The online racing simulator
Ermm kinda why is the hood black? Carbon Fiber might looks better.
The black hood ruined it
Should of left it as white
Lol, well it was 30 seconds to take off stripes, and hood looked really bare, so i went with a dark grey kinda carbon-ish look. But I'm actually going to do carbon fibre textures now that I have the time (mirrors, spoiler, and hood)
~Bryan~
EDIT: Done, using the carbon.dds file in LFS. See above posts...
Quote from dropin_biking :Lol, well it was 30 seconds to take off stripes, and hood looked really bare, so i went with a dark grey kinda carbon-ish look. But I'm actually going to do carbon fibre textures now that I have the time (mirrors, spoiler, and hood)
~Bryan~
EDIT: Done, using the carbon.dds file in LFS. See above posts...

It's not hard to make your own carbon mask, just need to have the understanding of tools in PS or other mid-high end graphic programs, MSpaint obviously isn't gonna give you the same results lol.
I don't use MS Paint, I have Photoshop 7.0 (Yes, I know there are newer/better versions) But as for that, I know the carbon texture in LFS is kinda bad, but I needed a quick fix, I still don't think it looks that bad tho...
~Bryan~
MY SKIN please look ^_^ my first ever!!!!
Ok heres a skin i made its kind of messy with the vinyl im sory but this took me hours and hours to do to find each logo and things as such.

please can someone with an s2 lisence use this skin and print screen to see what it looks like and post it here please. please. please. i dont want to have done this for nothing the finished skin thing wont let me post new thread becuase i have no s2.

So here it is and you can tell some things i have done wrong in paint i am sory still.

but its my first ever try at making a skin.
Attached images
XRT WORK.jpg
There are a few carbon fibre patterns out there, Here are some:

Credits to whoever made them.
Attached images
XFG_CF.jpg
cf019.jpg
Nice skin for a first attempt, could use some more colors imho
You can take a screenshot of the car yourself, as XRT _is_ available in the demo version of LFS . (just rename the file to XRT_work.jpg)
Took a screenie for you, hope it is good enough.
Attached images
xrtwork.png
alright first real skin
Hell, you could take pictures of the BF1 with a demo license, just grab the LFS Viewer from the main page!
Oh and the demo you cant use skins MataGyula

'You can take a screenshot of the car yourself, as XRT _is_ available in the demo version of LFS '

Whaa? yes XRT is i know becuase i drift with it but i cant plalce the skin without s2 thats why i cant post finished skins becuase im a demo user.

lol :P ^_^

Thanks!!!!! for the screenie and thanku for your ncie comment for my 1st atempt im going to try make another and yes i thought i needed some more colours aswell but i didnt want to redo since tht was the sort of 2nd atempt the 1st was white but the paint job messed up so i started again and found i could just fill in the car parts lol.

Thanky thanku ^_^

Is there any template for XRT where the backround is not black becuase i want to make body sort of metalic dark blue with a carbon fibre hood.

I have an idea for it xD

ill make a helmet skin aswell for this next 1 ill do it tonight :P

And is it worth me buying s2 but will s3 comeout and i will have to pay for that if i want it aswell??? Becuase that is what im worrying.
Quote from dizzlez :
And is it worth me buying s2 but will s3 comeout and i will have to pay for that if i want it aswell??? Becuase that is what im worrying.

Of course you must buy for S2 and S3. When you decide to buy S2 now you have to pay for the whole game. But when S3 releases and you are S2licensed you only have to pay for the update. So buy S2 now and have some fun . And buy the Update later in 2009 (?) when it releases.

*sry for my English*
Okey dokey, lets take it step by step
1. You can use skins in demo, believe me, i was a demo racer for more than a year and a half. Your skin needs to have the name XRT_"putherethename" . The _ has to be there ! Than put the XRT_"whatyouwrotehere" to your LFS/data/skins directory. Load LFS, go to the garage , select XRT, go to the colors tab and then click on Texture name . Now you only have to select your texture ! In the demo you _can_ use skins, but you can't upload them to LFS world
2. If you buy S2 now for 24 pounds then you'll have to pay 12 pounds for S3 when it comes out. If you will wait until S3 comes out then you will have to pay 24+12=36 pounds for S3 =]
3. Please use punctuation as it will be easier for people to understand you and so they will help you a lot more!
Sorry , i don't know where to find a carbon fibre hood, try MasterSkinnerz, or search for it on the forums !
Hope I helped a little bit, and good luck with your future skins !
Just one thing I noticed about the skin.

You have Nismo as a sponsor, but a Mazda Badge on the bonnet
Quote from ethan520 :alright first real skin

Having fun with gradients, are we?

I use way too much now.
Quote from Bean0 :Just one thing I noticed about the skin.

You have Nismo as a sponsor, but a Mazda Badge on the bonnet

URRRM yes lol sory i put mazda badge becuase i feel it looks like the rx7 fc

dont know rx7 fc? search it on google fc is before fd fd is latest rx7

Can anyone get a print screen on lfs of my skin with the Hood and front bumper for me? aparently i can put skins on the demo ill try it right now

Oh and i made a thread for my skin so why is it here????????????
Quote from MataGyula :Okey dokey, lets take it step by step
1. You can use skins in demo, believe me, i was a demo racer for more than a year and a half. Your skin needs to have the name XRT_"putherethename" . The _ has to be there ! Than put the XRT_"whatyouwrotehere" to your LFS/data/skins directory. Load LFS, go to the garage , select XRT, go to the colors tab and then click on Texture name . Now you only have to select your texture ! In the demo you _can_ use skins, but you can't upload them to LFS world
2. If you buy S2 now for 24 pounds then you'll have to pay 12 pounds for S3 when it comes out. If you will wait until S3 comes out then you will have to pay 24+12=36 pounds for S3 =]
3. Please use punctuation as it will be easier for people to understand you and so they will help you a lot more!
Sorry , i don't know where to find a carbon fibre hood, try MasterSkinnerz, or search for it on the forums !
Hope I helped a little bit, and good luck with your future skins !

Thanku i got it working shame other online players cant see the skin though ohwell ill just buy s2
any good XRG skins out there?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you have the psd file with all the layers of decals of the RS1 Silvia?

Off course i have but i won't release it because its a too big file (about 30mo i think).
Quote from shadow2kx :Off course i have but i won't release it because its a too big file (about 30mo i think).

psd's are always annoyingly big.
As an example I have a psd file that is 3.38mb, and in psp format its 1.48mb.
It's madness illepall
Quote from shadow2kx :Off course i have but i won't release it because its a too big file (about 30mo i think).

They normally compress pretty well into a .rar or .zip
Quote from Bean0 :They normally compress pretty well into a .rar or .zip

They compress even better into a 7zip format archive with ultra compression!

12 megs to 1 meg or less!

XR Skins (All)
(7326 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG