The online racing simulator
Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
yes, im am testing it atm, pictures soon. it's almost done
Well, tested it yesterday. And i have sad news, if i can't find a new engine or a totaly new FFB system, this project isn't going to continue...
So if someone could help me, all the help is welcome. The engine is totaly dead

Attached images
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic1.jpg
Sorry for the triple post, but does somewhere here, or do you know someone that knows a bit about FFB systems?

im thinking of buying a controller and a AC Servo. but i heard it is VERY difficult, and the AC servos are very expensive. Does anyone have some info to share or links, whatever helps me.

Regards,

-Bose
Can you be specific about whats happening? weak ffb? (although seeing the pictures i see that i may be strong)
But im guessing the FFB doesnt know the wheel's direction maybe?
By the way, nice work =D. Don't give up! you're almost there.
Quote from Calvinaquino :Can you be specific about whats happening? weak ffb? (although seeing the pictures i see that i may be strong)
But im guessing the FFB doesnt know the wheel's direction maybe?
By the way, nice work =D. Don't give up! you're almost there.

Thanks. with weak FFB i mean: you almost feel no difference between: FFB on - FFB off. And i discovered that i misscalculated the degrees of steering. i meant 2x turning. but now it turns 2x from center, so that's 2x too much.
If i find a solution, i will continue it.
Quote from Bose321 :Thanks. with weak FFB i mean: you almost feel no difference between: FFB on - FFB off. And i discovered that i misscalculated the degrees of steering. i meant 2x turning. but now it turns 2x from center, so that's 2x too much.
If i find a solution, i will continue it.

i haven't read the full post, but have you tried applied direct power to the motor? and se what it does,
if that works out fine, try to put FFB on in a game, and check the voltages running to the motor.

just quick thinking
so now its turning 1440 degrees?
Looks good, but remember, wheel is not in 90degree position. its more like / than | it's also more comfortable to drive
I say one of the reasons is the wheel turning 2x more. another reason is the AC. If you can, check the box of the Momo to see what kind of voltage it works on, and apply it. i don't remember wellm but using an AC with a different settingm will not burn the device and will increase the strengh, to a limit.
Quote from Calvinaquino :I say one of the reasons is the wheel turning 2x more. another reason is the AC. If you can, check the box of the Momo to see what kind of voltage it works on, and apply it. i don't remember wellm but using an AC with a different settingm will not burn the device and will increase the strengh, to a limit.

i don't have the box anymore, but the most run on 5V

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Looks good, but remember, wheel is not in 90degree position. its more like / than | it's also more comfortable to drive

What do you mean?

Quote from G!NhO :so now its turning 1440 degrees?

yes

Quote from towz-T :i haven't read the full post, but have you tried applied direct power to the motor? and se what it does,
if that works out fine, try to put FFB on in a game, and check the voltages running to the motor.

just quick thinking

How can i do that?
Quote from Bose321 :
What do you mean?

He means that the wheel axle shouldn't be paralell to the ground, but angled slightly, so the wheel, when viewed from the side, isn't perfectly veritcal.
yeah i know, going to change that later on. but i first need to get it working 100%
Can you make a video of this? This is interesting
yeah show us a video of the FFB in action, maybe then we can help you
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Can you make a video of this? This is interesting

Don't really have something to make a video

Quote from G!NhO :yeah show us a video of the FFB in action, maybe then we can help you

What FFB?
FFB

Edit : Use your Sumsing 3000 Xi Multitask phone to make high quality movies to show to your freinds and family.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :FFB

Edit : Use your Sumsing 3000 Xi Multitask phone to make high quality movies to show to your freinds and family.

lol, i don't have one of those
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

haha that video is fun
i'll see if my digital camera can take a video. but there isn't alot to see tbh, just a good looking and working wheel with poor FFB
Quote from Bose321 :i'll see if my digital camera can take a video. but there isn't alot to see tbh, just a good looking and working wheel with poor FFB

just do it.

show us your awesome frankenstein wheel alive! :drevil:............................lol
Quote from G!NhO :just do it.

show us your awesome frankenstein wheel alive! :drevil:............................lol

lol, not today. First have to find some alive batteries, and then connect the wheel to my pc again, and set it up.
Hey, if your done with your own wheel. Could you make another one for me?
sure, if i get the FFB sorted, and you pay me, we have a deal.
Quote from Bose321 :sure, if i get the FFB sorted, and you pay me, we have a deal.

Really? How much?

Making my own wheel
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG