The online racing simulator
Quote from Scrabby :when do you race then?

Well, most of the time my wheel is turning free (drifting lol)

i got him but its a private server.....

btw... me of course 9-3
Attached images
Unbenannt.jpg
9-3 mostly.

sometimes just 12 though. (g25, and im sometimes really driving onehanded on the straights)
9 - 3 from me too almost all the time i use steering wheel. But when i cruise i sometimes use just one hand. Drifting is another thing...
Quote from John5200 :i got him but its a private server.....

btw... me of course 9-3

its a S1 server

WOAAA! wanna join so much and see DEVELOPER!
Quote from Monkay :Left hand on the 10 position, right hand on my glass of beer.

Haha that's what I was thinking.

Most of the time 9-3 for me though.
I can't believe this is a thread??? You guys must really be bored!!!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Real men drink beer from a Can.

No. Real men drink their beer from so big glasses that their girlfriends can't carry them to the table because their too heavy.

Oh, 9-3.
Quote from BigPeBe :No. Real men drink their beer from so big glasses that their girlfriends can't carry them to the table because their too heavy.

what about the foam-dome?
9-3
or if im oval racing ill go 11-4 or so
just so my hands arent to twisted
Racing : 9-3
Drifting or rallycross - 11-5, switching to 7-1 depending on the corner
I usally drive with beer between legs and cig in right hand, left hand on wheel at all times . 10/2 pos
Racing : 9-3
Rallyx : left hand at 9 and right on the shifter
10-2

and 720 degree
Using Logitec Driving Force Ex, and currently not using any FF, return to lock or anything fancy on it atm.

I prefer holding the hands pretty far down on the wheel, with a light grip. This helps to straightening the wheel up faster and to push the various buttons easier.

But with intence racing I automatically gets a high grip on the wheel, and holds is so hard I usually gets white knuckles and with long playing I might even get these little ..uhm on english I don't know the word for it, brush? / scratch wounds?..

But I try at least to use the ligh and low grip, using both hands on the wheel most of the time too. Only time when not two hands on the wheel is when I write while racing, 1 hand on the keyboard and one on the wheel.

Edit : The wheel can be turned a total of 180 degree lock to lock.
Quote from The Very End :Using Logitec Driving Force Ex, and currently not using any FF, return to lock or anything fancy on it atm.

I prefer holding the hands pretty far down on the wheel, with a light grip. This helps to straightening the wheel up faster and to push the various buttons easier.

But with intence racing I automatically gets a high grip on the wheel, and holds is so hard I usually gets white knuckles and with long playing I might even get these little ..uhm on english I don't know the word for it, brush? / scratch wounds?..

But I try at least to use the ligh and low grip, using both hands on the wheel most of the time too. Only time when not two hands on the wheel is when I write while racing, 1 hand on the keyboard and one on the wheel.

Edit : The wheel can be turned a total of 180 degree lock to lock.

I don't grip the wheel as hard so that I can easily maneuver the car through tight corners. However, driving a car with stiff suspensions on a bumpy track will FF on full will make my hands and arms sore after around 20 laps from the constant fight with the wheel :faint:.
Quote from pingy72 :I don't grip the wheel as hard so that I can easily maneuver the car through tight corners. However, driving a car with stiff suspensions on a bumpy track will FF on full will make my hands and arms sore after around 20 laps from the constant fight with the wheel :faint:.

You mean a bumpy track like South City? What have you set the FFB to in the game, by the way?
-
(hotwater) DELETED by hotwater : Unnecessary post from yesteryear.
9-3 FTW
Im usin a G25 and normally use 9 and 3, If i fancy a change tho i have one hand on the shifter and the other hand on top of the wheel
9-3. The spokes on the DFP are placed just right so you can hook your thumbs over them and have your hands in the right positions.
9-3 with my thumbs pointing up along the wheel frame. I've learnt from karting that wrapping thumbs around the wheel is a great way to dislocate your thumbs in a crash, so I do that naturally now.
9 and 3 for me, unless I am shifting, then 9 and shifter.

I tend to use 2 fingers to downshift sometimes, I keep my thumb on the wheel and just nudge the stick forward with two fingers to shift down. Its a nasty habbit realy, because if I make a mestake it takes longer to get back to the correct gear.

I wear leather finger gloves when I intend to race/practice for longer than a half hour, and it keeps me from tensing my hands too much. The gloves I wear are pretty nice, and they only cost around $15. The stiff leather keeps me from tensing my hands, I would suggest it for anyone who has a problem with gripping the wheel too tightly.
Quote from Wilko868 :I've learnt from karting that wrapping thumbs around the wheel is a great way to dislocate your thumbs in a crash

from experience?

I hadn't thought of that really, it's probably a bad habit I'm forming. I'll have to start hurling myself into the wall whenever I crash to wean myself off it
No not from experience, ive just seen somebody else manage to break their thumbs. It dosent matter on LFS though, there isnt enough FFB to hurt anyone.
9-3 on the straights. 12-6 when coming to a corner. Feed the wheel through the hands people!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG