The online racing simulator
Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
Making my own wheel
Hi,

since i kinda got bored of my momo, and reading bad things about the G25, and seen the FREX, so i decided to make myself a wheel, i'm using the old electronics of my momo, and make the cogwheels smaller so i can achieve more degrees of steering. The built is this in a very early stage, pics will maybe follow soon. Im going to make it like the FREX concept, google it if you don't know how it works. any people who have advice or a name for the wheel when it's done? all help will help me
Things i need to do:
-attach the engine to the wheel with a ballscrew.
-make a cover
-make up a name

-edit: made some photo's.

Latest update - 22 Feb

-Bose
Attached images
DSC01598.JPG
DSC01599.JPG
DSC01600.JPG
DSC01601.JPG
DSC01602.JPG
LOL Cockwheels
it's cogwheels

Nice project though!
lol, sorry for the typo
Well, I hope you understand that your FFB force will be a lot lower with Momo's internals?

Good luck anyway, I'm interested in seeing what you'll be done with
#5 - AMB
Call it the Bosemaster.......
yes, i do understand about the FFB. Since i have no idea how else i could make it work...

lol, any other names? how about momo 2.0 Limited edition?
Had to bump this, i got some questions about this.
I have a Genius Speed Wheel Force Feedback wich sucks but works relativelly well. I am trying to build my wheel using a circuit board i itend to buy next week, i got everything allright BUT the force feedback. i want to know how to get the force feedback from the game and make it work on my future wheel?
should i use my old wheel's FFB stuff? (or use only the circuit board to run the FFB motor?)
Any updates?

Edit : 2300th post.

:woohoo:
hi, good to hear people are interested im still waiting for the ballscrew, made the part that slides backwards and forwards on the ballscrew. so i only have to wait for the ballscrew, and then i could assemble it

Quote from Calvinaquino :Had to bump this, i got some questions about this.
I have a Genius Speed Wheel Force Feedback wich sucks but works relativelly well. I am trying to build my wheel using a circuit board i itend to buy next week, i got everything allright BUT the force feedback. i want to know how to get the force feedback from the game and make it work on my future wheel?
should i use my old wheel's FFB stuff? (or use only the circuit board to run the FFB motor?)

Yeah, you could, i don't know if it's any good though, since i don't know how to do this aswell (yet)
#10 - CSU1
Quote from Bose321 :
-attach the engine to the wheel with a ballscrew.

you got a pic of the ballscrew?
Quote from Bose321 :hi, good to hear people are interested im still waiting for the ballscrew.

Nope, but i think it will arive in 1-2 weeks
#12 - CSU1
is a pitty the motor cog can't be made bigger instead...
why is that a pitty? and why can't it be made biggeR?
Can't be made bigger but you can use 2 maybe?
yes indeed, but why couldn't you make it bigger? you could get out the shaft, i think, havn't tried
It'd be hard, prolly easier to adda nother transfer.

THat's the problem, the low force on low speed when trning on FFB. THe same problem the DFP has. That's why a G25 has 2 motors. That's why i was thinking about using 2 MOMO FFB motors. THe only problem is wiring them togheter to do the same thing at the same time. And the original electronics quite certainly wouldn't take 2 motors in parralel. That and exchange the momo wheel for a real momo or something else. That alone would aid in turning speed A LOT since it would be much lighter. You could still ad 2 or 3 buttons with a telephone spiral cord inbetween the wheel and the base, make the paddles Subaru WRC style fixed to the base, maybe even construct it to be swinged out of the way using one thumbscrew or something, use the second MOMO's buttons to make a H shifter and a pedal for a clutch. You could use the second pedal axis as a handbrake. Anything else needed?
Wiring them together???
on the same spot you connect the wires for one, you connect for the other, make them work in parallel i guess... if you put them by the side of the wheel axis, one on the left and the other on the right, i think you dont need to do anything else related to it.
EDIT: why wouldn't they work in parallel? theyre getting the same info(same eletric pulses...) or is it because the pulse must have a minimul voltage?
Well, i don't know for sure, but would it be good if i just buy a strong good motor? could the electronic board handle more voltage? well, i just use the stock motor, and i'll see...
get two stronger motors and do it like a g25 with twin ffb motors.
or 1 big motor, like FREX does.
Quote from CSU1 :is a pitty the motor cog can't be made bigger instead...

Why? Btw Bose, nice project.
Thanks, i hope i get the balscrew soon, and play LFS with a wheel, instead of a mouse. And try how the FFB performs
Hey, that looks cool.

Goodluck with the project.
ah cool project lets hope it will work
thanks, credits go to the company where i'm able to make this actualy, could just grab any material i want, and shape it etc, CNC drilling

Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG