The online racing simulator
that car sounds so much better than it looks, 3 litre V12 silliness
In person they are painfully loud.. physically hurts your ears.
Quote from BlueFlame :In person they are painfully loud.. physically hurts your ears.

most N/A racecars are, every upshift of a 911 GT3 felt like a snare being hit next to your ears when I was on the TT Assen grandstand in 2011, the turbo McLarens and Nissans sounded like hybrids in comparism. But the loudest I witnessed were former F3000s at the Borgloh hillclimb.
Quote from ACCAkut :most N/A racecars are, every upshift of a 911 GT3 felt like a snare being hit next to your ears when I was on the TT Assen grandstand in 2011, the turbo McLarens and Nissans sounded like hybrids in comparism. But the loudest I witnessed were former F3000s at the Borgloh hillclimb.

Well even Top Fuel is probably the most damaging thing you can put your ears through but it's not painful to listen to with an open ear which is odd, as you'd expect it to be extremely painful!
admittedly most of the epicness of this sound comes from the driver:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6bwZ4ooTI

there are a lot of amazing sounds linked from this thread but not very much of what he had: pushing to the absolute limit

you can feel the driver's emotions through the sound, especially some downshifts like urgent (:45), really pissed off (1:08) and insisting, slightly fearful, searching, almost praying (:13). then there is a snarling acceleration at 1:05.

and the upshifts... well, damn. (from what i understand these gearboxes had no auto-clutch, but some modified rings to assist faster clutchless shifting, at the cost of skill required)

now if only there was a video with this driver with the ferrari V12

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG