The online racing simulator
[LCC] London City Cruisers
(144 posts, closed, started )
DNS - Domain Name System(or server)

IP - Internet Protocol

Im pretty sure you don't use a domain to connect to a server through LFS. Otherwise LFS would have you specify a domain, not a ip?
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :DNS - Domain Name System(or server)

IP - Internet Protocol

Im pretty sure you don't use a domain to connect to a server through LFS. Otherwise LFS would have you specify a domain, not a ip?

A domain name can be set to point at an IP..... In case that you are hosting a server and have a dynamic IP(well, for LFS this isn't quite needed), you can set a domain name from which people will be able to connect to your server. There are even free dns providers... There is an example of a free one: http://www.dyndns.com/

In most games you have to specify the IP of the server to join. But in the field for the IP (logically) you have to be able to type in a domain name too.

But, then again, in LFS this would (in most of the cases) be needed if it has something do with cracked servers, imo...

But still... Problems with the DNS server? How would that matter in LFS, as long as your IP is real(or more like: the needed ports are opened). If your IP isn't accessible it's not the DNS' fault - it's more like your router or it's firewall or your own PC firewall.

Or was all I said just bs?
Stig wat happend to ur F&F team you joined and SC oh or are you backstabing them all
Quote from fwj515 :Stig wat happend to ur F&F team you joined and SC oh or are you backstabing them all

What about you.... Every team you join - you claim that you will host them a server, and make them give you their "insim"... After which it's most likely seen in a "new" cruise server.... After that the "insim" creator/modifier gets to see his "insim" on 5 more "new" servers after a few days(and if this isn't backstabbing i don't know). Then you whine like hell when you get kicked out..

If I ever had to choose whether to be with you or with stig in the same team... I'd definetly choose stig.. Note: This is not a compliment.
Well,

Its my internet for goodness sakes
Yes I will host them, if they will take my offer up .
HI BILLY MAYS HERE.
But er... When will you ever learn?
For last time: Using my insim app is something really really really(and I mean really) lame thing to do. The insim has usage protection since the moment it was firstly "stolen" by some of the people that were going to host OsC. The insim has this specific option, which I decided to name "drive crazy", which makes the insim check if it is allowed to be used or not. If it's not - it will say some stuff, which include the admin password. This means that your admin password is going to be known by everyone in the server and everyone spectating from lfs remote(if the server is put there).

Anyway, if the insim is just simply deactivated it will spam "insim is awaiting activation bla bla bla" after every message of some of the users.

The insim also has commands that tell admin password and deactivation key for the specific server. If someone has the deactivation key, they can disable the insim or trigger the "drive crazy" option, as soon as they learn what's the command to do so.

So: If you still want to get my insim and run it on your server, first think what a big headache it could be for you, and 2nd - think if it's really fair using something you haven't been given premission to use.
And mind that the latest version you have - the better the protection system is. As it's a feature which is still being developped.

Also mind that if I was mean enough I would've posted the LCC admin pass in here, since I'm kinda getting tired of this.

And again: This is the last time I'm saying it. And in case you forgot I'm going to repeat: Using OsC insim in your server without permission is a really lame thing to do.

I guess (The Stig) will start telling everyone that I hack servers as soon as I join some, but well, that's the consequences of not keeping my insim close to me.
And, Stig, saying "Ryan gave me this insim" or something similar every time I see you in LFS/MSN/anywhere just makes me dislike you(not Ryan) even more. Just thought I should remind you this too.
Oh comeone broken PERSONAL USEAGE that means I CANNOT USE IT FOR MULITPLAYER why dont you release a publicated one for OsC and just put a activation thing for only Single Player usage. And btw broken i'll delete it if need be
this thread gets funnier and funnier... :hide:
Quote from bunder9999 :this thread gets funnier and funnier... :hide:

@Stig: I'll just ignore what you said.. Hope you get what I mean.
#87 - wild
Quote from (The Stig) :Oh comeone broken PERSONAL USEAGE that means I CANNOT USE IT FOR MULITPLAYER why dont you release a publicated one for OsC and just put a activation thing for only Single Player usage. And btw broken i'll delete it if need be

You shouldn't have the application in the first place, unless you have specific permission from Broken to do so and from what I gather from one of his posts, you don't. So why do you have it?

Also could you please tell us your age, I'm sure there's quite a few people including myself dying to know what it is
Quote from wild :You shouldn't have the application in the first place, unless you have specific permission from Broken to do so and from what I gather from one of his posts, you don't. So why do you have it?

Also could you please tell us your age, I'm sure there's quite a few people including myself dying to know what it is

He has said hes 9, 10, 14, 16 and 31. Your guess is as goood as mine :P
#89 - CSF
This is pathetic.
I think that I'll stop writing in this thread(or maybe even unsubscribe from it). I'm already kinda getting bored of it really.
Let me ask the question WHY did you even bring it up in this post as it makes no sense and its going off-topic if you got a problem with us why dont you post it at www.londoncitycruisers.yourbb.eu .
Like he can be bothered to register and post there?
Quote from Bose321 :Like he can be bothered to register and post there?

even if he did, there's a 90% chance he'll get insta-banned, or banned a couple days after making his first post...
#94 - wild
Quote from bunder9999 :even if he did, there's a 90% chance he'll get insta-banned, or banned a couple days after making his first post...

If you don't mind me asking who are you going on about, Broken?
I lol'd
Hey how's your Tornado Hosting going? ROFL
Haha, Mr Stig's Threads are the best. I gotta track him! :munching_ Good luck with LCC, I hope to hear more problems and excuses in the near future.
Well why are we going off-topic

News

Well finally we're into our 2nd year and yes we have a server up 24/7 with insim (Part Time Insim) and from this time on we will be bringing in new rules and these alone will sort out our problems which we have with you and the whole of the LFS Comunitee and so from now on any childish behavior will be automaticly kicked from our servers and also banned if need be, NOBODY who are childish will be in our comunitee espcially ryan.hynes , and anyone who wants to speak to me post in here maybe and moderators aswell comments on the team are welcome.
Quote from (The Stig) :and so from now on any childish behavior will be automaticly kicked from our servers and also banned if need be, NOBODY who are childish will be in our comunitee espcially ryan.hynes , and anyone who wants to speak to me post in here maybe and moderators aswell comments on the team are welcome.

in other words, every single one of us will get banned for laughing at stig. :rolleyes:
Quote from (The Stig) :Well why are we going off-topic

News

Well finally we're into our 2nd year and yes we have a server up 24/7 with insim (Part Time Insim) and from this time on we will be bringing in new rules and these alone will sort out our problems which we have with you and the whole of the LFS Comunitee and so from now on any childish behavior will be automaticly kicked from our servers and also banned if need be, NOBODY who are childish will be in our comunitee espcially ryan.hynes , and anyone who wants to speak to me post in here maybe and moderators aswell comments on the team are welcome.

Shut up is it in your 2nd year?!?!?!? lol
This thread is closed

[LCC] London City Cruisers
(144 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG