The online racing simulator
Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
80 km/h on a 40 km/h limit.
40km/h limit? :| wtf, that's walking speed.
Quote from BlueFlame :40km/h limit? :| wtf, that's walking speed.

:doh: You know yesterday a guy claimed that he could do 60 km/h with his bicycle
Quote from hyntty ::doh: You know yesterday a guy claimed that he could do 60 km/h with his bicycle

Yea... that's possible...
Quote from hyntty ::doh: You know yesterday a guy claimed that he could do 60 km/h with his bicycle

... and do 30 km at that speed...
Quote from hyntty :... and do 30 km at that speed...

Ok, I don't even think Albert Onestone could do the math for the pain he would be in if he attempted that!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How fast was he/she driving and in what car? Like what speed in what limit?

The reason its so high is because in Finland, speeding fines are proportional to your income. He was a sausage entrepeneur IIRC
  • Jussi Salonoja is a Finnish entrepreneur and businessman. He inherited millions from his sausage entrepreneur dad Erkki Salonoja at the age of 11.
Walls sausages for the win!
Quote from J@tko :The reason its so high is because in Finland, speeding fines are proportional to your income. He was a sausage entrepeneur IIRC

Oh.. that's a pretty good way of doing things actually. Fine a billionaire 60 quid for doing 95 on a motorway, and he doesn't care.

Fine a single parent with 3 kids £60 for doing 34 in a 30 trying to get her kids to school who's lost their job in the financial meltdown with the same amount of money and it's very different.

37mph - that's not that hard at all. I've done 45mph on mine, downhill admittedly.

but yes, i couldn't cover 30km like that Not unless it was a reeeeaaaally long hill..
Quote from BlueFlame :40km/h limit? :| wtf, that's walking speed.

40 km/h limit is very usual on urban areas with a lot light traffic. IE. when children walk beside the road it is good to have a low limit.
On urban areas I like to respect those low limits.

I think that you know it already, but 40 km/h is a lot faster than walking.

On this little village road (what is in bad shape) near I live in, my speed is usually 20-30 km/h.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :the nissan skyline is actually only illegal in California.

Quote from EmilO :It is? Why?

Probably because the car manufacturer needs to give few samples for the us authorities for crash testing before the car is allowed to be registered (or sold?). Nissan didn't either want to give few cars for crash testing or then it is some other issue...?
Quote from BigPeBe :40 km/h limit is very usual on urban areas with a lot light traffic. IE. when children walk beside the road it is good to have a low limit.
On urban areas I like to respect those low limits.

I think that you know it already, but 40 km/h is a lot faster than walking.

On this little village road (what is in bad shape) near I live in, my speed is usually 20-30 km/h.

In the UK the speed only drops this low in car parks or in a really wierd place inside a city.
40 KMPH is like what? 18-25mph? Something like that, some small villages have temp 20mph limits before and after School time when an insitute for learning is located in the vicinity.
Quote from JJ72 :it's the Yamato.

and the only reason they didn't put enough fuel in it, was because it was on a suicide mission, they were going to intentionally beach it on the opposite side of okinawa from the U.S forces, to create unsinkable artillery. But it got intercepted by U.S planes before it reached it's destination.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :40 KMPH is like what? 18-25mph? Something like that, some small villages have temp 20mph limits before and after School time when an insitute for learning is located in the vicinity.

Calculation is roughly 5mph = 8kmph so 40kmph is about 25 mph. Well usually 30mph for built up areas so not really that much slower.
40 Kmh = 24.8496 Mph
Quote from BlueFlame :In the UK the speed only drops this low in car parks or in a really wierd place inside a city.

50 km/h is a standard limit here in Finland for urban areas, 40 km/h is then used in more busy areas, city centers and in places where is a lot light traffic. On tiny non paved village roads and in some cases in school areas it is 30 km/h.

50 km/h is ~30 mph, if I'm not completely mistaken that's a normal speed limit in UK in urban areas?

On driving school they teached me that on urban areas you doesn't always have to drive as fast as the limit allows, when visibility is low and children are playing among the road in can be dangerous to drive even 40 km/h.

60 km/h is a normal "pre urban" area limit here, 80 km/h is normal for nice "windy road" and 100 km/h for a normal highway. 120 km/h is the highest allowed speed in Finland and that limit is used on "big" highways.
oh I agree, but it's the 20kp/h limit that seems a bit too slow, theres rarely any areas in the UK that are this speed unless it's a parkinglot, or a one way system around a shopping outlet.
  • 25% of a human's bones are in the feet.
  • The 2 computers aboard Apollo 11 had a combined memory of 152Kb.
  • At 3.30am the average human becomes incapable of writing more than 2 facts.
:tired:
Quote from Monk Fish :
  • 25% of a human's bones are in the feet.
  • The 2 computers aboard Apollo 11 had a combined memory of 152Kb.
  • At 3.30am the average human becomes incapable of writing more than 2 facts.
:tired:

25% of a humans bones can't be in the feet, unless you have REALLY big feet. It's a hard one to explain, I know what you mean, but 25% of a humans bone, are not in the feet! :P put it together, it's just about a lower leg
  • The smallest bones in the human body are in the ear
Quote from BlueFlame :25% of a humans bones can't be in the feet, unless you have REALLY big feet. It's a hard one to explain, I know what you mean, but 25% of a humans bone, are not in the feet! :P put it together, it's just about a lower leg
  • The smallest bones in the human body are in the ear

uh...what?
I thought ears were just tissues and cartliage(sp?)

Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG