The online racing simulator
F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
#51 - wild
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Ferrari wont leave F1 becaues they have a contract with Bernie. And without Ferrari, i don't think the rest of FOTA will leave. Max just called their bluff.

Ferrari are a strange bunch all talk but no play. They've done it before in the 80s if I remember, they built an indycar and threatened to go over there and leave F1.

I'm not sure if they will leave or not. They'll most likely get their own way . Yeah if they did want to leave don't you think they have enough money to buy out of their contract with the FIA?
#52 - 5haz
Quote from wild :That's not going to happen really. There will only be 13 teams on the grid next year with 26 drives

Well plenty of teams signing up, who knows even more teams may decide to sign up in the years to come, I think eventually we will end up with too many cars for the grid if the budget caps go ahead.

Quote from wild :As for Max's stupid new comment 'Going start your own series'. I wouldn't be surprised if the teams did. Bernie could let them use the name GP1 which he owns and off they go. I doubt that'll happen anytime soon though.

But a split in the series will only do damage, Mosely dosen't seem to know or care about that.

The best thing to do for the good of F1 would be to make some compromises and hopefully meet some kind of agreement with everyone mid-way, Mosely obviously isn't interested in the good of F1, its more as if he's desperate to prove and stamp his authority on everyone, perhaps hes paranoid that everyone wants rid of him, he certainly should be.
If rare teams enter, it's gonna be like GP2, or C.A.R.T., it's not gonna be F1...sad
#54 - 5haz
There was a time when F1 was full of small teams, many of them Privateers running old works cars, many of them entering perhaps only one or two races a season, if ever.

Its just the last 15 odd years, where rising budgets have put costs out of range of these small outfits.

It definately will be F1.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Ferrari wont leave F1 becaues they have a contract with Bernie. And without Ferrari, i don't think the rest of FOTA will leave. Max just called their bluff.

That'll be the same contract which says Ferrari have the power to veto on any new rule, such as say a 2-tier rulebook?
If the FIA can get away with ignoring legal contracts, im sure Ferrari can.
Imo if the 9 teams leave which is unlikely I would guess they would cancle there contracts and join the teams that have been accepted into 2010.

There is speculation if mosley rejects the entries that all the teams bar Toyota and Ferrari will quit FOTA, and re-apply.

There is only 7 days Till the deadline though.
#58 - 5haz
The Brabham family are willing to take legal action over one of the new teams using the name Brabham without their permission.
They should. The team is clearly attempting to use the name for commercial appeal.
Quote from 5haz :The Brabham family are willing to take legal action over one of the new teams using the name Brabham without their permission.

The fact was they bought the existing team from Bernie so i doubt they will have any case.
#61 - 5haz
I thought Brabham was bought from Bernie in 1988 by a Japanese company using a massive loan which they had no hope of ever paying back, causing them to go bust in 1992 and taking the loan company with them.

Funny how March is coming back, seeing as Max Mosely was one of the founders of March, perhaps Max wants to fill the grid with teams that he can actually control.
Quote from PaulC2K :That'll be the same contract which says Ferrari have the power to veto on any new rule, such as say a 2-tier rulebook?
If the FIA can get away with ignoring legal contracts, im sure Ferrari can.

Yes... However...
Ferrari has been ruled in breach of that contract and to have lost their right to veto major changes by forming the FOTA and essentially being in the opposition of the governing body. One of the terms in that contract was that Ferrari was to remain 'loyal to the FIA'. By forming the FOTA they gave up that loyalty and with that their right to veto decisions made by the FIA during the time in which they were involved in FOTA.

They were also ordered to compete in the 2010 and 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship by the court.

So, While the contract is as close to not existing as it will ever be, they've been ordered to stay and can't leave F1 for 2 years.
#63 - MR_B
Here here TagForce, however.

Quote from TagForce :
They were also ordered to compete in the 2010 and 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship by the court.

Did I miss a big part of F1's politics? When was this court case?
They can still get out of it but they will have to pay a huge fee to the FIA.
LOTUS IS BACK!!!

damn it makes you think with all these big names from the past joining in, if there is a breakaway series, F1 will still keep credibility.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090607092018.shtml

I do though hope everything is solved, but im very anxious over whos joining next year and what the rules will be.
Lotus in name, not in substance.
Quote from samjh :Lotus in name, not in substance.

They did get permission to use the name though.

It would be funny if they get Senna to drive with them.
They do have some Lotusness in that Nino Judge is ex-Lotus, and Jonny Herbert will be a driver coach. Hopefully they can get Lotus Road Cars to agree and have a formal relationship.
They Better have the Black and Gold livery.

Btw idk if they will get Lotus road cars to agree as they are part owned by Toyota so it might conflict.
Nope, it's majority owned by Proton. I don't think it is owned by Toyota at all.

I'd rather they went for a British Racing Green livery, although Prodrive might want that themselves ...
Litespeed's operation is just up the road. We visited to get tips from them because they used to run a Dallara F398 in ARP F3 (now BRSCC F3, formerly ClubF3). Apart from a bit more money and a few extra staff they didn't have much more expertise or ability than my Dad and I at home in our workshop.

I just don't see how an F3 team run by amateurs (albeit competent ones) will be able to make it in F1. It's not even as if they are any good in F3, running the rubbish 5 year old R1 chassis in the National Class...

My Dad and I would be just as good as an F1 entrant - read, not very.
#73 - JJ72
It's odd cos Lotus is still a very very small company, they wouldn't provide much technical support to the team, and frankly Litespeed is just unheard of....personally.

But then, we all love underdogs.
#74 - 5haz
Nah it'll be a shame if they give the Lotus name a bad reputation. Lotus must know something we don't giving their name away like that.

It's the same with legendary bands, they split up and when they come back 15 years later it just isn't the same.

FOTA teams dislike the budget cap is because they're putting millions into projects to clone Ross Brawn.

F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG