The online racing simulator
Quote from Agarash :
Description of Incident: passing me few times under full course yellow

This is not a protest I am making, but a word of caution... Never pass until the green flag is waved.
(you know who you are... )

again... patience, my friend...
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Quote from AstroBoy :Lap & Timecode: Lap 28, 27:57

Cars involved: 44 and 86

Description of incident: Checked into the outside wall.

Lap & Timecode: Lap 35, 33:35

Cars involved: 302 and 86

Description of incident: Drifting up and spun me.

What session?
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Practice Session Number: 8
Lap and Timecode: lap 23 -- time 0h:23m:14s
Cars involved: 777 , 101
Description of Incident: 777 rides right in to 101 and cause spin of 101 (under SC)

==========

Question , if pits are close can we go in the pits ,or just we can pit and must wayit on end of the pits for green and go?

What Happend? , When Whas starting the last Full Yellow #38 overtake some drivers ,what? don't understand that correctly . When we where three wide od starting i don't care for special grid i take the last place of the three cars wat was together. But after this one overtaking under yellow (55lap ,0h:49m:45s ) two cars ? what? pls explaint that to me .
#104 - Ori
Sad. Simply sad.
Dear NDR-Officials,

it is shattering to see that after numeruous practice sessions there has been almost no improvement. I will take 6 Teien and 73 O'Keefe as examples. The start of session 8 for instance. After numberless practices with the known starting conditions 6 Teien steps on the throttle and gives it a manouver like he was driving alone, although he has seen at least two drivers in the left just a second before. Now let's do some cause study: How can it be that after so many sessions someone does this? The logical explanation to this is that the driver must be mentally handycaped. This is not ment as an offence but in objective and medical terms. Lets move to the second example, 73 O'Keefe: Although beeing asked friendly, warned and shouted numberless times, he hasn't changed his behaviour. Moreover, he continues to warm tyres, brake and accelerate, jump out of the file, pass under yellow and crash people even under safety car.

Summing up one obviously has to ask: Why haven't the stewards done anything yet - especially minding the fact that there is a major event in less than 24 hours? I do doubt there is an excuse for this, since obviously none of you has even had a look on the replays, which is the least to be done by people claiming to be proper stewards. I hereby once again ask u to act.

yours sincerely and outrageously disappointed,

Ori
Quote from Ori :Dear NDR-Officials,

it is shattering to see that after numeruous practice sessions there has been almost no improvement. I will take 6 Teien and 73 O'Keefe as examples. The start of session 8 for instance. After numberless practices with the known starting conditions 6 Teien steps on the throttle and gives it a manouver like he was driving alone, although he has seen at least two drivers in the left just a second before. Now let's do some cause study: How can it be that after so many sessions someone does this? The logical explanation to this is that the driver must be mentally handycaped. This is not ment as an offence but in objective and medical terms. Lets move to the second example, 73 O'Keefe: Although beeing asked friendly, warned and shouted numberless times, he hasn't changed his behaviour. Moreover, he continues to warm tyres, brake and accelerate, jump out of the file, pass under SC and crash people even under safety car.

Summing up one obviously has to ask: Why haven't the stewards done anything yet - especially minding the fact that there is a major event in less than 24 hours? I do doubt there is an excuse for this, since obviously none of you has even had a look on the replays, which is the least to be done by people claiming to be proper stewards. I hereby once again ask u to act.

Ori

Good point... The Race officials have the right to deem ANYONE unsafe to race the 500 at ANYTIME. This means that some of you drivers really need to think about your skills and how to improve them.

Being booted from racing the Kyoto 500 for poor driving skills would really be embarrassing (at least for me it would). Again, don't be afraid to ask questions about how to handle your car in certain situations. (start a new topic in the forums or PM a good driver for help). I, for one, like to help people improve. I'm not saying I knoiw everything (i still have much to learn), but if I can make a difference, then I did my job. The better driver you are, the safer and FASTER you will go!

it is shattering to see that after numeruous practice sessions there has been almost no improvement. I will take 6 Teien and 73 O'Keefe as examples. The start of session 8 for instance. After numberless practices with the known starting conditions 6 Teien steps on the throttle and gives it a manouver like he was driving alone, although he has seen at least two drivers in the left just a second before. Now let's do some cause study: How can it be that after so many sessions someone does this? The logical explanation to this is that the driver must be mentally handycaped. This is not ment as an offence but in objective and medical terms. Lets move to the second example, 73 O'Keefe: Although beeing asked friendly, warned and shouted numberless times, he hasn't changed his behaviour. Moreover, he continues to warm tyres, brake and accelerate, jump out of the file, pass under yellow and crash people even under safety car.

Ori

Am glad to see it's not just me who is pissed off at it all, hopefully the admins will pull their heads out of the sand and take note, for the sake of everyone.

Amen to that.
@ Skydiver173
It`s good to know that there are people willing to help.

@ Ori
I agree with you about reactions (or lack of reactions) by Race Control. As you all remember I`ve made some beginners mistakes in first practices, but now, after some helpful advices from experienced fellow racers and a lot of practice I hope that I won`t be causing problems.

Once again, it would be great if we all obey FM oval racing rules!
If something is regulated by the rules and sanctioned, less people would decide to drive by their own rules.

Ori

If my memory serves correctly, the incident you are discussing here regarding Car 6 was dealt with in-race by a Stop-Go Penalty.

But seriously, guys, please, I'm not too happy with your frustrations. Yes, I appreciate being told what's wrong, I may miss it. I am only a bloody human, I do miss things. I'm sorry, but I can't help that. I do know who some cars are that are on the "short list" for this event - they will be receiving most of my attention at further review of the sessions so far. But seriously, folk, Just whining about it and not helping me by giving specific examples makes it a lot slower to go through. When I don't have specific examples, I revert to going through each replay, one car at a time, watching their whole damn run, mostly at 2x, but when I see something, I'll go back and review it real time at least three times if it's anything significant. I mark it down. I don't take this event lightly, even though you all might think so. But, remember, I'm in my final time here at Uni, and with commencement on 13th June, after that, I should have some more free time. But seriously guys, remember, LFS is NOT my life, it's NOT a full-time job. If i was getting paid enough to live my life for adminning this, I'd be putting in 70 hours a week into reviewing replays and all the other stuff.

So, in short, I'll be spending the next few days, no finals until Wednesday, going through every damnned replay, car by car. Thanks for your help with specific incidents, it will make it go quicker. If you really want to help improve, give me specific examples. Just express a little more patience, and tolerate some silence from me. It's honestly frustrating.

dekojester
When people give 'specicfic' examples, the most the person responsible gets is one of your WARNINGS.

Allowing over 40 people to enter an event is always going to cause massive problems for admin.
Quote from dekojester :So, in short, I'll be spending the next few days, no finals until Wednesday, going through every damnned replay, car by car. Thanks for your help with specific incidents, it will make it go quicker. If you really want to help improve, give me specific examples. Just express a little more patience, and tolerate some silence from me. It's honestly frustrating.

dekojester

...and this goes back to waht I've said in a previous post:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1178560#post1178560

Everyony should be doing the same thing. Go through each replay from the perspective of every car and learn from them. We've got 3 weeks to get our acts together.
Quote from BranislavS :Practice Session Number: 8
Lap and Timecode: lap 23 -- time 0h:23m:14s
Cars involved: 777 , 101
Description of Incident: 777 rides right in to 101 and cause spin of 101 (under SC)

==========

Question , if pits are close can we go in the pits ,or just we can pit and must wayit on end of the pits for green and go?

What Happend? , When Whas starting the last Full Yellow #38 overtake some drivers ,what? don't understand that correctly . When we where three wide od starting i don't care for special grid i take the last place of the three cars wat was together. But after this one overtaking under yellow (55lap ,0h:49m:45s ) two cars ? what? pls explaint that to me .

Im 777, and really it wasn't that big of a hit you didn't even Spin out and you kept postion with no visable damage.

I was behind you and you stopped suddenly i was going around 150kph and locked the Brakes then i lost a bit of control as i turned back in and nipped you, you went one way kept the postion and went ahead.
Quote from dekojester :If my memory serves correctly, the incident you are discussing here regarding Car 6 was dealt with in-race by a Stop-Go Penalty.

But seriously, guys, please, I'm not too happy with your frustrations. Yes, I appreciate being told what's wrong, I may miss it. I am only a bloody human, I do miss things. I'm sorry, but I can't help that. I do know who some cars are that are on the "short list" for this event - they will be receiving most of my attention at further review of the sessions so far. But seriously, folk, Just whining about it and not helping me by giving specific examples makes it a lot slower to go through. When I don't have specific examples, I revert to going through each replay, one car at a time, watching their whole damn run, mostly at 2x, but when I see something, I'll go back and review it real time at least three times if it's anything significant. I mark it down. I don't take this event lightly, even though you all might think so. But, remember, I'm in my final time here at Uni, and with commencement on 13th June, after that, I should have some more free time. But seriously guys, remember, LFS is NOT my life, it's NOT a full-time job. If i was getting paid enough to live my life for adminning this, I'd be putting in 70 hours a week into reviewing replays and all the other stuff.

So, in short, I'll be spending the next few days, no finals until Wednesday, going through every damnned replay, car by car. Thanks for your help with specific incidents, it will make it go quicker. If you really want to help improve, give me specific examples. Just express a little more patience, and tolerate some silence from me. It's honestly frustrating.

dekojester

i feel srry 4 u m8, they may as well piss on u.

is it possible for 1 or 2 people u trust to help out?
Quote from imaquad :i feel srry 4 u m8, they may as well piss on u.

is it possible for 1 or 2 people u trust to help out?

agreed,

Right now, Im watching the 400 race replay through LFS and through the broadcast on Windows Media player, (in sync and at the same time... yes, I'm taking notes too. Muhuhuhahaaa. :banghead: )

So... between your organizing, scheduling, the paperwork, the drivers, the practices, the events, your school, etc... I know you've got a load on your shoulders, so if you need anything, let me know.

just don't ask me to do your homework, lol
Quote from Skydiver173 :just don't ask me to do your homework, lol

when started reading your post, I just wanted to ask it why do you destroy my wish
Quote from TFalke55 :when started reading your post, I just wanted to ask it why do you destroy my wish

How much are you paying?
Protest against Admins , Practice sesion 10
car 71 under safety car conditions on lap 37 hit car 61 , and because that the admin give me DQ.
Reason : not slowing down car to apropriate speed.

Next time before judgment look the replay.

My car was damaged ,my wheel on straight was not in his position and I was draiwing with 250km/h high in the corner 2.
On out off the corner 2 mr. car 61. was down on the start of apron, then mr. car 61. suddenli get in reversed and hit the gass up to the highest line on race track . When I see him to HE IS GO UP I was hit the break and managed to slowdown on under 200 km/h , and try to avoid accident what is he caused, before I hit him .

I subscribed two photos to se yourself what is realy happend.
Attached images
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
Quote from Ki-Men :Protest against Admins , Practice sesion 10
car 71 under safety car conditions on lap 37 hit car 61 , and because that the admin give me DQ.
Reason : not slowing down car to apropriate speed.

Next time before judgment look the replay.

My car was damaged ,my wheel on straight was not in his position and I was draiwing with 250km/h high in the corner 2.
On out off the corner 2 mr. car 61. was down on the start of apron, then mr. car 61. suddenli get in reversed and hit the gass up to the highest line on race track . When I see him to HE IS GO UP I was hit the break and managed to slowdown on under 200 km/h , and try to avoid accident what is he caused, before I hit him .

I subscribed two photos to se yourself what is realy happend.

The incident was my fault when i looked at the replay. The field was relatively close and when I wrecked I assumed that I was clear and didn't check the map to see who else my be coming. Again, my fault

I'll take responsibility for this
O Man shit is happening all the times, that is life and this protest thread was not against you.
Dont worry be happy
With regards to the DQ, that was the second time you collided with a car under caution, the first time was lap 13. Myself and Deko saw the crash between #61 and #71 as it happened, Deko DQ'd you. I let him know about the previous incident having viewed the replay on that one, so that probably influenced his judgement as well.

On lap 13 you were going almost 180mph between T1 and T2, under caution, with a Yellow flag on your screen, and 3 cars crashed ahead of you on the map. You only started slowing 80m before car #44, and only reduced your speed to 140mph on impact. The safety car queue was in T2, so you should not have been going that fast - its a caution, not a race - the safety car travels at 140kph/86mph so you can easily catch it.

I didn't check the replay of lap 37 until after I had done the rescuing of car 61 but IMO you were in the wrong going 150mph+ in a damaged car, with a yellow flag on screen and crashed cars ahead - so even though Wang drove up the racetrack, you should've still been able to slow the car down enough to miss him. All my opinions, these do not necessarily reflect the views of NDR.
There are quite a few people that don't use mirrors that nearly cause disasters. If you dont look left AND right AND behind you, you don't belong here. This is only the ones I've seen so far as I check the replay.
(spec from my cockpit to see)

322 - (44:10) and stealing drafts (not using mirrors).
61 - (28:25) bumping then not checking mirrors to see if lane is clear.

Normally, I will not complain, but this is serious stuff. If you can't drive correctly, you don't belong here.

As we get closer to the actual race, I promise you'll be hearing more from me.

EDIT: As I watch the replay, Here's a tip for some of you guys. Practice (off-line) with the racing line turned on (press 4). Can you keep the line in BETWEEN your tires for 1 full lap? How about 5 laps?
Quote from Skydiver173 :...
If you dont look left AND right AND behind you, you don't belong here.

THAT'S THE THING!!
looks alot the kyoto250 protest thread..........

read quoute below.
Quote from boothy :On lap 13 you were going almost 180mph between T1 and T2, under caution, with a Yellow flag on your screen, and 3 cars crashed ahead of you on the map. You only started slowing 80m before car #44, and only reduced your speed to 140mph on impact. The safety car queue was in T2, so you should not have been going that fast - its a caution, not a race - the safety car travels at 140kph/86mph so you can easily catch it.

Yea , I see that two cars down and I decide to stay high , the third car I was not see where is it , maybe because my LFS drowing the other cars and objects when they are inside on 150 meters.
And when I spotted him I was to close and suprised with the position he have on the track , and nobady of admins was dont say anything abaut of position of the cars , and the car 44 what is was going to backward on the track abaut 17km/h on the moment off collision cutting with that my time to reaktions.
Crash!
On that moment on ventrilo someone say "Shit is happends".
Because that accident I was paid the price because I was must to go to repair.
The following incidents from Session 10 have been slated for investigation, in addition to those protested:

#1:
Lap 3; 3 minutes
Cars 58, 12, 80, 08
Description: Incident on main straight at start. Cars 58, 12, 08, and 80 contact, and possible lag sends Cars 12 and 08 flying, damageto 58 also.

#2:
Lap 11, 11m40s
Cars 16, 27, and 123
Description: Cars 16 and 27 contact in turn 3, spining both, Car 16 rolls, and 123 collected.

#3:
Lap 13, 12m55s
Cars 707, 44, 51
Description: Car 707 hits 44 under caution, causing Car 44 to spin. Car 51 caught in as victim.

#4:
Lap 37, 33m30s
Cars 61, 616, 81
Description: Cars 616 and 61 contact in turn 2, spinning, and collecting car 81.

#5:
Lap 43, 39m55s
Cars 123, 09, 322, 707
Description: Cars 123, 09, and 322 contact on frontstraight on restart. Car 09 spins, and car 707 is collected.

#6:
Lap 80, 1h07m50s
Cars 53, 81, 707
Description: Cars 53 and 81 contact on the main straight, and start to spin, collecting car 707 in the process

d
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG