The online racing simulator
Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
Quote from sam93 :(I think you can tell I am a Bruce Lee fan, most likely to be the best martial artists ever, better then Chuck Norris, who in my opinion doesn't come close to Bruce Lee)

Norris only became an Internet fad because he is a Yank and a rubbish actor.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Norris only became an Internet fad because he is a Yank and a rubbish actor.

true dat. Norris's only move is the roundhouse kick. wow, scary. also, did you know if he was one a game, every single one of his moves would be a roundhouse kick? LOL.
Quote from niall09 :Who's that then? Your step-mothers uncle in law cousin's 2nd cousin's aunt twice removed?

i laughed right when I saw this. also...
  • in 1956, electric door locks were first invented
  • in 1958, Chrysler introduced the first day-night rear view mirror.
  • in 1916, 55% of the worlds cars were Ford Model Ts
  • the most expensive speeding ticket ever recorded was made by a Koenigsegg CC8S in Texas, US.
  • America is in a global struggle for energy right now (like, DUH!)
Alright to the Swedish!
ok. one more reply. this is mostly on baseball
  • when you sneeze, your sneeze accelerate from 0-100 mph (0-160 kph) in just 2 seconds
  • most professional tennis ball players can hit the tennis ball faster than what most cars go. that is 150 mph+ (or 250 kph)
  • the fastest baseball ever pitched was recorded 100.2 mph
  • the collision of a baseball hitting the bat lasts 1/1000th of a second.
  • a professional batter hits a baseball at 6000-8000 pounds of pressure. this is enough to blow your torso and head off!
  • most people today think Christopher Columbus discovered America. he discovered Cuba.
  • English is one of the easiest languages to learn, and asian languages are some of the hardest to learn
  • if you travelled the whole equator, never travelling away from the equator, and stopped at the starting point, you would have travelled 25,000 miles. That is equal to 132,000,000 feet, 40,233.5 kilometers, 40,233,500 meters, and 4,023,335,000 centimeters.
  • you gain more calories sleeping than you do watching TV
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :thats because evolution doesn't exist; it's some retarded idea an American came up with (I think ).

I'll treat that one as humour (but still). If not it's an unmitigated facepalm.
Quote from Kalev EST :In Estonia that number is 13 liters...

The biggest drunks in the world are Estonians, Finns and Russians. What is wrong with this corner of the world?

theres nothing wrong in there, the places are not in that great corner have got problem. they should drink some too, everything seems to be much funnyer and nicer when you drink. and theres some drunken idiots on street who give money away cos they dont get the value of it
Possibly my most favourite fact ever:
  • Charlie Chaplin himself once entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest. He came 3rd
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :English is one of the easiest languages to learn, and asian languages are some of the hardest to learn

I thought English was one of the hardest languages to learn because the English language has words that sound the same but spelt different.
E.g. won, one, their, they're, there

Quote :Charlie Chaplin himself once entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest. He came 3rd

Lol.
Quote :Who's that then? Your step-mothers uncle in law cousin's 2nd cousin's aunt twice removed?

You missed a few iterations of the word 'and'.
English is so hard cos there's so many god damn irregulars and shortening of words.
Quote from Becky Rose :You missed a few iterations of the word 'and'.

Really? If i was saying that, i wouldn't use the word "and" because that would separate the line of family. comma's would too.

Quote from sam93 :I thought English was one of the hardest languages to learn because the English language has words that sound the same but spelt different.

Quote from J@tko :English is so hard cos there's so many god damn irregulars and shortening of words.

That happens in most languages.
Quote from sam93 :I thought English was one of the hardest languages to learn because the English language has words that sound the same but spelt different.

Lol.

actually, i got told finnish lanuange is the second hardest in the world
Quote from batteryy :actually, i got told finnish lanuange is the second hardest in the world

I don't think being unable to speak the language because you're drunk counts.

English is considered one of the easiest languages to speak but relativity hard to write.
I nearly feel embarrassed when I try to express myself, it's pretty pathetic really.
Just quickly did a search on google to see what are the hardest languages to learn and I got these results, not in order though: Finnish, Japanese and Mandarin. Japanese I say would be the hardest one out of the three as every word is a different symbol and it's not phonetic so it gives you no clues as to how it is pronounced. Dont know if that is true just got it off the net.
  • Phonetically Finnish is the easiest language in Europe
Quote from J@tko :Possibly my most favourite fact ever:
  • Charlie Chaplin himself once entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest. He came 3rd

So did Elvis. He also didn't win!
Quote from sam93 :Just quickly did a search on google to see what are the hardest languages to learn and I got these results, not in order though: Finnish, Japanese and Mandarin. Japanese I say would be the hardest one out of the three as every word is a different symbol and it's not phonetic so it gives you no clues as to how it is pronounced. Dont know if that is true just got it off the net.

well so is mandarin.
Ok, here's the mother of them all:

-A chicken once lived two years without it's head. It would have lived even more if the owners didn't forgot something one night.

-He's name was Mike

Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
Haha

"Mike, Mike, where's your head? Even without it, you're not dead!"
Quote :Japanese I say would be the hardest one out of the three as every word is a different symbol

I take it you are referring to Kanjii, one of the written forms of Japanese. Whilst not phonetic, much like Mandarin, learning a few symbols unlocks many more. For example, two upside down tears at a 45 degree angle above the character in Chinese typically means something relating to flight (think bird wings)... and so on and so on...
more relevant facts for the people please... keep em coming
  • Keke Rosberg was born on the Finnish day of independence in Sweden.
  • The patriot saint of businessmen (who had their share of bonuses) was called Homobonus

Car Naming howlers:
  • Mazda Laputa, in Spain Puta = Prostitute
  • Toyota MR2 in France MR2 in french = shit
  • Buick LaCrosse in Quebec LaCrosse = masturbation!
Other Car facts:
  • The ZAZ 966 came with a trap door in the floor to go frozen lake fishing in.
  • The worlds first ever car journey was done by a woman.
  • In Tennassee, it's illegal to drive whilst sleeping.
  • In Maryland, a man was arrested for doing 38mph in a 55mph zone
  • In Vancouver, it is still law that you have to carry an anchor with you whilst driving.
  • In Germany, it's illegal to make rude gestures at other drivers.
Quote from BAMBO :Ok, here's the mother of them all:

-A chicken once lived two years without it's head. It would have lived even more if the owners didn't forgot something one night.

-He's name was Mike

Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

I knew this one before, because he was beheaded on my birthdate :P
They believe that the actual brain of the chicken is within the stem of the neck, the connection of the rest of the body, TO the head, called the Brain Stem, and Mike still had a brain stem, so was able to survive. Until he choked and died Eventhough, he should of died anyway.. He shouldn't of been kept alive!

Random Facts Thread
(581 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG