The online racing simulator
lol

You have to understand though that as things develop further the coding is going to get more difficult. Scawen doesn't have near the same resources as most other developers do. I'm pretty sure Simbin will be getting information from teams for the GTR games.

Scawen has posted he knows the problems and we know he is fixing them. I'd rather he take his time, rather than find we get another patch with another problem because of the changes he made to fix one problem.

If the devs were after the money they'd not have developed the project this far. They would have smacked it all together and sold S1 to some publisher. Then they'd have done the same with S2 etc. Instead we are getting a great game for the price of £12 each stage. Look at GTR it's got loads of bugs and now there is a new one coming out soon which is going to cost £30-35 on top of what you paid for GTR £30-35.

So far you seem to be the only one panicing about things. Go play another game if you find LFS isn't fun but there is obviously plenty of people who don't feel the same way you do because LFS has by far the most active online community of any racing sim.

Keiran
What's wrong with you, Keiran... This is about Mogar/Soro/Whatever's navel, not the proper development of LFS.
Quote from keiran :lol

Instead we are getting a great game for the price of £12 each stage.

You know, everyone says that. but I don't like to look at it that way.
Because looking at it that way, to me means paying about 65$ (US)
for a game that I can't get all of yet. That just SOUNDS wrong.
espescially when complete games here are around $50. It sounds better to me if you call S-1 a complete game and S-2 and 3 expansion packs.
then it sounds like a hell of a deal.

off topic: I been looking at this GTL(?) game. the screenshots look good
the cars look great... then I hear the FPS horror stories from people that have
massive Game machines that can't get a decent performance from playing it. I'm really glad LFS isn't that way. I think that putting out video games
that are basically the same thing over & over, yet needing bigger and more expensive hardware requirements to play them is a very very BIG reason
Games aren't selling so good. I'm sorry, but I ain't gonna get a game of ANY sort that needs me to do about $300 in upgrades when basically it's the same crap as 5-10 years ago - only prettier.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Breizh :What's wrong with you, Keiran... This is about Mogar/Soro/Whatever's navel, not the proper development of LFS.

Quote : I believe that the paranoids have sufficient reasons to believe that the development process of LFS is gonna be stopped, or at least S2 final is going to be what we have today, and we will have to wait for S3 to get the aerodynamics and the other bugs fixed.

We all know that the costs to live in England are pretty high, and LFS is someway cheap and have a small number of licensed drivers.

The latest language patches are the kind of thing that is on the last lines of the to do list, something that is done before releasing an almost finished product.

So, there is a possibility that devs are doing the last touches to give LFS an aspect of a finished product, give us a last patch with minor updates on physics and abandon the LFS project or at least, abandon S2 and leave all other updates to S3, since they are probably not making sufficient money from LFS, and they are stuck on S2 development for quite a long time (so they need to go to S3 to make more money to live, or even the money from the ppl that are waiting S2 final to buy the license).

And I bet that they thought that the number of licensed drivers would be much higher than it actually is.

Quote : LFS already has a small market, and it can not survive only from the hardcore fans, and it's good that Scawen don't forget this.

Thats the points I was getting at. I was just saying that if the LFS devs were after money they'd be charging us £35 a go rather than £12.

Keiran
Quote from Racer Y :off topic: I been looking at this GTL(?) game. the screenshots look good
the cars look great... then I hear the FPS horror stories from people that have
massive Game machines that can't get a decent performance from playing it.

That would represent me. Although I don't have a "massive Game machine", if I ran LFS at the options I run GTL with getting only 20 FPS max, I'd probably be well over 100 in LFS. GTL I have to run 1024x768x16 with no gfx card options, direct X 7, no other cars on the track, and all ingame options at the lowest level. And I only get 20 FPS in certain spots on the demo track. More like 15 average normally. Completely undrivable and uncontrollable. LFS I run 1152x864x32 with AA/AF, with 20+ others on track, in multiplayer on a 56k dialup connection connected from the US to all around the world. Other US, UK, Brazil, Germany, Australia, I've connected and raced successfully everywhere.

I really wanted to run GTL because driving the American V8's would be awesome, but the graphics engine obviously is garbage if I can run LFS with high settings and looking beautiful, but GTL doesn't even run on the lowest settings.
lol gtl is a funny game, i also tried the dx7 and all on low and the result was crappy performance, altough with dx9 and somethings on high and others in medium it ran around 30-50fps except for some parts in that it would choke for no reason. also the camera view influences alot the fps like in lfs, after the race is over and the computer takes control of the car the fps jump to 90+ strangely. sure is one wierd game engine.
Quote :Thats the points I was getting at. I was just saying that if the LFS devs were after money they'd be charging us £35 a go rather than £12.

But they need to make money at least to eat, live in a decent place, hang out with friends or girlfriends sometimes.... They don't look like want to be rich with LFS, but they need to make money to be able to live at least. Unless they start to do farming on their gardens, make their own clothes, but even then they would have to pay for their home.

Quote :
What's wrong with you, Keiran... This is about Mogar/Soro/Whatever's navel, not the proper development of LFS.

I think that you didn't understand that I'm not against the way that LFS is being developed (or more exactly, the purpose of LFS, that is to be the most realistic simulator ever, without commercial pressures, but with a close relationship with the costumers and fans from hardcore racing simulators), but the lack of news about the developing process like we had on S1 days. In the old days, we knew what changes were gonna be made, now, we just know that "a patch with bug fixes will be released when it's ready", but how far from being ready is something that officially we don't have a single report for more than 7 months.

I like much more the relationship that the devs had with the community on the old days than today. They seemed to care much more about the community than they care today.

I trust that devs will fix those bugs someday, or else, I wouldn't have spent my money on S2 before it's officially released.
blablabla and blebleble but the fact is that SCAWEN has taken a rest for a long time and now it is time to go back to work. Please, no more "that's the way we choose to work" excuses. :chairs:

While the lambs say amem they think everything is going ok, but there are voices here to say clear and loud: WE NEED A GOOD PHYSICS PATCH!resent:

No more excuses, no more laze, the time urges

PLEASE! I WANT TO COME BACK TO LFS!!!
Quote from Speed Soro :blablabla and blebleble but the fact is that SCAWEN has taken a rest for a long time and now it is time to go back to work. Please, no more "that's the way we choose to work" excuses. :chairs:

While the lambs say amem they think everything is going ok, but there are voices here to say clear and loud: WE NEED A GOOD PHYSICS PATCH!resent:

No more excuses, no more laze, the time urges

Are you their employer?

The simple fact is, if you don't like LFS (for WHATEVER reason), then don't play it. There are a vast majority of us that barely notice the funny grip 80% of the time, are not offended by the high nose bug, or Scawen's "way of working".

Yes, fixes would be nice. But LFS is still the best, BECAUSE it will be improved. Having people moan about lack of updates, didgy physics, Scawen's work ethic or whatever will have no effect on the development pace of LFS. They make LFS because they want to, not because YOU want it.
Quote from tristancliffe :There are a vast majority of us that barely notice the funny grip 80% of the time

Ever noticed that when you go to the WC and there's a horrible smell of shit but after few minutes your nose gets used to it?
lol angry cranky brazilians. go get some bunda and take a break from lfs.

what does WC stand for? omg we can say shit and it wont get censored.. i wonder what else we can say *#$ %#*% %@*%@ @$#$#* %@$%
#63 - Gunn
Quote from Speed Soro :

I'm confused. You seem to dislike LFS, the way the devs work etc. You seem to not understand at all what LFS actually is. You don't accept answers that are given to your questions, you refuse to aknowledge the hard work of Scawen and co.

Yet you seem to believe that your whinging will somehow change the way things are done?

I feel sorry for you if this is true. You are in for a miserable ride.
Quote from Gabkicks :what does WC stand for?

Toilet?
Quote from deggis :Toilet?

Or to be more specific:

WC is the short form of water closet
i dont think i've ever heard a toilet called a water closet
be happy. at least with lfs there will be improvements. alot of GTR owners feel totally screwed by simbin
Quote from tristancliffe :The simple fact is, if you don't like LFS (for WHATEVER reason), then don't play it. There are a vast majority of us that barely notice the funny grip 80% of the time, are not offended by the high nose bug, or Scawen's "way of working".

Yes, fixes would be nice. But LFS is still the best, BECAUSE it will be improved. Having people moan about lack of updates, didgy physics, Scawen's work ethic or whatever will have no effect on the development pace of LFS. They make LFS because they want to, not because YOU want it.

ok, I am in.
I'll comment your post because it shows why lfs walks in turtle pace.

"The simple fact is, if you don't like LFS (for WHATEVER reason), then don't play it."
>We like LFS, we are kinda proud of those 3 guys. But if, for you, criticize means dislike.... if warnings means insults.... if ask for corrections about a product that I payed for is wrong.... sorry, I thought you were from this planet.

"There are a vast majority of us that barely notice the funny grip 80% of the time, are not offended by the high nose bug"
>ignorance is a bless. knowledge is a curse. A minority of us notice the irritating grip more then 80% of the time. All of this minority are offended by the "high nose bug". And you can ask: "WHY? Why you care that much?" Because it must be a SIM because it were first created to be a SIM and I spent my money on it because they told me it would be a SIM. A SIM cant have all these bugs.
U know what is a SIM, right? Comes from simulation. Simulation, in the present case, means to reproduce the real life driving into a game. I've never seen a high nose formula. Hmmm, I think it wont work. Why it works on LFS? Because its a bug. Why this bug is not fixed yet??? You already answered: "There are a vast majority of us that ... are not offended by the high nose bug"

"Yes, fixes would be nice. But LFS is still the best, BECAUSE it will be improved."
>Nonsense. I cant say something is the best now because someday it will be improved up to a level considered the best. I am studying law. I cant say I am the best bacause someday, maybe, I will absorve all the law's information.
What really matters is the present. LFS is not the best now. Future improvements cant change the present state.

"Having people moan about lack of updates, didgy physics, Scawen's work ethic or whatever will have no effect on the development pace of LFS"
It would if the majority of YOU act like the minority of us. All is perfect for you. Have you tried others SIMs recently? I hope you didn't, I dont want to believe the majority of LFS players (like you said) cant notice the diference. Because, if you dont, its the same thing play NFS and LFS. If you notice difference and think LFS is more realistic, you dont know the Real Life.

"They make LFS because they want to, not because YOU want it."
The make LFS because they want to earn money. They like to make it. But they need the money. If they dont put a good product on the market, it wont sell. LFS is good? Yeah. Its is the best? NO. Fixes can chance things? Yeah. I'd buy LFS now, considering the other options? NO. But I've already bought it... almost two years ago.... when it was the best... am I repent.....no.....not yet
Quote from Gabkicks :i dont think i've ever heard a toilet called a water closet

But it could be called like that :P
i think that lfs is mostly about making a game as close to reality "physics wise" as possible along with easy and efficient coding and interface. Money doesnt appear to be top on the list. if it is then the 3 men in charge sure have me fooled.
Name one game that beats LFS for the real feel of a car ?? FF is the most important part of a racing sim without that then it really can't feel of much.

So far I can only see about 3 of your complaining so the majority rule over the minority. Let the devs do what they like and be glad that you own the best racing game available

Keiran
Quote from BRG Renato :"They make LFS because they want to, not because YOU want it."
The make LFS because they want to earn money. They like to make it. But they need the money. If they dont put a good product on the market, it wont sell. LFS is good? Yeah. Its is the best? NO. Fixes can chance things? Yeah. I'd buy LFS now, considering the other options? NO. But I've already bought it... almost two years ago.... when it was the best... am I repent.....no.....not yet

My goodness, why is it mostly the Brazilian community that doesn't want to understand how LFS works (or whines all day about it)? Different mentality? Different way of thinking? I dunno

The point you mentioned above shows exactly why you have no idea of how LFS works. The devs aim for this game is to make the most accurate simulation ever. The money is not the main goal, unlike in most (all?) ISI games.

Also, "we" play plenty of other sims and we do notice the difference - and this is the very reason why we still play LFS, because IMO no other sim comes close to this. Besides that, have you ever noticed how seldomly Scawen posted in the last month, no? This is because he's working his a** off to get the last few bugs/oddities fixed. He has said that multiple times. Yet you still continue to whine how you don't like the progress. Maybe you want to start a debate about their business model again? Don't you ever get it?

This is just sad
:p
.. so far, the universe is winning.

Maybe we can sick the Viper gang on the Wests.. now, those guys are money haggling thieves.. and both the most promising and vaporware developers to boot..
Fraud personified!
#74 - JJ72
Why the hate towards those who ask for more? I think even if there's some lack of understanding among our brazilian fellow it's still something understandable and actually everyone has their own vision on what LFS should be, the fact is most of us are being more forgiving on scawan and co. then any other developers, however it's a vote on trust and long term partnership, not a vote on logic. Okay we understand that this relationship can only work with patience and support, however you can't blame someone for not being able to show enough patience, there's a personal limit/scale to such things and it's their choice how they deal with it. The forum rules doesn't say you MUST love the dev and love the game, but the forum does state that offensive behavior is a big no no.

We all know it's a hard thing to wait for, so why not give each other a break? How does this discrimination on "viper gang" help the game being better anyway?
Why? hmmmm

Maybe because (*) :
  • Scawen already replied many times "There will not be any progress report till we have something interresting to say" and "I will not realease any other patch before ALL physic's updates are ready", and HE EXPLAINED WHY!
  • It has been quoted many times
  • Sawen thanked some member for trying to explain again and again and again
  • This question comes back every month (moon related?)
  • Some of them are trolling BHM awards topic : starting here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=70007#post70007
  • There's another thread (now closed) where they asked all these question and received the same awnsers, including eight posts by Scawen himself : http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ghlight=suggestionawnsers
(*) not exhaustive list

ps : I'm not hating them, but I'm really bored with these recurrent posts

Edit : added a link

Edit2 : updated # Scawen's awnsers in topic "not a suggestion"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG