(76 posts, started )
What was your first racing game?
looking for a walk down memory lame:

What was your first Racing Game?

And

What was the first racing game at home?

Me:
Blaster Master and Excite Bike (or RC Pro AM weeks later) for NES
The first one I remember was some Outrun game on the Sega Megadrive, the one with the Lamboghini, the Ferrari and the Porsche.

The first "sim" I had was GP2 at the age of 6.
Gran Turismo 1 when we got Playstation 1 with the game
hmmm it was nfsu2 for ps2 then got it for the pc a few years later ( yes it sound dafted but i did not have a ps2 till 2003, did not have a good enough pc till 2005
#5 - kirmy
v-rally, with the second console i ever had, after the mega drive, it was a real treat to paly for the first time, especially in africa with the water splash
#6 - J@tko
F1 2000 on PS1
Quote from J@tko :F1 2000 on PS1

^ right here, i still remember it. thats what really bought me into f1
cruisn' USA(FTW!!!)
Quote from SidiousX :cruisn' USA(FTW!!!)

Oh man, I remember that... it was so terrible, yet quite a lot of fun.

I can't really remember my first racing game though, probably either some DOS Motor-racing game (can't remember what it was called exactly), or something like Excitebike on the NES.
a blocktastic f1 game on my old Commodore 64.
#12 - th84
F-zero on SNES.

First sim was NASCAR racing from Papyrus for pc. Had a Thrustmaster wheel, too.
Grand Prix Circuit (PC AT 286)

First "sim" was Nascar Racing from papyrus/virgin like PAracer. Still got the original game from 1995.
Hmmm I think that it was NFS 5 (Porsche), Rally Masters: Race of Champions, Driver or LFS (about 2002)
Hard drivin (Arcade) Stunt Car Racer (spectrum) indy 500 (Amiga)

Those 3 really stand out for me. Stunt car racer being my first real racing addiction.

The first decent console Racing games imo.
Sega Rally (Saturn) GranTurisimo (PS1)

Up until the late 80s most racing games really were quite bad though
Nfs 2.
Can't remember which I had first, but there was v-rally, the original PS1 F1 game, porsche challenge (the one with the porsches ) and destruction derby I all played regularly. I still remember the first time I finished v-rally, I spent an entire day home from school "sick" just to do it :rolleyes:
First racing game I remember playing was Outrun on the ZX Spectrum 128K and the first arcade racer was Sega Rally in 98 after having 2 years practice on the Saturn.
Colin mcrae rally 1 on pc. It supports G25 and works on vista :P
my first proper racing game was TOCA Touring Car Championship on PS1.
I pretty sure mine was GT2.
Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing

...on the ol' Gameboy

IndiCar Racing 2 was probably my first sim, followed by Nascar racing 2 and 3, ToCa 2 and Sport Car GT.

What was your first racing game?
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG