The online racing simulator
Economy drive
(32 posts, started )
Economy drive
I just did an experiment. The pits told me i would use 4% of fuel in 1 lap. So i set out to prove them wrong. The car a 3.6 litre flat 6 FZR with 490bhp and rwd. The track AS5. The server WS.C • Aston Cruise. I was impressed at how little fuel i used. After the first lap it said i was using 0.6% fuel per lap. I decided to pit and try to become more economical. What i did is remove all aero angle. Get R2 tyres and Pump them up to 30.4 PSI. This seemed to help. Then i recruited some people to follow me incase i ran out and to provide drafting. In all the fuel lasted around 8.5 laps and i was pretty impressed. I am now going to try with xrr and fxr. here is a replay of it. I was drafting DOYLER 63 and outtagas and WernerNoorlander followed me. knk was also of aid and was with me from the start. It is impressive how such a powerful car can use so little fuel.

Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?shar ... 9fee25a1bd2db6fb9a8902bda
Quote from Luke.S :*snip*

The 0.4 liter fuel consumption the pits indicated, was meant for a fast lap around the track without objects/layout. You can't compare a track with a 'cruise layout' to one without such a layout.
You know if you make the car behind you bump you all the way, your car will achieve even better fuel efficiency

... if it mattered in a computer game in the first place. fp.
Quote from Luke.S :The pits told me i would use 4% of fuel in 1 lap. So i set out to prove them wrong.

Precisely, FACEPALM.

Of course you'll use less fuel going slowly. The fuel prediction is one racing lap, not one grandma goes to the shops lap

:doh:
Dear God! Hypermiling in lfs say it isn't so!
Quote from JO53PHS :Precisely, FACEPALM.

Of course you'll use less fuel going slowly. The fuel prediction is one racing lap, not one grandma goes to the shops lap

Grandma´s aren´t slow

I just drove a fast lap on the FZR at as5 and I got avg. 4% for 1 lap, so It´s right. I also drove very slowly and tried to save fuel.. got 1.1 per lap.
i´m not worried of the so called "global warming" in real world, so why would I care about it in LFS world
Quote from AjRose :Dear God! Hypermiling in lfs say it isn't so!

I wonder what kind of mileage you can get doing EOC P&G?
Quote from hyntty :You know if you make the car behind you bump you all the way, your car will achieve even better fuel efficiency

... if it mattered in a computer game in the first place. fp.

Agreed.
Lol Luke learn to spell :doh:
#10 - xtm
that could be a good challenge, somewhat like Topgear. For example, Aston national, FZR, 1% fuel, 1 lap race, first to finish wins. Should be good fun
Quote from tonyonparas :Grandma´s aren´t slow

I just drove a fast lap on the FZR at as5 and I got avg. 4% for 1 lap, so It´s right. I also drove very slowly and tried to save fuel.. got 1.1 per lap.
i´m not worried of the so called "global warming" in real world, so why would I care about it in LFS world

Reassuring!

Here's a fuel saving tip: Don't go cruising in a racing car.
i noticed that too, also, dont rev the engine too early, saved 1 liter by not revving my F1 engine before start
Quote from Echo51 :i noticed that too, also, dont rev the engine too early, saved 1 liter by not revving my F1 engine before start

Exactly how did a demo racer do that? Unless we've now inadvertantly discovered an undercover danish F1-driver...
He means the FBM you pillock
Nope... the Sauber BMW F1, played at a friends :P he made me so jealous
:hidesbehi lol
Quote from xtm :that could be a good challenge, somewhat like Topgear. For example, Aston national, FZR, 1% fuel, 1 lap race, first to finish wins. Should be good fun

Yeah I was considering doing this for the NDR Xmas Event qualification. Everyone has 1% fuel, go as far as you can

But couldn't cos a) FZR uses more fuel b) people could cheat by putting more in and then turning off the engine when they'd "run out". Although I could ask people to try and start their engines again to see who was cheating i spose
Quote from J@tko :Yeah I was considering doing this for the NDR Xmas Event qualification. Everyone has 1% fuel, go as far as you can

But couldn't cos a) FZR uses more fuel b) people could cheat by putting more in and then turning off the engine when they'd "run out". Although I could ask people to try and start their engines again to see who was cheating i spose

that is very interesting . if you are going to do it ..well... PM me coz im in to do it
Quote from J@tko :Yeah I was considering doing this for the NDR Xmas Event qualification. Everyone has 1% fuel, go as far as you can

I'm sure you can use insim to force max fuel to 1%.
I might try this in reverse, see how much fuel I can burn in a racing lap. First to hit double digits on the above track wins.

Hey if you're going to hypermile that means I can use your share of the fuel right?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm sure you can use insim to force max fuel to 1%.

Nah, you'd have to get everyone to run an outgauge program client-side that links back to a central program server-side, which would report the fuel levels. But that's just damn awkward

That does sound like a good event though, although for true hypermiling you could get up to speed and turn the engine off and coast the rest of the race
Quote from JO53PHS :Precisely, FACEPALM.

Economy drive
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG