The online racing simulator
F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
Spanish tabloid in making up utter guff shocker?
Max has seriously Single handedely destroyed F1, If there is a breakway series i know which one ill be watching.
Quote from Mustafur :Max has seriously Single handedely destroyed F1, If there is a breakway series i know which one ill be watching.

Yeah, F1, because the other one will be too busy in court with Bernie to do any racing whatsoever.
Quote from TagForce :Yeah, F1, because the other one will be too busy in court with Bernie to do any racing whatsoever.

I don't watch GP2 now, what makes you think ill watch it next year.
Quote from Mustafur :I don't watch GP2 now, what makes you think ill watch it next year.

Then you watch nothing... Fine by me. F1 won't be GP2 next year, even if there's only 2 old teams left. Also, FOTACS (Formula One Teams Association Championship Series) won't be F1 with only 16 cars, soon to be 12 when the private teams still left will be unable to get the sponsorship required to make the field without a budgetcap.
Quote from TagForce :Then you watch nothing... Fine by me. F1 won't be GP2 next year, even if there's only 2 old teams left. Also, FOTACS (Formula One Teams Association Championship Series) won't be F1 with only 16 cars, soon to be 12 when the private teams still left will be unable to get the sponsorship required to make the field without a budgetcap.

The difference is that Atleast this championship will have Drivers worthy of being in the pinnicle.

Who would want to watch an F1 series were its just filled with cars that are extremely bodgy and 90% of the drivers are pay drivers.
If a "split" really happens I would watch both series and I bet 90% of the people claiming that they would stop watching F1 would do the same.
Le Mans has given FOTA a full thumbs up in case they want to switch over to Le Mans series.
The problem with all the fuss right now is: it's much easier to just say something sucks than to come up with something workable oneself... I bet as soon as a breakaway is final they'll all go into cut-throat-mode to try to get rules fitting their team best, ultimately failing because they can't find anything they can agree on...
Quote from DevilDare :Le Mans has given FOTA a full thumbs up in case they want to switch over to Le Mans series.

Just wait until the ACO is struck by FIA's Hammer of Doom.

If F1 manufacturers all flock to the Le Mans Series, I'm sure Bernie (if not Max) will have something to say about that. He's already threatened manufacturers with legal action if they form a break-away series. I won't be surprised if he challenges their participation in LMS or ALMS using some strange legal arguments.
#87 - 5haz
I wish the FIA would just stop meddling, the bastards should be on trial for murdering thriving sports car racing in cold blood around 20 years ago.
A decision should be made any minute on the outcome.

F1s Future lies in the hands of Hitler.
Equating Mosley with Hitler is a bit harsh. Yes, his father was a card-carrying fascist, but that doesn't necessarily mean Mosley is a Nazi.

He has an odd taste in sexual fantasies, however.

F1's future lies in the hands of Herr Spank and the Poison Dwarf.

Newsflash! The day has come: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76045

It looks like the FIA and most of the FOTA teams are going to dispute the list on the basis of contractual obligations. Ouch! This could be a very lengthy battle.
Quote :Team
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Scuderia Toro Rosso
Red Bull Racing
At&T Williams
Force India F1 Team
Campos Grand Prix
Manor Grand Prix
Team US F1
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes*
BMW Sauber F1 Team*
Renault F1 Team*
Panasonic Toyota Racing*
Brawn GP Formula One Team*

* These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.

The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the 2010 Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor. Pending completion of the discussions referred to above, further due diligence is currently taking place on other potential entries.

As expected really, apart from Campos and Manor.
#91 - SamH

LOL @ three posts with same content.

Leave off Ferrari, RBR, and STR. The FIA reckons they're contractually bound. The teams don't think so.
WTF is Manor Grand Prix? I keen to see Prodrive...
Is that Manor Competition? If so they've just offered a F Renault UK test to the British Karting Champion. Me thinks that championship has now just got a bit spicier
#95 - SamH
Quote from TexasLTU :WTF is Manor Grand Prix?

Great oaks from little acorns grow

Quote from Intrepid :Me thinks that championship has now just got a bit spicier

For once, Alan, I have to agree with you. It is the same Manor, btw.
mind you to be completely honest half the guys running that championship could afford to run their own F1 team (not joking)
Red Bull and Ferrari will leave and i can see it, if there gone this grid will be tiny(8 cars).
Quote from Mustafur :Red Bull and Ferrari will leave and i can see it, if there gone this grid will be tiny(8 cars).

If they go the FIA will get more teams from the list of reserves (entrants that didn't make the cut).
Quote from JackDaMaster :If they go the FIA will get more teams from the list of reserves (entrants that didn't make the cut).

even worse.
Regardless of all the politics, it will be awesome to see 26 cars on the grid next year.

F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG