The online racing simulator
LFS realistic? i don't think so.
(86 posts, closed, started )
#1 - slugz
This game is pretty old, and the graphics are terrible. But I downloaded it because it supports the clutch for my G25.

Now the training exercises are pretty kool, but the racing itself is far from realistic.

First of all, the AI aponents love to bump you off the track, and that is not realistic.

Second of all, your car skids and loses traction when going 20-30km/h.

that is NOT realistic. This game has obsolete game physics. The only thing I can find that's realistic is the gear shifting, but you can't tear your clutch. So once again, not realistic.

I hope GTR 2 will seem more realistic, a good thing this game is torrent'ed because it's not worth buying.

I find GRiD to be 100x more realistic than this game.
You only get 6/10.

Put more effort into it next time, please.

Everybody has to start somewhere.

#3 - MR_B
6/10 Zeug? You're generous!

I'd have only given a 3/10! There wasn't even a link to an inaccurate youtube video!?
Hm.

Quote from slugz :

First of all, the AI aponents love to bump you off the track, and that is not realistic. Agreed.

Agreed.

I hope GTR 2 will seem more realistic
A man can dream.

Quote from slugz :
First of all, the AI aponents love to bump you off the track, and that is not realistic.

LFS is mostly online racing simulator so there si no big need to improve AI.
#6 - slugz
What kind of info do you want? the only way you can make turns is if you slow down to 20km or less per hour and that is just stupid.

maybe i need to enable brake assistance, because every time i brake no matter how LITTLE i apply the throttle, it just skids. The AI cars seem to turn at higher speeds no problem.

Maybe it's the wheel degree i chose. I'm using 200 when by default it's 720? i dunno.

Tell me what configuration you use, and what wheel you have.
Quote from slugz :This game is pretty old

It is constantly being updated.

Quote from slugz : and the graphics are terrible

Compared to what?

Quote from slugz : the racing itself is far from realistic.

Only if you race with the AI.

Quote from slugz : the AI aponents love to bump you off the track, and that is not realistic.

Go race online.

Quote from slugz :Second of all, your car skids and loses traction when going 20-30km/h.

eh?

Quote from slugz :This game has obsolete game physics.

How can the physics be obsolete? It's not as if the laws of Physics are constantly changing

Quote from slugz : The only thing I can find that's realistic is the gear shifting, but you can't tear your clutch. So once again, not realistic.

The game is a work in progress

Quote from slugz :I hope GTR 2 will seem more realistic, a good thing this game is torrent'ed because it's not worth buying.

You go and make a better simulator then.

Quote from slugz :I find GRiD to be 100x more realistic than this game.

Good for you. :P
I agree with the AI thing, the skids at low speeds but GTR2 and Grid are far from being anywere near LFS when it comes to physics.

Also, for the slides, GTR2 and Grid have cars with racing slicks. So to compare, use the GTR's or the single seaters. They do not skid at low speeds. And if you have to slow down to 20 kmh to take turns in LFS then I think you need to question your racing skills. :S
Lol, try playing TDU on hardcore mode.

Took my R34 Skyline for a cruise along my favirote twisty road going out into the mountains and back into the main city centre, only to find it would understeer at 30-40Mph on tight corners.

Try the same in LFS with the RB4 and the same will happen.

It is realistic... you're not.

If you think GRiD is realistic, you need your head testing.
Quote from evilpimp :I agree with the AI thing, the skids at low speeds but GTR2 and Grid are far from being anywere near LFS when it comes to physics.

Also, for the slides, GTR2 and Grid have cars with racing slicks. So to compare, use the GTR's or the single seaters. They do not skid at low speeds. And if you have to slow down to 20 kmh to take turns in LFS then I think you need to question your racing skills. :S

He cant drive GTRs.
He can drive the FBM though.
Quote from slugz :This game is pretty old, and the graphics are terrible. But I downloaded it because it supports the clutch for my G25.

Now the training exercises are pretty kool, but the racing itself is far from realistic.

that is NOT realistic. This game has obsolete game physics. The only thing I can find that's realistic is the gear shifting, but you can't tear your clutch. So once again, not realistic.

I hope GTR 2 will seem more realistic, a good thing this game is torrent'ed because it's not worth buying.

You have absolutely no idea how vehicle handling works do you? Until then, I suggest keeping your snide comments to yourself... they only make you look dumb
..the first two replies are brilliant!!
Quote from slugz :This game is pretty old, and the graphics are terrible. But I downloaded it because it supports the clutch for my G25.

shame man .. just think only (O N L Y) three developers and steel one of the best physics ever :clapclap:
Quote from slugz :

I find Viper Racing 100x more realistic than Race Driver: GRID.
Quote from psychometalist :I find Viper Racing 100x more realistic than Race Driver: GRID.

i find F1 Gran Prix for DOS 100x more realistic than Viper Racing.

Yes the game is old, but LFS mostly supports new technologies first in all Sims (i. e. TrackIR).

You have only tested XFG, XRG and FBM... i.e. the FBM... have you ever seen a race in TV? Compare it with a replay from V1 Challenge and make your points then before writing such critics like this.
The XFG feels like my VW Polo GTi with Standard Setup... its campareable because the weight and the engine specs are similar. So i think its realistic too. For XRG i have never driven a similar street car.

I agree, but AI is updated in since patch Y, see patch X and you know what real wrecking is!

Try it with your real car... drive 30km/h and make a hard turn und kick the pedal onto the ground... you will see what happens... YES YOU LOSE TRACTION.

LFS is one of the most realistic games out there... sure there are some failures in it, i.e. our good old moonphysics barricades, but Scawen works on it and mostly in new patches we have physics updates.

GTR2 and realistic? With all driving aids off its drivable, but if you race with aids, you maybe have choosen the wrong game genre... its simply boring with driving aids.

Pedal to the metal with over 300 hp and nothing happens (slides etc.)??? THIS is not realistic! Its simply easy driving.... i got 100% there in 2 days...

My 2 cents are bold
Mr Trekkerfahrer hit the nail on the preverbial head
#20 - Jakg
I guess he's never driven a real car?
My guess: he's using way too much and way too fast steering...

slugz: Coming from NfS and giving proper racing sims a try now? NfS, GriD and so on try to convince you that a car on normal road tyres will make a 90° turn at speed no problem - it just won't... Try it with more lock (at least 540°, the more the better for you) and don't yank it, but turn the whell smoothly... You'll soon discover you've been badly wrong...

If you want to find out more about a car's handling, try reading up on the traction circle and lift and how those two things correspond...
^^ me too... i drive a van and it perty similar to lfs... with a ton of weight added (tweak z)
this game is made by 3 man and maybe more like one right now and thanks you eric and its in constant evolution and its massivement costumizable this game worth by his possibilities that's what i think, and the physique are better than ''the real racing simulator'' aka gt5 that's so unrealistic but its like one of the most popular racing game so that's it maybe i'm wrong but its what i think
You're going to have to try harder than that. You also forgot to mention the lack of NOZZZZ and tuning upgrades. Stick to NFS for now
Attached images
1220737523613.jpg
I suggest you find a tight corner in your neigborhood and try to take it at 60-70 mph. go ahead, GRID says you can do it.
This thread is closed

(86 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG