The online racing simulator
I thought IHRA Drag Racing was pretty decent for being released in 2001. You can change everything about the engine down to the cam profile.
Probably your Computer.

its you :P its fine for me.
Quote from mutt107 :new video
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick ... rza-motorsport-3/17-1475/

I was jazzed to see some new video, but man...these guys are a pair of toolboxes. I want to watch the footage, but listening to them makes me want to stab myself in the ear with a fountain pen.

edit: "I don't know why anyone would play a driving game with the cockpit turned on". You've got to be freaking kidding me. That's one of my main requirements when looking at a driving sim, and the reason why I never bothered with the last two Forza titles.
It still bugs me that Americans call it Fortza.
The IGN review vid makes Forza look like total wank!
It cracked me up how they say Renault and Seat.

They say Renowlt and seet.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I was jazzed to see some new video, but man...these guys are a pair of toolboxes. I want to watch the footage, but listening to them makes me want to stab myself in the ear with a fountain pen.

edit: "I don't know why anyone would play a driving game with the cockpit turned on". You've got to be freaking kidding me. That's one of my main requirements when looking at a driving sim, and the reason why I never bothered with the last two Forza titles.

And how the eejits talked about the Ring.. No offense, but in every goddamn video, you americans all sound the same, no kidding, the same jokes, same sense of "humour", same voice, wtf is that, are they cloning you people there? I'm serious, anyone noticed this?
Quote from Boris Lozac :And how the eejits talked about the Ring.. No offense, but in every goddamn video, you americans all sound the same, no kidding, the same jokes, same sense of "humour", same voice, wtf is that, are they cloning you people there? I'm serious, anyone noticed this?

Let's not go down that path...and let's continue to talk about the game this specific thread is centered around.
Sorry, i just had to mention it, that video reminded me about that
Quote from Cue-Ball :"And for those not fluent in Italian, it's pronounced "Fort-za."

Ah well I take it back then, I'm annoyed at all the British people calling it "Four-za", myself included.
They should let the reviews be done by people who actually know what they're doing. This guy is a complete tard who can't drive for shit and probably doesn't know the first thing about vehicle dynamics and whatnot.

I definitely notice some stuttering as well at some points. Never during the menu parts, but once he gets in the car and the race starts there is some stuttering going on here and there. I don't think it's the game itself, though, 'cause that would be absolutely unacceptable.
Probably just a problem with the video.

As for the "reviewers" not being avid simracers; well, Forza clearly tries to appeal to a very wide audience. Therefore it makes sense that some reviewers are normal gamers.
I haven’t had chance to watch the video as yet due to being at work, however I agree on the testers/reviewers. If you had hardcore sim racers reviewing Forza 3 then I doubt it would score all the highly. However get someone who knows a little about it but is more a general game reviewer/racing reviewer on a game like forza they will be able to give a wider view on the game. FM3 is a mass market game and is advertised as being good for complete novices through to sim racers and so should be tested by novices through to sim racers to see how well it can cope with covering such a wide spread.

Personally speaking, the reviews mean very little to me. FM2 was good, the demo was good also = Certainty that I would buy FM3.
Quote from Greboth :Personally speaking, the reviews mean very little to me. FM2 was good, the demo was good also = Certainty that I would buy FM3.

Very sensible, similar to what I do. If a demo isn't available, I use a handful of reviews to get a general impression (both positive and negative), work out if I can live with whatever issues they say it has, and THEN think about risking the money to buy it.

Thankfully, my enjoyment of FM2 meant that this was pretty much a given day one purchase unless they did something REALLY wrong in development
I think the only thing that's killing the game for me is that auto-rev stuff...it's so annoying and very NFSesque. What were they thinking?!
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I think the only thing that's killing the game for me is that auto-rev stuff...it's so annoying and very NFSesque. What were they thinking?!

I hate, hate, HATE that! But it's just the tip of the iceberg for things about Forza 3 that bug me.

"Arcadey" pit stops.
No fuel strategy.
The damage is mostly cosmetic (Sure, you can damage your engine or make your steering a little wonky, but 120 mph into the wall and you can still drive away).
No yellow flags, full course cautions, or pace cars.
No staging, red lighting, burnouts, etc. on the drag strip.
No racing line or marbles.
No weather or temperature effects.
8 cars per race maximum (single or multiplayer)

Maybe I'm spoiled by LFS (which also is missing many of these things), or maybe my expectations are just too high. I'm sure I'm going to love the game, but these things all really bother me. I'd rather have 1/10th as many cars, but the above additions. Considering the time, energy, and money that's been put into making the physics possibly the best on the market, it's a shame that these things haven't been addressed in three major iterations of the game.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It cracked me up how they say Renault and Seat.

They say Renowlt and seet.

I think its becaus they dont have seat in the states and never realy heard of it
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I think its becaus they dont have seat in the states and never realy heard of it

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG