The online racing simulator
Begining to figure out why Hamiltion does'nt get that much backing from within the Paddock from his fellow drivers......and it aint because he's at the top of the Championship.

Some of those move were incredabily questionable, and some may say deserving of a penalty. I know that in racing, the aim is not to make friends, but you should'nt look to make enemies either.
It appears he still drives like he is in a kart. Sliding the car to help slow it down [at least, this is how I drive a kart]. Im not saying he is a bad driver, he obviously is not, but his technique, is, lets say, unusual. How can he be surprised that his tyres get really worn.
Either way hamilton drove a great race end of.

We should be talking about vettel. Absolutely stunning really!!! Webber will be very happy to have him joining RBR next year... not.
i dnt think vettels happy either
Quote :He wrecked his first set of extreme wets as is, so going back out on extreme wets was simply stupid. If his team had any brains, they would have sent him out on standard wets, and he would have been good to go to the finish. Playing the weather usually fails, and they should do the whole "wait for it to rain, then react" play.

If he'd gone out on extreme wets when he did his pit stop he'd probably have a few sore muscles from the accident he'd be sure to have had... Your logic is absurd this time Dustin, it simple wasn't intermediate weather when Lewis had to pit.

To say he was banking on the weather is wrong, he took the prudent strategy, even kept himself out of trouble for the first few laps whilst the race settled down which was most peculiar to see him do (I kinda expected Lewis to crash personally), and ran the car aslong as he could before pitted but it was still wet tyre weather when he stopped.

His strategy wasn't wrong, it just wasn't his day to win from 15th that's all.
The incident invloving webber, sure hamilton didn't give him much room, but if you watch the onboard from webber, he's the one who turned into hamiltons tyre
For the incident with Webber hmm well imo that was over the limit. On the other hand what happened with Glock was Glock's fault... he had no "rights" to be there, it was a stupid move. Hamilton just took the normal line and he probably didn'nt even see that Glock was trying something so stupid..
Quote from Kazu2799 :For the incident with Webber hmm well imo that was over the limit. On the other hand what happened with Glock was Glock's fault... he had no "rights" to be there, it was a stupid move. Hamilton just took the normal line and he probably didn'nt even see that Glock was trying something so stupid..

I wouldn't call accelerating and staying next to another driver in order to have the inside for the next corner, stupid.
Quote from DejaVu :The incident invloving webber, sure hamilton didn't give him much room, but if you watch the onboard from webber, he's the one who turned into hamiltons tyre

Hamilton didn't leave a car's width between his left side tyres and the white line on the left of the track. He also did the same with Fisichella when he was overtaking, pushing him onto the white line and causing him to miss the first chicane. The point is that Hamilton didn't need to be doing that but he felt the need to.
Pissed me off that the ITV crew couldn't even bring themselves to say it was naughty. They almost went there a few times but then backed away from it. Pussies.

Hamilton's going to have Schumacher's reputation soon enough. Hell, given Hamilton's age maybe it's Schumacher's direct influence. I say we blame it on the Germans. All those in favour?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Pissed me off that the ITV crew couldn't even bring themselves to say it was naughty. They almost went there a few times but then backed away from it. Pussies.

Hamilton's going to have Schumacher's reputation soon enough. Hell, given Hamilton's age maybe it's Schumacher's direct influence. I say we blame it on the Germans. All those in favour?

Here Here

Tho Vettel is German, sadly

If he were not German (and not French or American) then he'd be my favourite driver by miles.
Is Massa still a 100% incompetent driver in the wet btw? Or can we finally bury that and conclude that he had a bad setup at Silverstone?
#413 - AMB
Quote from thisnameistaken :pissed Me Off That The Itv Crew Couldn't Even Bring Themselves To Say It Was Naughty. They Almost Went There A Few Times But Then Backed Away From It. Pussies.

Hamilton's Going To Have Schumacher's Reputation Soon Enough. Hell, Given Hamilton's Age Maybe It's Schumacher's Direct Influence. I Say We Blame It On The Germans. All Those In Favour?

I.
Quote from Jertje :Is Massa still a 100% incompetent driver in the wet btw? Or can we finally bury that and conclude that he had a bad setup at Silverstone?

tbh I dont think his Monza performance did his stock value any good. Shall we settle for 85% incompetent?
Quote from Becky Rose :tbh I dont think his Monza performance did his stock value any good. Shall we settle for 85% incompetent?

I agree mostly, but it was at least a performance that took brushed up his failure at Silverstone. 70% incompetent with an additional 20% drop if he wins the title?
Has somebuddy bothered to record this i misses it completely
My mum, who doesnt watch F1 and hates it, came in at the end of the race and heard James Allen talking about Vettel's win and commented, "Can't you shut that idiot up, how can you listen to that man for two hours?".

Then Mario Tyssen started talking and she burst out laughing.
Well, for the speed trap I think there is an explanation. We didn't go for a more downforce configuration, thinking it might be dry today, so we stuck to the dry level and didn't touch it, so on the straight lines we were bloody fast compared to all the others

great performance by vettel and magical to see vettel and berger the 2 most likeable guys in f1 celebrating together
i immediately became a vettel fan when i saw him in fuji last year after over a decade of not watching a single f1 race and now hes put a huge smile on my face by dominating a gp for the first time in his career

as for those who think he didnt do any mistakes this weekend... remember the mosley discussion earlier?

just when the german anthem started too

Quote from zeugnimod :Am I the only one who thinks that Hamilton would have deserved a penalty in this race more than the penalty at Spa?

probably... or at least a harsher penalty than at spa

Quote from Rappa Z :Many people will say Vettel drove as good as Senna did in the rain today, but I say Senna drove like Vettel did today.

i must have missed the bit where vettel got overtaken by someone he lapped just a few corners earlier

Quote from Becky Rose :His strategy wasn't wrong, it just wasn't his day to win from 15th that's all.

kubica and alonso were on a similar stragegy and managed to make their tyres last until the window to switch to intermedias opened
Attached images
grab127556.jpg
Quote from thisnameistaken :Pissed me off that the ITV crew couldn't even bring themselves to say it was naughty. They almost went there a few times but then backed away from it. Pussies.

the 'pussies' are the ones that claim it was naughty. It's motor racing, not ballet... deal with it!
Quote from Shotglass :

kubica and alonso were on a similar stragegy and managed to make their tyres last until the window to switch to intermedias opened

But they didn't start 15th, and had to overtake people all day. the real strategy error came on Saturday when they tried to go on inters in Q2... just a silly silly gamble!
Quote from Intrepid :the 'pussies' are the ones that claim it was naughty. It's motor racing, not ballet... deal with it!

So I would imagine that includes Lewis then, after all he claimed what Kimi did to him at Spa was unfair
Quote from Intrepid :the 'pussies' are the ones that claim it was naughty. It's motor racing, not ballet... deal with it!

Would you say the same if Glock went completely on the grass, hit the wall and got seriously injured? illepall:
Quote from Intrepid :But they didn't start 15th, and had to overtake people all day. the real strategy error came on Saturday when they tried to go on inters in Q2... just a silly silly gamble!

oh im sure kubica starting on 11th made the tyre situation completely different

massa who is known for being rubbish in the wet managed to drive 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than hamilton in q2 on the same tyres

also youre the second biggest cock ive seen on this forum but im sure youve already figured this out by now
Quote from amp88 :Hamilton didn't leave a car's width between his left side tyres and the white line on the left of the track. He also did the same with Fisichella when he was overtaking, pushing him onto the white line and causing him to miss the first chicane. The point is that Hamilton didn't need to be doing that but he felt the need to.

Just like some real life LFS hotshots! Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG