The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :In support of James Allen (YES IN SUPPORT), he is a half decent writer. Far better in print than on the TV!

Yeah, fair comment.

Personally I think "As A Man Thinketh" was his best.
The race was eventful.
Massa stayed ahead of Hamilton on a couple of occasions by cutting the chicane (if there'd been a wall there etc ).
Hamilton made some stupid unnecessary moves, sideswiping an impressive Webber by moving back over under braking was ridiculous.
Vettel was class.
Kov was average, as was Massa.
Kimi was an also-ran.
Alonso and Renault were smart again.
Kubica solid, competent, professional.
Bourdais mega unfortunate.
Honda, shocking - what are they doing?

Rather looking forward to Singapore. It should be another interesting weekend, who says F1 is dull? (Rhetorical question, do not answer ).
I think Singapore has a good chance of getting red flagged. It's heavy rain season, and the race is at night under floodlights (no pun intended). Huge clouds of spray lit bright by lights, and even more glare from your rain splattered visor to contend with. Ugh.
Quote from sinbad :The race was eventful.
Massa stayed ahead of Hamilton on a couple of occasions by cutting the chicane (if there'd been a wall there etc ).
Hamilton made some stupid unnecessary moves, sideswiping an impressive Webber by moving back over under braking was ridiculous.
Vettel was class.
Kov was average, as was Massa.
Kimi was an also-ran.
Alonso and Renault were smart again.
Kubica solid, competent, professional.
Bourdais mega unfortunate.
Honda, shocking - what are they doing?

Rather looking forward to Singapore. It should be another interesting weekend, who says F1 is dull? (Rhetorical question, do not answer ).

Kubica was also hugely lucky. His one and only pit stop falls right at the window of changing to inters. but how massive was the fuel tank in the BMW and the Renault of Piquet...

where as in my book I think McLaren stuff their strategy up again. If they switched to a 2 stop, which means Hamilton would run a light car with a short-ish middle stints, then he would have been a few seconds up the road than where he was. Ferrari saw the track drying up and switched Kimi to a 2 stop (which doesn't help him very much since he was no where), McLaren insisted on a one stop which means Lewis was driving a very heavy car unnecessarily since they later had to pit again anyway.

but well hindsight is always a wonderful thing...
Quote from samjh :I think Singapore has a good chance of getting red flagged. It's heavy rain season, and the race is at night under floodlights (no pun intended). Huge clouds of spray lit bright by lights, and even more glare from your rain splattered visor to contend with. Ugh.

unfortunately Bernie keeps on insisting a night street race is a brilliant idea, just to make it looks "cool" and to keep the European viewers happy.

But heck then don't take races off Europe in the first place~! I do felt sorry for those Singaporians who have to work the next morning... lol

and hopfully it'll stay dry so we won't have to see a Merc parade for 2 hours...
Quote from JCTK :Kubica was also hugely lucky. His one and only pit stop falls right at the window of changing to inters.

im quite sure that the idea was to fuel the car up as much as possible to be able to call him in at any point during the race when the weather calls for different tyres
I've been to Grand Prix, i've heard the noise. I remember my first race, standing at the Luffield complex at Silverstone I heared the field thunder down Hanger Straight on the first lap and saying, "**** me that's loud" when they where over a mile away. I reckon this night race is going to have some serious repurcussions for the people of Singapore, but thankfully for F1, nobody gives a shit about them anyway and the show will go on !
Quote from Shotglass :im quite sure that the idea was to fuel the car up as much as possible to be able to call him in at any point during the race when the weather calls for different tyres

but it also needed the fuel tank to be able to carry enough fuel to last like 30 laps out of a 5x laps race~? I forgot exactly when he pitted but it was definitly a few laps after the half way stage of the race.

you can't just literally pit at "any point during the race" because obviously you gotta watch out when will the car runs out of fuel...

to be fair, he also drove quite well during the race, but as I said, the strategy and the lucky timing also helped him hugely.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've been to Grand Prix, i've heard the noise. I remember my first race, standing at the Luffield complex at Silverstone I heared the field thunder down Hanger Straight on the first lap and saying, "**** me that's loud" when they where over a mile away. I reckon this night race is going to have some serious repurcussions for the people of Singapore, but thankfully for F1, nobody gives a shit about them anyway and the show will go on !

they will give plenty of sh*t about it when they finally realise how bloody noisy these things are, especially considering the timing of the race...
Quote from JCTK :you can't just literally pit at "any point during the race" because obviously you gotta watch out when will the car runs out of fuel...

well yes but you can fill it up as much as possible which apparently is enough to push the pitting window back a lot and wait for the opportune moment
in the wet on a track like monza runing heavy seemingly doesnt cost all that much in performacne
Quote from Shotglass :well yes but you can fill it up as much as possible which apparently is enough to push the pitting window back a lot and wait for the opportune moment
in the wet on a track like monza runing heavy seemingly doesnt cost all that much in performacne

well, Lewis and Kimi were on that same strategy, just that either their fuel tank wasn't as big or their engine drinks more, or a bit of both... and that ended up was quite costly for them...
I haven't really read this thread as I only caught the last 15 laps of the race, I am going to have to download the race to see the overtaking moves by Hamilton to get to 2nd position but then lost it due to unscheduled pit stop which made his final position 7th. All I hope is that Hamilton wins the next to races which would crown him world champion with 2 races left, as there is 1 point between hamilton and massa, so if Hamilton finish's 1st the next 2 races that would give him a 5 points lead over Massa which Massa wouldn't be able to get back. I would really like Hamilton to win the world championship. His skills in the rain though are amazing.
Why wouldn't Massa be able to get 5 points back?
Because there would be only 20 points available, err.....
Quote from sam93 :His skills in the rain though are amazing.

Yes, they truly are, 1.7s slower than a poorly-performing Raikkonen in a very wet qualifying... absolute rain genius

Quote from tristancliffe :Because there would be only 20 points available, err.....

My thoughts exactly!
No no chaps, he may have a point.

The last two races are in China and Brazil, and Hamilton would never do anything as daft as screwing up at those tracks now would he...
Quote from JamesF1 :Yes, they truly are, 1.7s slower than a poorly-performing Raikkonen in a very wet qualifying... absolute rain genius

My thoughts exactly!

that was due to doing something extremely stupid with the tyres through...
I think I might not of thought my idea through. If Hamilton wins 2 races he can afford to come 2nd in 2 races as then he would win the championship by 1 point between him and Massa. I didn't think that if Hamilton finish's outside the points in 2 races but wins 2 races he could lose the championship. I think I got it wrong before hand, didn't I.

So it will be a race until the end of the season for the championship, unless Massa doesn't finish 2 races and hamilton wins 2 races then Hamilton would have the championship, I doubt Kubica would have a chance this season, the Ferrari's and Mclarens are to strong.

I must remember to think my ideas/thoughts through before posting them.

Edit: Can't wait for the night race though, hopefully it will be an intresting race.
Quote from Mazz4200 :No no chaps, he may have a point.

The last two races are in China and Brazil, and Hamilton would never do anything as daft as screwing up at those tracks now would he...

out of all these screw ups...he haven't attempted a false start yet.......um..maybe its time.
I think it is going to take some time before people start to change their minds about Hamilton or start to like him, he has proved himself in the wet, he is nearly world champion, what is it going to take for people to start liking him?
Quite the opposite, really. When he started I was amazed, I even wanted him to beat Alonso! But things changed fast, I laughed so hard when Alonso got the pole in Hungary.

There's no doubt he is very talented, but all that he is proving now is that he is a dirty, arrogant ****.
Quote from de Souza :quite The Opposite, Really. When He Started I Was Amazed, I Even Wanted Him To Beat Alonso! But Things Changed Fast, I Laughed So Hard When Alonso Got The Pole In Hungary.

There's No Doubt He Is Very Talented, But All That He Is Proving Now Is That He Is A Dirty, Arrogant ****.

+1
Quote from JCTK :that was due to doing something extremely stupid with the tyres through...

In what way to McLaren's tyres differ from everyone elses? Oh right, they don't.
Quote from JCTK :well, Lewis and Kimi were on that same strategy, just that either their fuel tank wasn't as big or their engine drinks more, or a bit of both... and that ended up was quite costly for them...

or kubica just isnt the kind of guy whos completely unable to keep his tyres working over long distances

kimi looked more like a complete tactical error to me since iirc the time spent fueling the car was proportional to the stints he did which wouldnt have been the case if his car was fueled unusually heavy for the early stop he did
Attached images
Zeichnung1.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG