The online racing simulator
Your ways of holding a steering wheel for racing
It's funny because I normally hold the wheel such that the thumbs hook over the bridge of the wheel at the 9,3 position because it's accurate that way. I'm currently using a Logi DFGT wheel which has those protruding lumps at the 11,1 position. I find that after several laps my thumb becomes quite numb and if I just hold it at the 11,1 position, my hands don't cramp as easily and that turing actually becomes easier. I'm just wondering what most of the ppl here hold it as: speed-wise and endurance-wise .
#2 - word.
I have a G25 and my hands are always at 9 and 3 position (540 degrees).

I started off using 10 and 2 position, but soon reliased that 9 and 3 was more comfortable and precise for me.
9 and 3 for me. Smoothest way and most precise as word said
I drive with one thumb at the six oclock position with one arm over the seat next to me so I can easily talk to the passengers in the back you know like most taxi drivers!

Serriously though 9 and 3
Me too as well. Nobody has sore hands? I guess I'm still relatively to racing then since I get sore so easily
my left hand it hoocked over bridge at 9' and my right arm is on knob..
9-3 as well and I sometimes have to realise that I'm holding the wheel too tightly. Driving goes better when I'm holding the wheel lightly, because then I can feel the forces better / more delicately.
Should help with the cramping in the thumbs.
when do you race then?

Well, most of the time my wheel is turning free (drifting lol)
im driving 9-3 too its easyer and get hold it lightly
#11 - Byku
9-3 with thumbs up
Normally use 9 and 3, with thumbs on the face of the steering wheel as I max out the FF and it hurts when i hit a bump and it flings the wheel around lol.>

Sometimes I get lazy and drive with one hand lol..
eleven and shifter-ball.
I use only one finger. Like this
9-3 myself, only just getting used to g25 but at the moment its piss easy cause i drift irl aswell as slalom too...
Quote from Victor :9-3 as well and I sometimes have to realise that I'm holding the wheel too tightly. Driving goes better when I'm holding the wheel lightly, because then I can feel the forces better / more delicately.
Should help with the cramping in the thumbs.

How do you cramp your thumbs i never had that and im somtimes holding tight to.
Makes me wonder how the hell you hold it.
I most of the time let the part between my thumb and that other finger I only know the dutch name for grip on the wheel so I have the thumb free for button click.
One hand on 12 o clock and one on my nuts(joke)
i use one hand to turn the wheel
9 and 3 obviously!
2 Fingers aka. Mouse =(
9-3, or 9-gear knob
Quote from Whiskey :9-3, or 9-gear knob

Same here, except at race start i hold my hands more like 4-8 so that looking to sides with my thumbs (pressing buttons) is easier.
9-3 but...do you use the FF? because I don't... maybe I should start
#24 - 5haz
9-3 For me, somehow it makes it all smoother.

I might add one of those knobs on the wheel that Autotest drivers use, so I can wind the wheel fast with one hand.
9 - 3...

Your ways of holding a steering wheel for racing
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG