The online racing simulator
You know, you people can complain about the grip, complain about the A.I.,
complain about the aero bug - hell, even complain about the people that complain, I don't really care. BUT...BUT... NEVER EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT
THE IN DASH CLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That has got to be the coolest thing ever done with any car game or sim ever made.

@the "boys from Brasil" I think you probably have a legitimate gripe, but
well you're sorta kicking a dead horse. I imagine fixing them will take some time as well. If they don't have the bugs fixed yet, What do you want to be said?
lol "Hi! How's things going? After a much needed break, we decided to start work again. Uh, nothing's fixed yet." I mean would that help much?

Me personally would like to see a whole lot of stuff that probably won't ever be used in the game..... Replace the tires with flaming trashcans for S.City...interactive spectators... a corkscrew.... a quarter pipe and a rail.
But you know, oh well......

@ Kidcodea... Some body say, TAMPAX?????
Attached images
Tampax screenshot.jpg
Quote from Racer Y :Replace the tires with flaming trashcans for S.City...

hell yeah! and u could hit them and spill the burning oil all over the track!
for a big combo you'd get special pantera cowboys from hell samples.
interactive crowd would be nice if u could load the gti with some lo poly hoes u pickup, and free roam into the blackwood forest, where u could hear the little birds that were scared away from the track in 0.04L, and do "amusing things" [tristan (tm)] with them.
I love the smell of Napalm at South City in the morning
Apocaliveforspeed Now!
Quote from Racer Y :NEVER EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT
THE IN DASH CLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has got to be the coolest thing ever done with any car game or sim ever made.

:iagree:
your a fool
Quote from ebola :your a fool

:dunce:

You're :mad:

How about we open up a new complaint area? Just a special sub-forum that let's users complain about LFS. I mean, nobody has to know that this forum would be invisible to the devs but... oh. Damn

At least I can speak properly

What's with people lately and the sudden rash of stunning intellectual and though provoking responses?
LFS is great.
It could be greater, but that just demands time. Can't people have patience anymore ? Developing a game demands time. Just like a lot of things demand time to be at a certain level "good", and I'm sure one day in a near or even far future LFS S2-full will be out. And I'll have as much fun as I have now, perhaps even more. Cause LFS is for me about people, people who became friends while the time tik-takked away, and then the other part is the racing itself. The level of competition (and my only wish is: improve the KB online competition level again cause thàt is what I miss from my time with the S1 demo, before the L patches or what letter it was again).I'm sure the devs do their best, if they lissen to my remark, about online competition level for non wheel racers, or not, I don't care.
I'm sure I had fun with LFS, I have fun now and that I will have fun in the future.

Quote from three_jump :grass is not growing faster when you pull it.[

I'm not so sure about that tho..
OMG, Speed Soro, you are still going on? I think it has been about a month... maybe more now. Can you just sit back and let the devs do their thing? And maybe some other people want some other things to be fixed in the physics patch. Ever consider OTHER PEOPLE? Or perhaps move to America - you might be more at home there... Ever consider the fact that there will be one physics patch for a good while and people are relying on that to cover the physics updates they want? Maybe some want a torsen diff to make the RA handle realistically, maybe some want extra grip on the racing line so that you don't get people pulling stupidly dangerous moves around the inside of a corner, maybe some don't really care about aerodynamics but just want the road cars to handle right... Scawen has to make all these people happy and it won't happen any faster with you breathing down his neck. He said physics would take a few months and he would go quite for a while. He has gone quite so it is pretty safe to assume that he is working on physics like he has said he would be in about 5 different places so I don't see why he has to repeat himself again. Victor won't tell you how close the patch is because the last time he said something about a release date, he regreted it with people putting words in his mouth. Scawen doesn't even know when the patch will be out. It will be out when it is ready. Just be patient and wait for it.
Yes I know, not exactly a thought provoking response but Speed Soro had driven me to destruction!!!!
ack, I thought you were call me down for thinking the clocks were cool!
The clocks are important! LFS is too addictive to look away from the screen to find a clock. So we need a clock onscreen. I'd even like to have one all cars, though it may look strange in an FO8. But a clock is more important than a lousy speedometer.

Vain
Quote from Vain :But a clock is more important than a lousy speedometer.

I disagree. The speedometer is like the only resource a driver can use to know if they are at their normal pace. To know if they exit corners quickly or quicker. Sometimes people use speed readings as shiftpoints, and so on.

The clock... well I like it, but I don't use it. It is absolutely pointless at times, and it really has only been glanced at 1 time out of the hundreds of late-night races I've had. Would much rather have the dash revamped to look nicer and more realistic, than to worry if the clock will stay or be removed.
"What LFS needs... is more clocks."
Quote from tristancliffe :I love the smell of Napalm at South City in the morning

We need gun attachments to the cars! Mad Max mod! Yeah! \/
Any information you can get would be benificial. Clocks, Revs, Mph, nearest drivethrough. But it should be custurmisable to the nth degree, some drivers like to know everything, some drivers just want to drive . .

As my dad was fond of saying, you can always take it away but you can't put back what you ain't got . . . . Or something anyway. I really should have listened to my father more, it's always one of those things that you don't learn untill to late. I think he said soimething about that too . . .
Patch? Ok here goes my prediction of what will happen.
In approx. 6 months from now, a physics patch will be released. It will fix the aero exploit and tire physics. The high nose setups won't be useable anymore and will even (as they should) slow cars down, and maybe flip them over. The cars will be awesome fun to drive with improved tire physics. But! There will not be preload on diff implemented, no lock on clutch pack diff, no speed adjusting dampers, no 3rd spring on cars it would apply to, no ground effects, no non-symetrical suspension settings, the wheels will still have no bolts and be untextured, the dashboards will be the same and there will be nothing changed for the sounds either. Oh but wait wait wait, we will have one new Aston config available! What for anything else? Wait for S2 Final in a year (that's August 2007 for you my friends).

I will say that I have not played LFS for probably 2 or 3 months now, and my life isn't going any worse. I will play it again the day a patch will be out to see what has been made, and hopefully the devs will have proven this post more than 50% wrong with many more features/improvements than I believe we will get.
There are people that use a speedo? Only rev counter. Anything else is bad-habit in my book.

Vain
Quote from Nick_ll :Patch? Ok here goes my prediction of what will happen.

Quote from Vain :There are people that use a speedo? Only rev counter. Anything else is bad-habit in my book.

Yeah thats fine for real life, but every time you change gear ratio's the RPM references you may have go out the window, and also in the absence of a true sence of speed, the speedo is the only way to go imo
Infact it frustrates me that the virtual speedo or Rev counter for those that like that, is stuck down in the bottom corner of the screen... I'd like it to be custonizable in size and positioning

And Nick if thats all that was in the patch it's fine by me but I predict it will be abit sooner in that case
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :ack, I thought you were call me down for thinking the clocks were cool!

Nah wouldnt do that!! I forgot to quote Soro, I can see how it could have looked like I was calling you a fool. I will be more careful next time

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG