The online racing simulator
F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :Redbull got him because he is american, has a good racing name and it's just for marketing reasons i.e. to prove their driver search programme can actually produce an american F1 driver.

He was obviously "the best" among the driver search programme but that programme has never produce anything close to a real F1 talent.

Yep. To be one of the "best" you have to deserve your place in F1. If you get in because you have a lot of sponsorship behind you or you are a great deal for the team in terms of marketing (like Speed was) is not the same thing as getting into F1 because you have the talent, skill, ability to deserve your seat. If Speed was really one of "the best" then his team would never have dumped him and if they still had another team would have jumped at the chance to sign him. His team did dump him and no-one picked him up. I think that says it all.
Quote from amp88 :Yep. To be one of the "best" you have to deserve your place in F1. If you get in because you have a lot of sponsorship behind you or you are a great deal for the team in terms of marketing (like Speed was) is not the same thing as getting into F1 because you have the talent, skill, ability to deserve your seat. If Speed was really one of "the best" then his team would never have dumped him and if they still had another team would have jumped at the chance to sign him. His team did dump him and no-one picked him up. I think that says it all.

The silly fact is, in F1 if your not as good as your team mate people will think your not ment for it.

Speed would be even worse then piquet Jnr.
Quote from Mustafur :The silly fact is, in F1 if your not as good as your team mate people will think your not ment for it.

Why is it silly to measure someone against their teammate? It's the only true reference point to how well a driver is coping because they have identical equipment to their teammate. You can't compare drivers from different teams without taking into account the differences in machinery. Unless you have a truly exceptional teammate (like Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc) then it's the only true measure you can take of a driver without qualifying your thoughts by taking into account the machinery.
Quote from samjh :Well, speed doesn't necessarily dictate whether a category is the "pinnacle of motorsport". Around a road course, F1 is the pinnacle, true. Around an oval track, short road course, off-road, or straight-line drag, others rule the roost (IRL, superkarts, WRC, top-fuel drag racers, respectively), and I haven't even touched on endurance categories.

F1 is the pinnacle because of its combination of speed, driver ability, rich finances, historical prestige, and technological advancement, not merely speed alone. In recent years, speed, technology, and finances have all been tuned down. Going by current trends, Le Mans LMP1 teams could outstrip F1 in all but outright speed.

Really, an F1 car is only fastest around what it's designed for?! A road course is the ultimate test of any car, it includes almost all the environments that a car will encounter. Going as far as to compare to off-road or drag racing is a completely different area.

F1 has always been about engineering the fastest car within the rules set. The rules have always been restrictive compared to the technology available when the rules were set. When technology changes, new areas of development are available that the ruling body had not imagined. New rules are then necessary to keep things under control and make things harder work for the engineers.

The technology is available that anyone could make a powerful engine, or electronics to control a car, or any number of things not allowed in F1. The thing that makes F1 the 'pinnacle' is that it's still the fastest even with the restrictive rules.

I was at Brands yesterday, where a 1994 Benneton (no electronics) was destroying DP01 Champ Cars and Indy cars. A 15 year old car! The cars are even faster now, so there's just no comparison.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Another team called Superfund (?? thats the worst name I've ever heard. sound like some dodgy financial trap) which will be led by Alex Wurz as Team Principle

That's because Superfund are the sponsor, IIRC they are some Austrian investment outfit. They tried having their own series replacing the lower F3000 one involving Judd V10s and a car that looks a little like the SF one, however it never materialized. Karl Wendlinger was the development driver for the series, and IIRC some pretty big teams (Durango, Astromega) were lined up for it.
Quote from duke_toaster :That's because Superfund are the sponsor, IIRC they are some Austrian investment outfit. They tried having their own series replacing the lower F3000 one involving Judd V10s and a car that looks a little like the SF one, however it never materialized. Karl Wendlinger was the development driver for the series, and IIRC some pretty big teams (Durango, Astromega) were lined up for it.

Yep, they also used to be one of Minardi's main sponsors.
Scott speed isn't even NASCAR able. He's already failed to qualify many times in a midfielder car. Quite pathetic tbh
Quote from 5haz :Engine design should not be restricted to a given layout or capacity, it should be limited through fuel consumption, I'd love to see some variety with teams taking varying approaches, and if power gets out of hand, allowed fuel consumption/ available fuel can be lowered to bring the power down, then if power rises again, it can be lowered again, as a result engine technology could get increasingly efficient.

Like this idea, but then agian this will probably bring deisels into the equation or petrols with low revs, F1 without high Revs is not F1.
Nah, if the rules are done properly with fuel flow, then high revving petrols will almost certainly be the order of the day. Diesels can't hold a candle to a petrol engine (unless your rules allow one of the to be turbocharged whilst the other isn't).
#35 - 5haz
Quote from Mustafur :Like this idea, but then agian this will probably bring deisels into the equation or petrols with low revs, F1 without high Revs is not F1.

I shudder at the thought of diesel F1 cars, it must not be allowed!

But I think engines sounded better when they revved to 10-11k rpm than what they do now.
#37 - 5haz
Looks like we'll be seeing the return of Prequalifying and scores of pay drivers not making the grid at this rate.
Yeah seems like theres quite a bit of teams joining heh.

Monaco already has enough traffic as it is, imagine with something like 4-5 new teams meaning about 10 more cars ! O_O
It would be nice to get a list of all the teams applying for entry to the 2010 season in the original post.
Original post is updated will all the teams that applied and reported to want to join but missed the deadline which could be adjusted.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Villadelprat = Epsilon Euskadi

ahh sorry, I just went from what F1live said and they didn't actually mention the team name so this was my guess.
#44 - 5haz
Not only does Max have Nazi fetishs but he can turn the Pinicle of Motorsport into a dud series within a few years, with rules completely stupid even the average joe could afford a team.

name something this guy can't do.
#46 - 5haz
He's going to have to make some compromises, the current sets of rules are stupid, especially a two tier system, standing completely firm is just stupid.

Also because the FIA keep meddling with the rules, loads of new teams are signing up due to rule changes that will probrably end up not happening. The FIA is a farce.
Quote from Mustafur :Not only does Max have Nazi fetishs but he can turn the Pinicle of Motorsport into a dud series within a few years, with rules completely stupid even the average joe could afford a team.

name something this guy can't do.

You haven't been watching F1 for very long, have you?
Quote from tristancliffe :You haven't been watching F1 for very long, have you?

I know he has been controlling F1 since the 90s but, now we don't know weather it will exist, when last year was probably one of the most viewed and challenged seasons for a Very long time.

And i haven't been watching F1 for very long since the early 2000s but im very imformed on whats happened for the past 20 years.
#49 - wild
Quote from 5haz :Looks like we'll be seeing the return of Prequalifying and scores of pay drivers not making the grid at this rate.

That's not going to happen really. There will only be 13 teams on the grid next year with 26 drives

As for Max's stupid new comment 'Going start your own series'. I wouldn't be surprised if the teams did. Bernie could let them use the name GP1 which he owns and off they go. I doubt that'll happen anytime soon though.
Ferrari wont leave F1 becaues they have a contract with Bernie. And without Ferrari, i don't think the rest of FOTA will leave. Max just called their bluff.

F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG