The online racing simulator
Quote from obsolum :You mean a bumpy track like South City? What have you set the FFB to in the game, by the way?

There are a lot bumpier tracks than South City. For example those laser scanned ones I tried with rFactor... One doesn't need an S1 or S2 license to try them out!
Quote from obsolum :You mean a bumpy track like South City? What have you set the FFB to in the game, by the way?

I feel that most of the tracks in LFS are pretty smooth so their FF is good to manage. I have mine FF set to 70. I remembered when I tried the radical on lime stone park and it felt like karting again
I drive with hands at 10 and 2. Always thumbs on the outside because i learned that in real driving (if you don't and you loose control in your real car your thumbs can brake by the forces on the steeringwheel)
Holding a steering wheel
Yes, 9 - 3. Works well when racing with G25 as while driving a real car with power asisted steering.
9-3, always...
Quote from Gills4life :9-3 on the straights. 12-6 when coming to a corner. Feed the wheel through the hands people!

/me tries not to retaliate
Try harder.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : spam
#83 - Osco
usually 9-3 with thumbs on the little lumps on the G25 wheel
Quote from Gills4life :9-3 on the straights. 12-6 when coming to a corner. Feed the wheel through the hands people!

Is that why I beat you at The Race Center? You're granny-esque driving style?
#85 - DeKo
Quote from Pearce :Im usin a G25 and normally use 9 and 3, If i fancy a change tho i have one hand on the shifter and the other hand on top of the wheel

This, for me. also in real life.
Depends upon what I'm racing.

LFS/iRacing (road racing)/RBR etc its the standard 9-3

However if I'm doing NASCAR 2003 or Oval Racing in iRacing then I have both hands together on top of the wheel on the straights for the small corrections needed, moving them into a (now acts out the motion of a steering wheel in the office, as a result co-workers slowly move backwards out of thier seats and towards the exit) 10-12 setting for the corner, resting them back on top of the wheel down the straight.
Quote from pingy72 :I feel that most of the tracks in LFS are pretty smooth so their FF is good to manage. I have mine FF set to 70. I remembered when I tried the radical on lime stone park and it felt like karting again

I just wonder how you managed to try anything except Blackwood...

And OT: surprisingly 9-3
Quote from ColeusRattus :I just wonder how you managed to try anything except Blackwood...

And OT: surprisingly 9-3

I smel a banana.

@topic:I sometimes at the realy twisty bits hold the wheel with 1 hand becaus of the need to shift i find thios to give the car greater stability somwhow when driving one handed.

Obvioulsy wil never try it in real car on a real racetrack might kil me
I'm using 9-3 most of time, but sometimes on straights (specially endu races) 12-3. Actually I don't know why I sometimes hold the wheel like that. There's no reason but it's like some kind of relax for left hand to me.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :@topic:I sometimes at the realy twisty bits hold the wheel with 1 hand becaus of the need to shift i find thios to give the car greater stability somwhow when driving one handed.

I found this was the case in RBR especially, pumping up the FFB drastically seemed to fix that though
I find it easier to control
with my right hand a 9 and my left hand at 3
and my left foot on the shifter.
I usually use the 9.30 and 2.30 adjustment. And I am actually at work now just had to listen to my fat-assed "boss" telling me not to listen or to discuss with our customers....lady, i don`t care about the crap you are talking, i do it my way, because I want our customers to be understood and to be helped and to be faithful! so **** you! count your 477 sheets of paper yourself the next time! i am not you idiot doing everything you are not willing to do, f***ing B**ch!!! i am still in education for being a car salesman at the best brand ever but i already know how to handle our customers to make them feel good at us and to make them coming back! AAAAHHRRRRGGG!!!!!!!

just had to say this! sorry!

STEWIE FOR PRESIDENT!
Well in my car or LFS, I pretty much hold it where ever it's best... I drive a manual in both my car and LFS. The wheel isn't always in the same position. I usually am counter steering.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG