The online racing simulator
F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
All the teams have submitted their entries for next season wtih the FOTA members putting in a conditional entires.

Also 9 New teams applied for next season with USGPE, Prodrive, Lola, March, Litespeed, N.Technology, Superfund, Brabham, Campos with Reports of isport, RML and Epsilon Euskadi joining as well.

Speculation is saying that the cap will be triple of what the FIA originaly proposed.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090529164838.shtml
March?!

You mean Campos.
4 new teams??
Quote from JackDaMaster :March?!

You mean Campos.

Nope they are going to be called MarchF1.

but the fact is, if the FIA don't go by the FOTA guidelines, F1 will be ruined as the only team from the current season that will take part will be Williams.

and if they go by the FOTA guidlines most of the other teams that applied will have to withdraw.

This all has to be finalised by June 12th.
Quote from Mustafur :Nope they are going to be called MarchF1.

but the fact is, if the FIA don't go by the FOTA guidelines, F1 will be ruined as the only team from the current season that will take part will be Williams.

and if they go by the FOTA guidlines most of the other teams that applied will have to withdraw.

This all has to be finalised by June 12th.

I think its fantastic, and as a long standing F1 fan i hope the whole thing blows up in the FIA's face because im sick & tired of them messing about with the rules without consulting the people which make F1 what it is, and thats the teams. If you chose to completely ignore their opinion, then this is what happens.

This season is already quickly becoming the most exciting season since Schumacher won the season after winning 12 of the first 13 rounds or Mansells winning 8 of the first 10 races.
Still despite this, the media (the people paying to broadcast the races) will tell you its the most exciting season in years, simply because a team who decided to give up on their 2008 season after half a dozen races, have now got a decent car. Maybe thats what all teams should do? Turn up at Melbourne, if you dont win then sacrifice the season and start on next seasons car.
#6 - JJ72
Woah MARCH! The name alone gives me a tickling feeling, so much nostalgia.
#7 - samjh
Quote from Mustafur :All the teams have submitted their entries for next season wtih the FOTA members putting in a conditional entires.

Speculation is saying that the cap will be triple of what the FIA originaly proposed.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090529164838.shtml

FOTA is going for a no-cap proposal, but with non-performance-related cost-cutting measures and technical partnerships with new teams (sort of a watered-down version of what RBR is doing with STR).

Frankly, a cost cap is not practical.
Quote from samjh :FOTA is going for a no-cap proposal, but with non-performance-related cost-cutting measures and technical partnerships with new teams (sort of a watered-down version of what RBR is doing with STR).

Frankly, a cost cap is not practical.

Apprently Most of the teams are happy with a gradual cost cap which goes from unrestricted in 2010 to 100 Million pound cap at after 3-4 years.

But imo cost capping limits the Profile of F1.

They should in-courage it with rewards for doing so not inforce it, But i did like the technical freedom part of the cost cap.

F1 needs a major speed boost, Its 2009 and where over 1 second a lap slower then the 04 spec cars.

F1 is about going forward, afterall its the Pinnicle of Motorsport.
#9 - amp88
Quote from Mustafur :F1 needs a major speed boost, Its 2009 and where over 1 second a lap slower then the 04 spec cars.

Haven't you been paying attention to F1 in the past? How many performance enhancing technical devices or concepts have been banned or severely restricted before? Sliding skirts, turbochargers, ABS, traction control, flexible wings, exotic fuel blends, multi-element rear wings, flat floors etc. Then there are the various rule changes that have happened over the years to slow the cars down (like reduction in engine sizes, grooved tyres, narrower track, forced open wheels, narrower wings etc). One of the reasons for these rule changes is to intentionally slow cars down. If there had been no blocking measures put in place there's no doubt 2009 F1 cars could be massively quicker than they are just now. The problem is the faster the cars go the more stress there is on the driver and the components that make up the car. A major mechanical failure (like brake failure, suspension or wing collapse) with the cars travelling 250+ mph down the straights and much faster in the corners than currently would be a lot more difficult to contain than it is now. Also, the limiting factor on car performance could become driver fatigue rather than driver skill. I don't know how many people would watch that.
#10 - JJ72
Quote from Mustafur :F1 needs a major speed boost, Its 2009 and where over 1 second a lap slower then the 04 spec cars.

yeah, with 2 less cylinders, 0.6L less displacement and 200 less hp, and more restriction on downforce levels......they are almost just as fast!

I think it already demonstrate F1 as the pinnacle of motorsports, that you can produce a car almost as fast with less resources, engineering isn't always about bigger and faster, it can also be about minimalism and effeciency.
#11 - 5haz
Engine design should not be restricted to a given layout or capacity, it should be limited through fuel consumption, I'd love to see some variety with teams taking varying approaches, and if power gets out of hand, allowed fuel consumption/ available fuel can be lowered to bring the power down, then if power rises again, it can be lowered again, as a result engine technology could get increasingly efficient.
im trying to imagine if USGP cars are going to be able to turn right? jk
Quote from JJ72 :Woah MARCH! The name alone gives me a tickling feeling, so much nostalgia.

YES! YES! YES! Lola as well. Maybe not F1, but I welcome the nameplate.

Let's see Jag, Lotus, and Tyrrell!!!

They'll have to add in some gratitious 70's music and old, fuzzy camera work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrROmVJT2s The soundtrack for the 2010 season. Bellbottomed driving suits, anyone?
I wantd to have scott speed back.
#17 - SamH
Scott Speed is not up to F1 driver standards. He's a complete imbecile, actually.
Quote from SamH :Scott Speed is not up to F1 driver standards. He's a complete imbecile, actually.

Sounds familiar.
#19 - SamH

They'll stop being the "Pinnacle of motorsport" when they stop being the fastest vehicle round a track.

Quote from BaitNWait :I wantd to have scott speed back.

Are you serious?!
Scott Speed is one of the best open-wheel drivers in the world...according to himself:

Quote from Scott Speed :I’ll never be as good at stock car racing as I was at open wheel. I still consider myself one of the best open-wheel drivers in the world. I doubt I’ll ever beat Jimmie Johnson… but I think I’m going to try and push him.

Another team called Superfund (?? thats the worst name I've ever heard. sound like some dodgy financial trap) which will be led by Alex Wurz as Team Principle
Quote from 5haz :Engine design should not be restricted to a given layout or capacity, it should be limited through fuel consumption, I'd love to see some variety with teams taking varying approaches, and if power gets out of hand, allowed fuel consumption/ available fuel can be lowered to bring the power down, then if power rises again, it can be lowered again, as a result engine technology could get increasingly efficient.

That is a great idea, but then the teams would spend hundreds of millions on engine development. Not quite the low cost F1 FIA is hoping for.
Quote from spookthehamster :They'll stop being the "Pinnacle of motorsport" when they stop being the fastest vehicle round a track.

Give me £1,000,000 and I am pretty confident within a year I could have a car faster than a modern F1 car.... in fact VERY easily

True 'F1' died the day it became over regulated back in the 60s
Quote from amp88 :Scott Speed is one of the best open-wheel drivers in the world...according to himself

Well, you have have to be one of best to get into F1. They don't hire pumpkins (well, maybe with the exception of Yuji Ide).

Quote from spookthehamster :They'll stop being the "Pinnacle of motorsport" when they stop being the fastest vehicle round a track.

Well, speed doesn't necessarily dictate whether a category is the "pinnacle of motorsport". Around a road course, F1 is the pinnacle, true. Around an oval track, short road course, off-road, or straight-line drag, others rule the roost (IRL, superkarts, WRC, top-fuel drag racers, respectively), and I haven't even touched on endurance categories.

F1 is the pinnacle because of its combination of speed, driver ability, rich finances, historical prestige, and technological advancement, not merely speed alone. In recent years, speed, technology, and finances have all been tuned down. Going by current trends, Le Mans LMP1 teams could outstrip F1 in all but outright speed.
#25 - JJ72
Quote from samjh :Well, you have have to be one of best to get into F1. They don't hire pumpkins (well, maybe with the exception of Yuji Ide).

Redbull got him because he is american, has a good racing name and it's just for marketing reasons i.e. to prove their driver search programme can actually produce an american F1 driver.

He was obviously "the best" among the driver search programme but that programme has never produce anything close to a real F1 talent.

(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG