flick right I was side by side with a couple cars for 12th I think it was. I got tapped putting two wheels on the grass, I spun and ended up sideways in front of everyone. Someone collected me and sent me rolling down the track were I would end up on my roof and out the race.

So my first ever meet in the big league and I end up in a huge accident. Doc says I will be fine and can race on. I was lucky the car was built so well. Welcome to the ITCC Scotty boy.
Quote from scotty2888 :................................

So my first ever meet in the big league and I end up in a huge accident. Doc says I will be fine and can race on. I was lucky the car was built so well. Welcome to the ITCC Scotty boy.

Last paragraph is my favourite
u see scottys not all there so he does say some random things
Timo's rear wing = win

Just watched some of the broadcast that was a crazy last round.
Quote from pacesetter :Last paragraph is my favourite

I like to keep the readers happy. But I am surprised anyone bothered to read it. Thank you.
I'm happy

Pole with quite a margin (O_o), tho I knew it wasn't going to last in the race as I hadn't driven a lap of this combo before yesterday morning. So I only had the time to do short stints. I decided to concentrate on quali, since last time around i was like the 14th in shootoout and if someone had come along...

Anyway, I didn't really expect the races to be that bad tbh. I discovered on the start that my set isn't good at it. It didn't help that the phone rang in the middle of race 1. That dropped me a few places down. Had some awesome overtakes, Pickard was a good fight. But the server was quite laggy. Something overall lagged badly in qualifying (lfs took a while before realising I improved my time) and on the last lap the timing also froze, which ment I didn't know Nolan had actually passed me. (I saw him ahead when pickard/ward did something weird and decided to epicdivebomb me. But since he was neither ahead nor behind I figured he was a alap down..) So ultimately your awesomely crap server cost a position there. *cough* racesim *cough*

Race 2 - all the same. Climbed a few positions after start. Noticed that r3's had no grip whatsoever.

Race 3 - I did know there was a 2,5 sec gap between me and Faurie. But I decided to go after P1/2 and made a small mistake which borked the car a bit. But I don't care tbh, 5th in this company is a good position.

As said, I'm happy for the quali. I was pleased with it already, and didn't feel pressure after that anymore in the races. I was just a bit unlucky.

Thanks icon for a great season, I don't know wheather I can make the next one. But change your server provider. Your current one isn't especially reliable from what I've seen during the past feew months.

Oh, did anyone notice my special rear wing?
Hi there!

Replay and (provisonal) results of round 6 will be uploaded in the afternoon (If work let me..)

Thanks to all competitors who take part in this league, to the amazing commentary box (scot/american/english) and of course to Joe, who made the mainpart of organizing stuff, Stoney and Darren for admining the events.

I hope you enjoyed the league and hopefully I see some of you at the next season

Cheers
Probably the most exciting race i've ever seen
thxs to all racers... You have made your best, a fairplay race with crashes that couldn't be avoid... I was just spectating the race in livestreaming yesterday...
Amazing livestream and great commentaries....
i might do the race, i was qualified for the reserve shootout but i arrived too late to take part of it...

I will subscribe to the next season... I'll work for it...

Good jobs guys, a real race..

bye, see you on the server and forum...

R4R Matty° (mattydread)

Ps : Thxs Joe_Keaveney for your reply.. i apologize for not being there yesterday but it wasn't my fault..(I went to the airport, my friend's flight had 1 hour of delay...) i just waited for him, thinking that i would be probably not there... and that's just what happened...

Great job to the Renesis Team
Race 1: Went from 10th to 2nd by the first sector split in lap 2, which was a pretty big rush. Then I made a few mistakes in the chicane over the next few laps, and the two Renesis guys caught back up. I battled with them for a few more laps (probably the best fight of the entire season for me) and then completely missed the chicane and had to go Dukes of Hazzard style over the sand. Spent the rest of the race trying to keep my teammate Arni behind me, and got really lucky when Bitan flipped it with a lap to go (sorry, Bitan!).

Race 2: Got another good start and was trying to bump teammate Rik ahead of the Renesis guys going into T1. Didn't realize one of them was still on my inside as I went for the apex. Got loose on the contact and had to do a bit of defensive driving before I caught back up to the top 3. Spent most of the race trying to bump Arni back up to the top 2. Then the yellow came out, which, frankly, I wasn't too happy to see at the time. However! After gree-white-checkers restart, I managed to get a massive bumpdraft with Arni on the backstretch and pass whichever of the Renesis guys it was that we were racing with as we went into the final hairpin. That was totally awesome.

Race 3: Blegh.
#15 - CSF
Wow just watched race 3, 71 please give yourself a big upper cut and take a good long hard look at yourself. Utterly shocking driving.
Quote from CSF :Wow just watched race 3, 71 please give yourself a big upper cut and take a good long hard look at yourself. Utterly shocking driving.

If someone will post a report about me, I'll agree with this.

I just squeezed a bit too hard in T1 there, and had a incident with Rik with some lag. So, please, no need to shout all over thread I'm driving very dirty and etc.
Quote from CSF :Utterly shocking driving.

I don't think there was 5 guys on the track last round that didn't drive like lunatics. I've never seen such a lack of respect going into the final round of the season for any league I've ever run in or spectated. With that said, I have no room to complain, because I had my fair share of issues in round 5. We can all agree the contact makes the series what it is, and I love that. The simple fact is that everyone makes mistakes, the problem is that we're beyond the mistake factor, at least for this final round.

If I had a dollar for every dive bomb that was attempted on me that resulted in contact that race, I'd have like 7 bucks.
Besides, the bold moves are what makes it the funnest series ever. That said, we should aim for higher driving standards.

Race 1: Had a good first lap and a bit of luck and got into the lead. Then it was just a matter of keeping a balance between pushing and keeping the tyres from not burning. I think I did a decent job at that one

Race 2: Bad start but had some help from Ben (thanks!) to keep me in the lead. After that it was basically the same as race 1, drive as fast but don't kill the tyres. I actually had my first restart from the lead this time and I think I didn't do that bad.

Race 3: Had a wonderful first lap going from 10th to 4th until I got rear ended and got last. After that I tried to bumpdraft myself back to a top 10 finish which eventually worked.

Even though it wasn't the cleanest race I have to admit I've had some of the best fun of the season!

Thanks again for this league iCon racing and the bunch!
Quote from hyntty :Besides, the bold moves are what makes it the funnest series ever. That said, we should aim for higher driving standards.

Yeah, it is :P I mean, some times, you're unlucky, sometimes, you're not. We dont (at least, not always :P) drives like crazy idiots. Most of the passes is close, but fair in my eyes. Its touringcars, and touches happends, its just in which way that makes them bad. We're driving so damn close that mistakes happends, and is being punished more than ever. Never seen so much three-wide etc :P Its so damn fun to race, even if you're put off the track, its still fun! :P
I think the challenge this season has been to choose where 'touring car' racing ends and where dirty driving begins. It's not always easy, especially when there are perhaps team interests at play. We've tried always to just look at the incidents reported to us objectively and on their own merits.

Overall, I'm very pleased with how the season has been received, all of us at iCON hope we given to the LFS community something of value that everyone (y'all) will want to experience again.

We're not going to rest now, though and wait for the 2010 season. My own objective now is start asking you the racers to contribute your ideas on how we can improve iTCC.

Over the next few days, I'll be starting some new threads asking for your opinions and ideas about certain areas that we want to improve to make the 2010 iTCC Championship better, brighter and more enjoyable both for the racer and for the viewer. We're not going to be 're-inventing the wheel' (no massive changes), so don't worry - it will still be the same pedal-to-the-metal, hard racin' that you all know and love.

The broadcasts this year have been fantastic, we've had a constant 50 or so viewers at every round which doesn't sound much but we're happy with that! The commentary team of Dekojester, boothy and Passo have been magnificent, very slick production and excitable commentary have kept us all watching. The on-demand feature means all the racers can re-watch the race to see what they missed while on-track, and for that we have Mogulus to thank. Lastly, we're very grateful to Alan Zadro (Thunderhead) for producing a great intro movie for the iTCC. He did a great job, awesome movie, and I hope he returns to LFS sometime.

I'll post the consultation threads in a few days. Stay tuned! Thanks again..

Lastly, but most importantly - a massive thankyou to all the racers who competed in this first season of the iTCC. You're the stars of the show, guys! A big thankyou and well done to you all!
Mogulus has renamed to livestream
That race was so frustrating for me =/ Every race I managed to get a fantastic start, only to be punted off.

Ah well, racing I suppose

Anyway, thank you very much to the whole team at iCON and others for making this series possible. Put me down for next season

And next year I WILL get a point

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG