The online racing simulator
Experion Racing Team News + Events Thread 2009
(298 posts, closed, started )
I quite agree , theres nothing funny at all .
Quote from jwardy :I quite agree , theres nothing funny at all .

Why has it happened then? I think its fair enough that Experion must come to an end, but I find it odd that no one in the team outside the 'management' was consulted beforehand, which leads me to believe that the whole thing is the result of someone having a sudden tantrum and stomping off.
I wasnt consulted on this, but oh well, it's happened now, gl in the future lads

Also, the end of the post is signed Andy and Jack, am I not in this teams management?
#279 - CSF
I think you seem to have answered that in the first part of your comment...
Quote from pacesetter :I wasnt consulted on this, but oh well, it's happened now, gl in the future lads

Also, the end of the post is signed Andy and Jack, am I not in this teams management?

The 'management' is not telling anyone anything, no change there then.

But yeah good luck Mr 'management', its important that you have fun with LFS, theres no point is it just gets you pissed off.
See this is why i told you i am not looking at joining any teams right now, lfs scene is quite dead in my eyes with no sign off improving.
Quote from rc10racer :See this is why i told you i am not looking at joining any teams right now, lfs scene is quite dead in my eyes with no sign off improving.

I understand Pecker.... This wasn't really my decision, and many of my (now former!) team-mates can't understand why this has happened, I think it was because Andy lost motivation and decided that the team is a dictatorship from one person, when there were 3 people with equal powers. I wish all the boys good luck in their ventures, and we had a very talented bunch of drivers. Which will all go on to race IGTC/MoE soon enough I hope.
Very sad to hear, but Im here to offer you something.

I still have the LRT website, forums etc, just recently updated and ready to go. I have all the old skins in .psd format etc uploaded. So I basicly have a complete "team-pack" on my computer. Since this looks like only one guy (or two three) has made the disicion without talking to/informing the others, I thought that you might want to "start a new team". I mean, everyone who wants to can "start" LRT. You just need to pick one or two manager(s), who can manage the team. I will send you the files you need, and give you the admin-passwords to the site and forum etc.

You get all this for free. No payments what so ever. I think it is a pretty good deal. BUT if one of the managers is leaving, or doing a bad job (like ruining the team), I WILL BE ABLE TO, AND MIGHT FIRE THE MANAGER, AND "GET" A NEW ONE. I wont have anything to do with the team at all. Thats the manager's job. I will just supply you with everything you need for a team.

For more information, contact me!

Best regards from Tommy Østgaard
Quote from Tomhah :Very sad to hear, but Im here to offer you something.

I still have the LRT website, forums etc, just recently updated and ready to go. I have all the old skins in .psd format etc uploaded. So I basicly have a complete "team-pack" on my computer. Since this looks like only one guy (or two three) has made the disicion without talking to/informing the others, I thought that you might want to "start a new team". I mean, everyone who wants to can "start" LRT. You just need to pick one or two manager(s), who can manage the team. I will send you the files you need, and give you the admin-passwords to the site and forum etc.

You get all this for free. No payments what so ever. I think it is a pretty good deal. BUT if one of the managers is leaving, or doing a bad job (like ruining the team), I WILL BE ABLE TO, AND MIGHT FIRE THE MANAGER, AND "GET" A NEW ONE. I wont have anything to do with the team at all. Thats the manager's job. I will just supply you with everything you need for a team.

For more information, contact me!

Best regards from Tommy Østgaard

Thanks Tommy
There you go! Problem solved....now get back to GTAL
Very generous of you, definatly an option worth considering.
James , you had agreed to take a step back from the management and that left me and Jack running the team because Niall is away for the last month. Jack has lost his motivation for LFS and I simply am fed up of doign things off track. I feel in a similar position as Tommy did with LRT but not a serious with RL things. I find myself wasting my days away doing little things on the adminning side which I simply cannot avoid. This eventually got to me and I got fed up doing it. So I stepped back and nothing was happening with the team and it started going downhill then with not much happening and then two members leaving in one day which was a right kick in the balls for the team.At that stage there was a maximum of three or four people active and two or three motivated. So at the end of it all , if you only have a couple of people active and motivated things wont work. Obviously it's something I didnt wanna' do since I put alot of work into it and built it up from scratch but now I feel it was time that it closed and Jack at the other side of the management felt the same way. Every driver was contacted via PM about the issue. There was no turning back for the decision so then we announced it.
I didn't agree to take a step back completely mate, I told you I was taking a break, and then I've came back, and have been dealing with issues here too.... There hasn't been that much to do recently, as you've set up a setupgrid, which wasn't only a bonus, not something needed, only a beneficial add-on.. I have been helping, and dealing with drivers, and I have been keeping them posted and involved. Joe admitted it himself.
Quote from aobrien :James , you had agreed to take a step back from the management and that left me and Jack running the team because Niall is away for the last month. Jack has lost his motivation for LFS and I simply am fed up of doign things off track. I feel in a similar position as Tommy did with LRT but not a serious with RL things. I find myself wasting my days away doing little things on the adminning side which I simply cannot avoid. This eventually got to me and I got fed up doing it. So I stepped back and nothing was happening with the team and it started going downhill then with not much happening and then two members leaving in one day which was a right kick in the balls for the team.At that stage there was a maximum of three or four people active and two or three motivated. So at the end of it all , if you only have a couple of people active and motivated things wont work. Obviously it's something I didnt wanna' do since I put alot of work into it and built it up from scratch but now I feel it was time that it closed and Jack at the other side of the management felt the same way. Every driver was contacted via PM about the issue. There was no turning back for the decision so then we announced it.

It is considered normal to talk to the rest of the team about things first before you go pulling the plug on everyone, everyone else on the team who I have talked to has about as much idea why you decided to do this as me, that really isn't how organised teams work (or at least I hope so).

And do you not wonder why much of the team is leaving or unmotivated? I think it's because they're rather fed up of being left out in the cold on almost everything by yourself, making random decisions on a whim without asking anyone first will also not help you get any support or motivation out of anyone.

The proper thing to do would have been to PM us all telling us you'd had enough and were considering shutting down the team, but you should have asked us if any of us wanted to carry on, especially seeing as you'd just invited a new driver.
Guys, I suggest you take this to MSN and/or PMs. Stop washing dirty laundry in public.
Quote from BAMBO :Guys, I suggest you take this to MSN and/or PMs. Stop washing dirty laundry in public.

I've sent Andy and Jack a pm, which one of them has replied to, whats done has been done. And I will discuss the rest behind closed doors with the guys. To make an announcement as big as this one in public (we were notified by pm, not about the situation and how it could be resolved, about whats happening) I believe that's why the guys are commenting about the situation here.
This is the last time Im gonna reply to this . Myself and Jack agreed that we done it in the wrong way , and fully regret it, but its done now and we cannot turn back. I thank everyone for being involved in the team and the person who deserves the most credit is Zach Weiss . He is the relativley unknown figure but he is at the heart of the team and has kept us going so I thank him for all his work.
:sadbanana

Andy, you could just pass teams wheel to other members if you are pissed off with all the management. Closing team with point "I want so" is just ridiculous. What was wrong? Whats the wrong way? If you mean about losing members, you should be happy. They grown up to bigger teams in YOUR team. That means you are going good way. You can allways try and invite new ones.

Anyway, I'm thankful for ERT to raising me up, and I'm improved enough to drive in such leagues like IGTC. It was good days.

But... lets respect his decision.
I've spoken with Andy, and my team mates, the problem can't be resolved, as right now, there isnt any way to turn back. Right now, some of the guys are looking elsewhere, while some are staying independent, and I wish all of them luck with that.

I'd like to say thank you to all of our drivers, who were there when it finished, and the ones that left to pursue other goals during our time of existence. I will see you all on track, and a big thanks to Adrian De Bono, www.polepositiondriver.com, and Marco Hoekstra, of www.experionhosting.com , which has now shut down. The thread will be locked in the coming days, and thanks for the support of our fellow teams, who've provided great battles, in GTAL,DoP,LOTA and many more.... Thanks guys!

James
lol. This was bound to happen at some point. The question was, when.
-
(Tomhah) DELETED by Tomhah
James has joined SRLT? :P
Well. I'm dazed and amused.
Quote from Tomhah :James has joined SRLT? :P

yeah, figured nothing will come out of driving by myself,
This thread is closed

Experion Racing Team News + Events Thread 2009
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG