The online racing simulator
LFS Ingame meeting room. Attempt 2.
(196 posts, started )
Well, still going great there
It wasn't just you, but you were the majority.

"Oh officer, it wasn't just me that stabbed this poor lad to death, there were others too, am I free to go?".
My cool idea about talking somethin cool as in a meeting got ruined by specific guys talking with Scirocco or spamming randomly
YOU NOOBS CRASHED THE FREAKIN GTAL RACE

Thanks a million :bitehard:
Quote from EliteAti :YOU NOOBS CRASHED THE FREAKIN GTAL RACE

Thanks a million :bitehard:

As far as I know, NOOB = New player

Sooo, not sure that really works....
Quote from The Very End :Think we'll crash the whole thing if there is 100 people there lol!

Greetings from Norway, have to say that...
i wonder how long until his account gets master banned.

if it doesn't, i'm giving him a 999 anyways.

and i feel sorry for SLRT, for having to put up with him.
Quote from DevilDare :As far as I know, NOOB = New player

NOOBS in chatroom
Quote from DevilDare :As far as I know, NOOB = New player

NOOB is someone that is a...................wel noob that cant race for example.

a Newbie is someone new.
when is the next try?
wasnt at home at this time, could be one more when i was at home ^^
May I suggest that, if it's now become a known issue that having lots of people in the chatroom all spamming away is likely to overload the master server and cause racing servers to mass disconnect, then any future attempts should be postponed until a dev has announced the issue has been fixed. Then in fact a new attempt would become a good thing as, if sensibly timed, it will prove that the issue has been resolved.
Quote from XmaX :when is the next try?
wasnt at home at this time, could be one more when i was at home ^^

i think thre wont be one. we tested it and 32 is the maximum (more cant join the chat)

and imo we crashed the master server. all are angry with us :P
Makes sense, all I wanted to do was go for a good chat because I was bored, I did not intend to ruin people's races, the spamming rather spoilt it.
Quote from 5haz :Makes sense, all I wanted to do was go for a good chat because I was bored, I did not intend to ruin people's races, the spamming rather spoilt it.

Quoted for truth!

It did indeed start with good intentions,it just, er, went wrong.
Quote from JO53PHS :Yeah, if you're going to have a piss around and nearly crash the master server, do it when there aren't leagues running...

And shaun, if you can participate in this piss around, why can't you participate in LFSBC?

I was going out at like 19:15. I left my PC on chat room but I wasn't there.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well, this could either be a great success, or it could be a catastrophic failure, and we could crash the online system. Fingers crossed guys!

I had to bump that !
Guys guys guys, calm down. At least some of You knew that this whole event would surely turn into "4chan" style chat . Moreover, who knew for 100% that spam on chat would kill master server? There is also a bright side of it! You have discovered a major bug! Arox(and other people who spammed a lot) is guilty of spam, but do not blindly accuse him of ruining Your race.

<-- that's my view on this case
Quote from Byku :Guys guys guys, calm down. At least some of You knew that this whole event would surely turn into "4chan" style chat . Moreover, who knew for 100% that spam on chat would kill master server? There is also a bright side of it! You have discovered a major bug! Arox(and other people who spammed a lot) is guilty of spam, but do not blindly accuse him of ruining Your race.

<-- that's my view on this case

I see your point byku, and i really do not mean to offend, so i apologise if i do by mistake, but..

The meeting room is on the multiplayer hosts search section of LFS ingame, and as the search itself obviously uses the Master Server, as well as everything in LFS does, then its fairly safe to assume that the chat will also run through the MS as well, adding more load to it, not much with normal chatting, but it adds to it.

Combine that with someone holding down a binded key in chat, that when held down will register about 12 to 15 times a second. Thats 12 to 15 extra data requests sent to the MS per second.

Do that for 20 seconds and that has to be putting a stupid amount of load on the master server, so it is fairly obvious that together with the MS coping with the rest of LFS data going to and from it, it will cause some kind of overload.
You know what? next time when doing this is when more lost is opened in chatbox...

...But we can always keep fun with any attempts.
bumping, read first post
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :next time when doing this is when more lost is opened in chatbox...

this makes no sense.

Quote :we should arrange new time for next meeting and there we would go to somekind of server!

why not try irc... a good chunk of us are already there.
Quote from bunder9999 :this makes no sense.

why not try irc... a good chunk of us are already there.

It is not the same thing at all. MS can hold far until someone is going to press button there
Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

I've kept out of it until now, but the above needed to be done.

Admittedly no one knew that the master server was going to crash, but a lot of people wanted it to and aroX's spam was seriously idiotic. Really he should have known that that much crap was going to put alot of strain on the server.
Attached images
facepalm.png

LFS Ingame meeting room. Attempt 2.
(196 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG