The online racing simulator
LFS realistic? i don't think so.
(86 posts, closed, started )
Quote from slugz :
I hope GTR 2 will seem more realistic, a good thing this game is torrent'ed because it's not worth buying.

Am i the only one thinking there is a crack around these words?
Quote from BlueMile :What did I do wrong?

Nothing, hes the only one.
Well,.... the threadstarter actually too.
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP : Didn't contribute anything

I think he meant he'd agree with you, and that the TS should go away...
Quote from slugz :a good thing this game is torrent'ed because it's not worth buying.

Why the hell would you want to torrent LFS when you can download the game from www.lfs.net? :nut:
Quote from Bob Smith :What? Nobody told you about physics v2.0? You're missing out mate.

Teleportation should be coming in the v2.1 patch, as well as the ability to have control over the rate at which time flows (not multiplayer compatible).

Teleportation is already a reality it's just we can only do it with photons at the moment.
Maybe he managed to torrent one of the old patches when it felt like driving on ice in the FO8.
#59 - Jakg
Quote from slugz :This game is pretty old, and the graphics are terrible. But I downloaded it because it supports the clutch for my G25.

Now the training exercises are pretty kool, but the racing itself is far from realistic.

First of all, the AI aponents love to bump you off the track, and that is not realistic.

Second of all, your car skids and loses traction when going 20-30km/h.

that is NOT realistic. This game has obsolete game physics. The only thing I can find that's realistic is the gear shifting, but you can't tear your clutch. So once again, not realistic.

I hope GTR 2 will seem more realistic, a good thing this game is torrent'ed because it's not worth buying.

I find GRiD to be 100x more realistic than this game.

Quote from evilpimp responding to slugz :... And if you have to slow down to 20 kmh to take turns in LFS then I think you need to question your racing skills. :S

Word!

slugz, you have no Idea. you are probably 15 years old and has never drove a real car or you messed your torrented file up xD
Quote from Gentlefoot :Teleportation is already a reality it's just we can only do it with photons at the moment.

Yeah but the problem they're still fighting off is the one stated by the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. They can either locate a particle in space or its speed. Not both. (Before someone starts shooting at me: i know I wrote it rather simplistic)

Damn, I thought you opened the topic, It's the first post on the top of the page, ON PAGE 2 Sorry mate
Come on!

How old are you? Have you ever drove a real life car? If so, have you ever tried to slide a car?

Probably not, because you would know how a RL car handles. But, never mind, don't race in LFS. Go and play Grid or Counter Strike! That's the game for you!

Noob.
Quote from hariel-HUN- :Come on!

How old are you? Have you ever drove a real life car? If so, have you ever tried to slide a car?

Probably not, because you would know how a RL car handles. But, never mind, don't race in LFS. Go and play Grid or Counter Strike! That's the game for you!

Noob.

Woah now, CounterStrike is the LFS of FPS. Don't go dissing it now

Grid on the other hand...
Counterstrike is less realistic than shooting confetti from a giant rocket powered cannon.

The most realistic FPS game I've played was probbably a cross between BF2 and Americas Army.

COD4 on 'Veteran' comes in close....
Quote from slugz :This game is pretty old, and the graphics are terrible. But I downloaded it because it supports the clutch for my G25.

Now the training exercises are pretty kool, but the racing itself is far from realistic.

First of all, the AI aponents love to bump you off the track, and that is not realistic.

Second of all, your car skids and loses traction when going 20-30km/h.

that is NOT realistic. This game has obsolete game physics. The only thing I can find that's realistic is the gear shifting, but you can't tear your clutch. So once again, not realistic.

I find GRiD to be 100x more realistic than this game.

Live For Speed is a WIP online racing simulator. The devs are updating the AI's . or go race online if you have the AI's . The graphics in LFS Z are much better than the previous versions of lfs.

GRID IS A ARCADE GAME ( SAME LIKE NFS) AND NOT A RACING SIM.

AND GO BUY LFS S2!!!!!!!
U who mad ethis tread u are a complete idiot drive a car first then talk and train a bit please nouddy is pro withing s day ore so In a RACE SIMULATOR
This thread is a real laugh !! I have been driving LFS for about a week or so now. Started with Grid, then a few days of GTR, then LFS. LFS is by far the best, and most realistic driving experience !

Quote from slugz :I find GRiD to be 100x more realistic than this game.

I find that this sentence sums it up pretty well
Wow, this thread does sure bring up the finest crop of this forum. Guys, it's obvious the OP is either ignorant or a troll, but some of the responses here are far worse than the topic post. "Go buy S2", "idiot", "noob" just to name a few. Every time something like this happens it drags down the image of the whole LFS community.

Maybe read that thread again and activate your brain a bit before posting next time. Also this.
Lol, just read the whole of this thread XD

I've never driven a car (Cept the family one on a private road, which i got up to 30 mph in, woo! :P ) but i do know one thing.

Ai's shouldn't bump you off because you should be about 4 km's ahead of them at all times... :P

I had NFS MW and Burnout for PS2, which i recently sold. They don't have a patch on the physics of LFS. I once crashed a Porcshe head on into a truck whilst using N02 on NFS. I flew back about 500 metres and drove off again with no obvious suspension damage. Now, if i hit a truck head on in LFS whilst using N02, not only would i be banned for speedhacking, i'd also be dead, out of bounds and with a pretty mangled up car.

Disclaimer: You won't actually die playing LFS. Any LFS Related deaths are completely nonrelated to LFS. 0.o
Lfs unrealistic ??

The next level of realisim is sitting in a real car, its not by luck this game got awards for its physics. As for not able to turn with 20 kmh there are many factors for this from the car setup, tyre temps, hot spots, race line .

Yes indeed AI cars aren't great but dont forget its ment for multiplayer also they are considerbly improving. I see this more of a simulator then more of a game, if you want a game go play nfs carbon etc etc, the same with graphics its not that important since its a racing simulator , ok they arent great but the depth in the car physics outplay this area so much. Just the feeling of the grip you get with the car is enough to suck you into the game

Ive played many racing games nfs series is just a joke, gtr is closer still the cars have that cardboard box effect, what gets you more in lfs is the detail in the physics and moddeling go youtube and search lfs tires flexing you will see what im reffering to. Although addmitting after lates updates i was getting cold to it what lfs lacks for me is the depth which other games have more tracks and more cars
Well I think in a way lfs was harder to learn to drive than a real car. Bearing in mind I have raced and drifted cars before driving lfs. It took me a long time to be able to drive anywhere near as good as in real life. So do not think that just because you are not good straight away that lfs is wrong, it just takes time to pick up how to drive it properly and the more you get used to it the more like a real car it feels.
Quote from Bob Smith :What? Nobody told you about physics v2.0? You're missing out mate.

Newtonian++ we're calling it. We've been looking at what people would like in physics, such as what is possible in FPS games, and backporting the features into real life. Double jump and air control have been added, as well as the ability to toggle clipping and carry a near-infinite number of weapons. Teleportation should be coming in the v2.1 patch, as well as the ability to have control over the rate at which time flows (not multiplayer compatible).

I would have sigged it (but there are length issues).

Post of the week
Nononono all are wrong , he is right, NFS and GRID are the perfect Physisc in the history , how ppl can be so blind! ,Also chuck norris is god , The war is a liar , We have space ship Like the Enterprise so why can go more faster that light, also the HIV has ben cured , and the CANCER TOO!!!!, The airplays dont need more wing´s to fly ( they use a electro magnetic field to fly ) , Also everyone in the world is rich , with ubber mega pc , and we live in peace with all , in a draming world , We have drugs without secondary effect and legals , the smoke dont kill ,We have 5 planets with humnas living there, And we are friend of Klingons and romulian´s and many other specias.... yessssssss!

Oh w8 i wass talking ironicaly

@ontopic: NFS - GRID - Physisc = Drive a brick in the ice
LFS - Physisc = 80% as real life
This thread is closed

LFS realistic? i don't think so.
(86 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG