The online racing simulator
Experion Racing Team News + Events Thread 2009
(298 posts, closed, started )
4th of April 2009

Hello!

Recently, there has been quite a few changes in Experion Racing, we have seen the loss of a manager, to Elite Racing, (Chris Wilkinson) and we've seen a new manager come in (Jack Ward [jwardy]). So today, I would like to announce our new head manager to the management group. Jack has previous experience in Adaptive Racing and Parkfield Motorsport, of which he has helped amass quite a number of race wins, and the team of which he started his racing days off with, Official Race Backmarkers. Jack has been brought on board the management team to stregthen/improve our current form. The former driver was happy to take up this role, as he feels it will improve both his skills and the teams. We also will see more changes in Experion as the time goes on this week, and also in IMA, the Race Club of ERT, (of which it is independent of, and just ran by,).

Also, on another note, our GTAL campaign starts today, with Klaidas Gasiunas and Jack Ward on board. The FZER-01 has run in some testing over the weeks, and we feel it's strong enough to challenge in the higher points scoring positions. The livery is new too, which is unusual, and will be run for the first round at Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R). This circuit presents many challenges, and in my opinion, an ideal place to kick the season off.

GTAL was very promising with a 5th place finish which may be a 3rd place point scoring because of a guest team and maybe a DQ for another. After a stunning drive from Jack Ward , Kladias Gasiunas soon tool over to live up to Jack's standards and we were lying in fourth place with just 7 minutes to go, unfortunatley Kladias' tyres gave in and we had to settle for 5th but an incredible result for us.
Elsewhere ERT also had a podium finish in the NDRC with myself Andy O'Brien taking 3rd place. A strong quallifying saw Andy 3rd on the grid with Niall in LFS BC taking 3rd too . Unfortunatley Nialls look ran out but kept 5th position while Andy had a solid drive from start to finish.
PPD which is our sister/development team showed great potential with after lap 1 Dan Buck taking the lead. His luck ran out with connection difficulties with connection , but in the end PPD secured all positions on the podium with Dan Jaehnig taking the win with Nico Demec and Lucas Senna taking 2nd and 3rd.

11th of April 2009

Hello! Todays we're entering the 9 Hours Of Aston with one ERT FZR in the GT500 catagory, and PPD are entering a car in it too, which will be ran in the GTLite class. The team consists of Zach Weiss of ERT, who has previous experience with this car on this track, and is an invaluable asset to the team. Alongside him, Chris Wilkinson, now of EliteRacing, ex-ERT driver, has been signed on a one race deal. His experience will be crucial in the teams performance. Chris was signed late on Thursday, which was a rushed deal, but we're confident he can show a good performance to all those who are watching. Dan Buck, PPDRookie Team member, is the least experience in endurance racing of the three, with him being paired with the others making it an interesting mix of experience levels. We hope to have both cars finish well in both classes, and we'll be hoping for a good result! Results will follow.....

18th of April 2009

Today, the IMA Open Wheel Trophy took place, with Joe Shaw capturing the drivers championship with 2 races to go, coming into this round, it was pretty much wrapped up already, but he secured it tonight, winning in the 2nd race, with fellow ERT driver Ben Grindle showing a great display also, winning race 1. The field consisted of Ben,Joe,James,Dan S., Kevin Higgins, Brad Tarlton, Chris Wilkinson,and Yann Laprevotte. DNFs for James and Dan in race 1, with James' being resulted from a collision with Chris Wilkinson due to James running wide before the chicane. Dan had encountered problems and a driver error ended his race, with him not staying for race 2. Well done Joe! Well deserved win!

4th of May 2009

TBO Challenge:
Well done to Jack Ward (jwardy) who put on a great race in the IMA TBO Challenge last night.. The new league has had a big hit and has been quite popular with many sign ups and plenty of people tuning in to watch the event on the live stream...

Jack who drove, who is a rear wheel drive man stuck with what he know's and choose the XRT for the series. Jack has been showing consistant driving in the league always in the top ten and his main issue has been preserving the tyres. Last night however the coasts changed last night when Jack had a strong show in race one coming home to take the flag on the final step of the podium..
Race 2 seen the reverse grid , which reverses the top eight finishers from race one. Jack was driving avery quiet race early on but then as the race was coming to a close Jack was lying in second place. Unfortunatley for the Karma Clan driver Simones he had ran out of fuel half way through the lap and handed the lead to Jack who came home to take the flag with his first win in the series.

Very well done Jack and hope you keep up the strong performances!

Chris' Return!

Today I'm delighted to announce that Chris Wilkinson has decided to join Experion Racing again! Chris left Experion a few weeks ago hoping to get a drive in the GTAL and many more leagues also. He joined Elite Racing , but soon after found it wasn't the place for him and was looking for a team.
We were more than delighted to accept Chris back into our team and in time he may become a manager!
Here is what Chris had to say;
"Im thrilled to bits to rejoin Experion Racing. After Elite Racing wasn't working for me, I decided that with the recent changes that Experion Racing are going through that it was still the place for me. Thanks to all the guys at ERT who are happy to let me back!
Chris will have immediate impact in the team , taking part in the GTAL this weekend alongside Jack Ward in the GT2 FZR!
We have high hopes for the GTAL as we are currently holding third position in the championship standings!

More information to follow this weekend on the GTAL!

***************************************************************************************************

TROPHY CABINET 2009

Open Wheel Trophy Drivers Championship - Joe Shaw
Ben hasn't signed for Elite yet, but is putting an application in ASAP

Thank you very much for all ERT have done for me, good luck in future for you all

BTW, I am still keeping my role in IMA events and will still run the TBO Challenge alongside Ben.

Thanks

Chris
Good luck texas and jack!,
Cya ben and chris
And... Well done jack!
Ben is staying with you guys, there was some misunderstandment which i didnt know about

Good luck
Finally, a news thread

Thanks guys, Jack is doing so well now
Good luck texas and jack!,
Cya ben and chris
And... Well done jack!
Can I re-iterate, I never left and I am still a member of ERT!
Good luck guys. It seems that you figured well on the GTAL btw.
#9 - J@tko
Good night for ERT tonight..

GTAL was very promising with a 5th place finish which may be a 3rd place point scoring because of a guest team and maybe a DQ for another. After a stunning drive from Jack Ward , Kladias Gasiunas soon took over to live up to Jack's standards and we were lying in fourth place with just 7 minutes to go, unfortunatley Kladias' tyres gave in and we had to settle for 5th but an incredible result for us.
Elsewhere ERT also had a podium finish in the NDRC with myself Andy O'Brien taking 3rd place. A strong quallifying saw Andy 3rd on the grid with Niall in LFS BC taking 3rd too . Unfortunatley Nialls look ran out but kept 5th position while Andy had a solid drive from start to finish.
PPD which is our sister/development team showed great potential with after lap 1 Dan Buck taking the lead. His luck ran out with connection difficulties with connection , but in the end PPD secured all positions on the podium with Dan Jaehnig taking the win with Nico Demec and Lucas Senna taking 2nd and 3rd..

We are delighted with tonights results and hope to bring more good results in the near future..
Yeah, lost position for a guy in last minutes
Anyway, great racing, was fun to speak about "Telemundo" in TS with you guys
:ices_rofl
Good drive in GTAL Klaidas and Jack.
Cheers guys. Solid driving
Thanks , all is starting to come together now after alot of hard work ..
Quote from jaws99 :Can I re-iterate, I never left and I am still a member of ERT!

That was a schoolboy erra' thats been fixed .
News updated with Andy's writing on NDRC and LFSBC and GTAL.
Hi all thanks for the ups ,
First thing i want to try out just as a test is a new tag
Experion|J.Ward , only a test from 5-4-09 till 10-4-09 then well make it official or not ...

Also i have some drivers lined up for testing and i hope to get them in as soon as possible .

Regards
Jack Ward
Tag is bit too long. Efexas can't fit his name even on old one
can he have another name ?

well figure something out
Yey ORB mentioned!!
Orb?
Official Race Backmarkers
Quote from pacesetter :4th of April 2009

GTAL was very promising with a 5th place finish which may be a 3rd place point scoring because of a guest team and maybe a DQ for another. After .

SO do we know if he got 3rd yet?
yes we did
This thread is closed

(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG