The online racing simulator
Never heard a N/A 5-cylinder in a racecar before ...

Volvo S-60R
Such a unique sound. Like a V6 attempting to mimic a Inline 4. Sounds amazing!
I have the clear plan/dream to (once I got the financial background) build a '67 Volvo Amazon featuring a Megasquirted N/A B5244S, M90 transmission and probably V90 rear axle. That howl .. :melting:
Friend of me had an Audi 90 with the 2.2 inline-fiver, that was a good sounding car, well one that handled like a boat (and became a compact after being rear ended by a texting lady :really
Name this car...

(People from the #liveforspeed IRC channel are excluded from entering because they have an unfair advantage... )
Attached files
name_that_car_9001.mp3 - 194.6 KB - 275 views
sounds like two-stroke rallyness from Saab
Quote from ACCAkut :sounds like two-stroke rallyness from Saab

It's a rally car, but not a Saab and it has a four-stroke engine.
Quote from amp88 :Name this car...

(People from the #liveforspeed IRC channel are excluded from entering because they have an unfair advantage... )

Stratos? I have one on tape too, but it sounds a bit different... but different recording devices, different sounds... at least to some extend.
Quote from buedi :Stratos? I have one on tape too, but it sounds a bit different... but different recording devices, different sounds... at least to some extend.

Not a Stratos, but it does sound quite similar. This car also has a V6 engine.
...6r4?
Dammit. I saw and recorded plenty of 6R4s. The Stratos sounds more rough, I should have remembered that... but the 6R4 did not come into my mind :-)
Maybe it´s time to undust all my tapes again... should be digitalized anyway to preserve that stuff.
Quote from buedi :Maybe it´s time to undust all my tapes again... should be digitalized anyway to preserve that stuff.

The best race car and roadcar sounds thread
(416 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG