The online racing simulator
Quote from Clownpaint :I agree with the Brazilians, progress on this game is at least 6 months behind where I thought it would be when I payed for it but I believe Scawen is working now, so I'm letting him get on with it. What I want to know now is are the sounds and floating barriers being fixed/improved?

Me too.
And , what happened with Eric Bailey? Scawen were doing improvements in international support (among other things), Victor is always busy with the webs & LFSWorld .... but how about Eric?
Eric is likely improving cockpits and cars, alteast I think he's doing that.

Also, mosquito hit the nail on the head, I'm really getting tired of all this demanding and requesting and moaning. It has been explained SO OFTEN why we have what we currently have, yet people come back to flood the devs with their "wisdom" and "warnings" that we've heard millions of times already, that have been acknowledged by the devs, that have been answered by the devs.

We are all for improvement suggestions and tips or pointing out things that are not right, but please make sure that you're not posting these things for the millionth time because it gets really boring and frustrating. The devs read almost any post so pointing anything out once or twice is enough. If they don't reply that doesn't mean they didn't read it.
The Adventures of Scawan & Victin
Well Scawen said at Christmas time they had hoped to give us some updates/fixes and a track. So I reckon Eric is probaly making another track/conig but I can't find that post of Scawens as the forum doesn't go far enough back.

Keiran

edit// lol mosquito25
Hate and discrimination? Why not racism while you're at it?
What I do discriminate is incessant spamming of message boards with inquiries already answered, perspectives already proven erroneous, dilemnas already debated as moot.
All of this with a stubborn woe-is-me, engrish flavor, is comical.
Call it caricaturing, if you will..
and what's loving the devs got to do with anything?
If anyone's going passionately apeshit over this, it's those guys.

I'm having good races in a few different leagues, there's plenty of cars and tracks and combinations of the two, tons of different settings and setups, a respectable amount of bugs to laugh about, and if that weren't enough, there's a physics improvement patch, better cockpits, more features, more funny bugs, more psychotic fans/hatemail/whining posts on their way..
What more could you ask for?

If all the races, without exception, that I've taken part of in the last month or so, were a dinner with 100 guests, it'd be a quiet dinner with no sound but the constant munching and gobbling and chewing of fine food and drink.. with the occasional -pass me the salt.
No complaints worth writing home about.
Quote from AndroidXP :Eric is likely improving cockpits and cars, alteast I think he's doing that.

That's what I say.
Where did you hear that?
At the EAS but :shhh:
Look at the post title: Scawan & Victin
I know he's not looking like Robin, but that's the best pic I've found ^^
And Eric is shooting with his camera

Edited: I made a mistake
I really don't understand why all this balllicking towards the devs.

Let's discuss the FACTS, and not subjective things:

1) LFS is beta. Yes, it is. For almost 8 months now. We absolutely should have had some progress reports, or as Mogar stated, know we are fixing this and that.
2) Why the BHM and AutoSimSport awards? Because the community voted. Not racing experts. Not professional drivers. We already know this, and 9 out of 10 professional drivers will say GTR and GTL are WAY better than LFS (can't disagree there. And btw, yes, I also play GTL, so don't come with the nonsense "if u dont like it dont play it")
3) WTF is this that whenever someone has any complaints about the game or the physics you will come flaming everyone?????? We said over and over again that we UNDERSTAND how LFS is being developed. But it comes to a point where you just run out of patince waiting for something that should already be done.
4) In the other "brazilian" thread, SpeedSoro warned about the other developers. And was FLAMED for that. I need to say that I really have high expectations for GTR2. And if the LFS Team doesn't keep up to par, they will lose a lot of supporters (even the hardcvore, that will have to understand the REALITY someday).

I know I will be flamed for this, but Forums are places to post OPINIONS, and also COMPLAINTS and SUGGESTIONS about games. It shouldn't be a protective place where if the developers are criticized there will be a lot of "ball-lickers" to flame the other guys.

[ ]'s
#88 - Vain
The easiest way for developers to get and keep a great community is to stay in touch with it. And to my knowledge this is also how this community has come to happen.
Now I'd like to know why the devs think that letting the community alone will help LFS in any way.

Vain
Quote from mosquito25 :This question comes back every month (moon related?)

indirectly i guess you are right. but if u wanna be more direct, i suspect its a tampax issue.
If I was flaming you, you'd know it.
Quote from Falkowski83 :balllicking the devs.

No.
Quote :FACTS
1)We absolutely should have had some progress reports, or know we are fixing this and that.

No.
We do.
Quote :2) BHM and AutoSimSport

Who cares?
Quote :3) WTF??????

No flames, just calling your posts for what they are.
Quote : We UNDERSTAND But you just run out of patince waiting for something that should

You don't understand. Or you do understand, but ADD kicks in right after that.
I'm not running out of patience, you are. Try not waiting at all.
When anything should or should not be, regarding LFS, is up to the devs, not you.
Quote :4) In the other "brazilian" thread, SpeedSoro warned about the other developers. And was FLAMED for that. I need to say that I really have high expectations for GTR2. And if the LFS Team doesn't keep up to par, they will lose a lot of supporters (even the hardcvore, that will have to understand the REALITY someday).

Cry me a river... Play what you want, want what you play, it's just a game. The devs aren't living under a rock, they don't need you to stay up to date on actualities of the simracing world.
Quote :flamed for this

Paranoia
Quote :OPINIONS, COMPLAINTS and SUGGESTIONS

But not whining posts in caps, every other day, with the same debunked points recycled over and over.
Quote :It shouldn't be

Not up to you to decide.
Quote :if the developers are criticized there will be a lot of "ball-lickers" to flame the other guys.

Sort of like you balllick each other. Or flame those that consistently point out the inconsistencies in your posts.
What's next? Fascism accusations?
Quote :balllicking the devs.

No.
Wait!.. let me think about that..
No.
Quote :I've got emotional issues over a game

Now, that might be flaming if it wasn't true.

If you're so sure about all this, get in direct contact with the devs, should you have a point, they'll certainly hear you out and let you know what they think and why.
Then again they might be busy doing something else than catering to your impatience and lack of perspective.
Quote from Gabkicks :i dont think i've ever heard a toilet called a water closet

Never seen toilet signs with "WC"? Like this: http://www4.plala.or.jp/Yokky/cafe/ud/cityhall/sign2f.gif I think that's not usual in USA then.

Quote from AndroidXP :Eric is likely improving cockpits and cars, at least I think he's doing that.

That's the problem.

Quote :The devs read almost any post so pointing anything out once or twice is enough. If they don't reply that doesn't mean they didn't read it.

In the other hand it kinda means exactly that... in certain cases at least.

Quote from Falkowski83 :2) Why the BHM and AutoSimSport awards? Because the community voted. Not racing experts. Not professional drivers. We already know this, and 9 out of 10 professional drivers will say GTR and GTL are WAY better than LFS (can't disagree there. And btw, yes, I also play GTL, so don't come with the nonsense "if u dont like it dont play it")

How come? You got any facts behind that? The two major reasons for that might be that: 1. GTL/GTR are based on real series -> it just looks more realistic to real drivers. 2. GTL/GTR are more famous. I bet very small minority of the real drivers that have some kind of history with sim games have even tried LFS. I just read from the Vienna Car Show thread that some real racer who drove Caterhams who had tried the Cyberseat with LFS was very impressed with LFS & LX4. Of course this is just one example. My point is that there are lots of more real race drivers in GTR/GTL community mostly because of the real licenses and the publicity that those games have had.

And one more point: altough we are talking about sims they're still GAMES and made for gamers, not for real drivers.

And I also have a little question for GTL players. Don't you think that GTL has a lot more bugs and flaws than LFS currently?

PS. Don't get me wrong, I still pretty much agree with Mogar & co.
I think to new drivers (and this included professional drivers who are not used to sim-racing) would tend to prefer the fudged physics of GTR and GTL etc, the excessive grip to make it easier and the flashy sound effects. But after, ooooooh, about 30 seconds it's obvious that LFS has so much more than any of them.

as Kid says, no other sim comes even remotely close to LFS in the tyre simulation department. No sim (currently) offers a sound system with which you can drive, shift and heel and toe just by ear. No sim offers a damage model as awesome as LFS's. Sure, bits don't fall off, a tiny bug in the aero means noses have to be high, and below 30mph you can notice a few grip issues, but does that really mean that much?

And bear in mind that Scawen WILL fix the tyres and aero bugs, improve the damage and sound modelling, and add the flashy effects that newbies so desire. Not immediately, but as it's done and perfected more. Do you think rFactor will ever release a patch to attach the cars to the track, or attach the steering wheel to at least some part of the car? No!!! Do you think GTR2 will be any better than any other ISI/G-Motor 'sim', other than flashier graphics? No, I doubt it.

If you want to compare sims, at least give LFS a break and compare it to the only other sim that poses a threat - NetKar. And it's only conjecture 'cos no-ones played it. It might be poo.
Quote from tristancliffe :INo sim offers a damage model as awesome as LFS's. Sure, bits don't fall off...

I already asked about this on some other thread. I don't undestand how can anyone call LFS's damage model good at the current stage? Of course the dynamic way it's been done is way better than "scripted damage model" but currently it lacks so many things.

Quote :Do you think rFactor will ever release a patch to attach the cars to the track, or attach the steering wheel to at least some part of the car? No!!! Do you think GTR2 will be any better than any other ISI/G-Motor 'sim', other than flashier graphics? No, I doubt it.

Damn good point. I've also asked this few times from the ISI/Simbin fans. I didn't get answers.
Quote from Falkowski83 :I really don't understand why all this balllicking towards the devs.

Let's discuss the FACTS, and not subjective things:

1) LFS is beta. Yes, it is. For almost 8 months now. We absolutely should have had some progress reports, or as Mogar stated, know we are fixing this and that.

no, alpha
Quote :
2) Why the BHM and AutoSimSport awards? Because the community voted. Not racing experts. Not professional drivers. We already know this, and 9 out of 10 professional drivers will say GTR and GTL are WAY better than LFS (can't disagree there. And btw, yes, I also play GTL, so don't come with the nonsense "if u dont like it dont play it")

I saw real racedrivers play LFS, and they were really impressed.
Quote :
3) WTF is this that whenever someone has any complaints about the game or the physics you will come flaming everyone?????? We said over and over again that we UNDERSTAND how LFS is being developed. But it comes to a point where you just run out of patince waiting for something that should already be done.

because you simply do not have the right to ORDER a progress report. If the devs want to/can, they give you one, if not you dont get one
Quote :
4) In the other "brazilian" thread, SpeedSoro warned about the other developers. And was FLAMED for that. I need to say that I really have high expectations for GTR2. And if the LFS Team doesn't keep up to par, they will lose a lot of supporters (even the hardcvore, that will have to understand the REALITY someday).

you know what? I might even buy gtr2 the time it is out. But if any new patch for LFS comes after that, I'll be back as everyone. Yes, just go and enjoy it, play other games, but the moment you get the email with the newsletter, you'll be back, I'll promise. And you know why? Cause you wont have to pay 50,- Euros for that update
Quote :
I know I will be flamed for this, but Forums are places to post OPINIONS, and also COMPLAINTS and SUGGESTIONS about games. It shouldn't be a protective place where if the developers are criticized there will be a lot of "ball-lickers" to flame the other guys.

[ ]'s

you arent flamed, you just showed that there is still some lack of infos and understanding in the part of the "EA gives me every year an update for 50,- euros, I want one in LFS too" part of the community
Quote from tristancliffe :Sure, bits don't fall off, a tiny bug in the aero means noses have to be high, and below 30mph you can notice a few grip issues, but does that really mean that much?

The bugs are not tiny Tristan, GTR cars in endurance races are racing exclusively with soft compounds, locked differencials and suspension which would make the car fly on real race track. It has been pointed out that this makes LFS look more arcadish than many other sims out there.

People have been racing like this for months and no one actually knows, IF and WHEN these things will be fixed. That's what irritates people most in my opinion. Not that I disagree with you, I know it's work in progress and it's being worked on... (probably).
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Physic updates? The devs released many patches, but much less physic updates (I'm playing since 2004)

Edit : Sry, I was wrong, updated (thx Tristancliffe)

Edit2 : OT now
iirc there were only 2 physics updates during the whole of S1, but I can't remember the updates. You know you can see the history of LFS News on liveforspeed.net, so you can see how often we got updates and what they had.

But yes, we know Scawen is working on them, or has them on his list of things to do. He is not ignoring these issues. As for the damage, I know it's limited now, but look at the potential of LFS's damage. Adding bits falling off, and you'll have quite quickly a damage model 500% better than anything so far. Right now I think LFS's damage is easily comparable to ISI games, just without bits falling off and being hit.
Quote from tristancliffe :As for the damage, I know it's limited now, but look at the potential of LFS's damage. Adding bits falling off, and you'll have quite quickly a damage model 500% better than anything so far. Right now I think LFS's damage is easily comparable to ISI games, just without bits falling off and being hit.

But right now it isn't very good. As I said the dynamic way that it's done is of course the right way to develope it but currently it just lacks in so many areas that I can't call it good.

For me the best damage model is in RBR. Not perfect and scripted too but mostly because of the so called "fatality factor" - one crash and rally is over. I've been playing RBR from it's release but I just recently found out how accurate the damage model is. Even the the door locks are breakable (and you can repair those locks separetely from the actual door).
I think it's even funnier/awsome if your door falls off and suddenly the engine sounds completely different, like all those outside noises coming in much louder from the side the door fell off

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG